Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 188

Thread: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    I tried to care about Alec Baldwin or what he says.

    I was unsuccessful.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I'm not at all surprised. I am, however, annoyed that time after time he is allowed to get away with this behavior without the slightest repercussion. If Mel Gibson and Paula Deen suffer professionally and financially because of their unacceptable behavior... and they both have... why the hell the Alec Baldwin repeatedly get a pass AND new commercial contracts, movie deals, tv series, etc.??? 'Tain't fair, goshdernit!!
    you expect an industry that is overwhelmingly liberal to eat one of their own?

    I think you you are asking too much ... it ain't gonna happen.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    His choice of the word "Queen" is reprehensible. As is his additional foot up the ass and liking it comment. But your point is well taken regarding the scum reporter. On the other hand, Baldwin's previous rants muddy the water.
    Really? Perhaps you're just oversensitive.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I think some actually understand they really don't care about alec's comments at all which is why they have gone the paula route and are trying to turn this into a black on gay fight rather than a real fight on slurs. Others I am sure have deluded themselves into thinking that they really do care for homosexuals in this matter. Either way the only people being fooled are the fools.
    He didn't use a gay slur.

  5. #65
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Alec Baldwin!.....i thought he moved to Europe after bush was elected...is he not a man of his word?

  6. #66
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    Based on what I read, he called the man a 'queen' and implied he would enjoy it if he were to stick his foot up his ass. Not exactly raging homophobia. Hell, I've heard gay people I know call themselves queens.

    As well. All this coming from the Daily Mail, I mean, really?! Should we be getting worked over what the Daily Mail said?
    If he were a conservative and said the same thing would you still be making excuses for him?

    r
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    He didn't use a gay slur.
    The use of the word queen in a derogatory insulting sense is a slur. Also the use of anal sex as some sort of insult people should be ashamed of would also be a slur. hence, when he said he would probably like a foot being rammed up his ass to imply that the person was gay as an insult was a slur. Of course, someone who actually cared about homosexuals might have realized that the intent is meaningful. This is why most of us recognize when certain people are just pretending to be concerned about the feelings of gays and the insults towards them.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Anderson Cooper @andersoncooper

    Why does #AlecBaldwin get a pass when he uses gay slurs? If a conservative talked of beating up a "queen" they would be vilified.


    Good question....
    In reality it depends on the person, how they do it, and what they do afterwards. A Rush Limbaugh will get vilified for it but not actually lose his job because that is his job and he is speaking to an audience who wants him to say it. A paula Dean type person would get more heat because she cooks things and she is not there for social commentary and politics. Alec baldwin will probably get a pass because he is offensive and he can still sell himself as a villain. In all honesty he can and has slipped into roles of more dubious morality where you could portray him as being an ass and getting his comeuppance.

    Now onto the how they do it. In the case of Rush it is again his job to shock and annoy. Alec said it in a moment of annoyance and rage people can sympathize with. Who the hell cares about his wife tweeting at a funeral, and why the hell is the news being a bunch of jerks about it? Paula compounded her problem because she was already involved in a prejudice investigation, and she felt it was her right as a southern woman to make hurtful statements. If she just came out in the beginning and said she said it because she was pissed off then people could have gotten it, but oh no she was a southern woman and that made it ok.

    Finally the handling after the fact. Rush would never apologize so attacking him will not do much. Alec will just shrug it off and might offer up a small half assed apology, but he isn't going to start crying over it. Paula played the victim card. She was all about stop being meamn to her because she was crying and that may work for a young girl who comes off as stupid, but paula is an older woman and the crying thing just looks fake and stupid. Plus when you play the victim card you often invite abuse. Even a young pretty girl would end up taking insults for being a bimbo or something like that for being stupid if she thought her tears would tget people off of her back. Paula just opened the flood gates for everyone who hated her to attack.

  9. #69
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Baldwin is so well-known for his short temper. He's never grown up. But he was defending his wife's honor. It's just that he can't control himself. Now this is all about his thoughtless insults and what a jerk he is rather than an opportunity to demonstrate how quick to judge celebrities the media are.

    Twitter time bug behind Alec Baldwin's wife's 'funeral tweets' that led to actor unleashing homophobic rant | Mail Online

  10. #70
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,525

    Re: Alec Baldwin using gay slurs

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Baldwin is so well-known for his short temper. He's never grown up. But he was defending his wife's honor. It's just that he can't control himself. Now this is all about his thoughtless insults and what a jerk he is rather than an opportunity to demonstrate how quick to judge celebrities the media are.

    Twitter time bug behind Alec Baldwin's wife's 'funeral tweets' that led to actor unleashing homophobic rant | Mail Online
    I've seen Facebook posts that show up hours later. Makes absolutely no sense. I don't use Twitter, but I'm sure it's possible that it could happen, as it happens regularly with FB.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •