Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Psssst: Issa and his witchhunters have lost. Deal with it. It looks like the IRS was infiltrated with conservative republicans who targeted progressive organizations (just like Bush did). I think we need to start investigating how high this went up in the GOP.
    Issa lost?

    The IRS is targeting and harassing Americans because of their beliefs and the only thing you're concerned about is "Issa losing" and "Obama winning"

    Nothing more needs to be said

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is not true. As the OP shows, even progressive groups were targeted.

    And while the criteria they used is considered "inappropriate", the evidence indicates that the only reason why the IRS used those criteria was to find groups which were probably ineligible for the tax exempt status they were applying for. There is nothing wrong with the IRS using "non-random" methods (such as check every tenth application) to decide which applications to investigate.
    Wrong

    They were not targeted with the same level of scrutiny. 500 Tea Party/religious groups were targeted. Their applications were sent to a special tecnical operations group. Liberals groups did not receive the same scrutiny. Not even close.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Issa lost?

    The IRS is targeting and harassing Americans because of their beliefs and the only thing you're concerned about is "Issa losing" and "Obama winning"

    Nothing more needs to be said



    Wrong

    They were not targeted with the same level of scrutiny. 500 Tea Party/religious groups were targeted. Their applications were sent to a special tecnical operations group. Liberals groups did not receive the same scrutiny. Not even close.
    Issa actually got involved in the internal IRS investigation and it now appears he interfered with it, by forcing the investigator to not disclose that progressive groups were targeted.

    He needs to be investigated for his coverup. Word on the street is, Reid may be planning just that.

    What were Issa's contacts with the IRS investigation? Did you cover up the targeting of progressive groups? Did the GOP operatives in the Cincinnati group work with him?

    This is going to fuuuuuuun!

  3. #83
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,562

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is not true. As the OP shows, even progressive groups were targeted.

    And while the criteria they used is considered "inappropriate", the evidence indicates that the only reason why the IRS used those criteria was to find groups which were probably ineligible for the tax exempt status they were applying for. There is nothing wrong with the IRS using "non-random" methods (such as check every tenth application) to decide which applications to investigate.
    Contradiction noted. Argument rejected.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #84
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Are you kidding me right now? So you linked an article that broke the story. Big woop. How does that excuse your blatant defense of Fascism in this thread? Oh that's right. it doesn't.

    Doesn't mean you're not trying to desperately toss up smoke screens and attack the investigator now because that's exactly what you are doing. You are part of the problem. Not the solution. If anything it only puts a spotlight on how you lack character and integrity. This issue is not about parties and labels.
    So because I think Issa's a pile of self-serving ****...I'm defending Obama...

    The problem is your lack of logic. If A then X because you said so?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Looks like the IRS was just doing their job. Good for them...
    Bottomline, this is probably the case.'

    It appears Issa interfered with the internal IRS investigation to make it sound like tea party organizations were being targeted. Turns out to be false. Did Issa force the IRS investigators to suppress the truth?

  6. #86
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Bottomline, this is probably the case.'

    It appears Issa interfered with the internal IRS investigation to make it sound like tea party organizations were being targeted. Turns out to be false. Did Issa force the IRS investigators to suppress the truth?
    This cartoon is making more and more sense.


  7. #87
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,640

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That is not true. As the OP shows, even progressive groups were targeted.

    And while the criteria they used is considered "inappropriate", the evidence indicates that the only reason why the IRS used those criteria was to find groups which were probably ineligible for the tax exempt status they were applying for. There is nothing wrong with the IRS using "non-random" methods (such as check every tenth application) to decide which applications to investigate.
    If everything was on the up and up then why didn't the "evidence" show that the applications for groups with "progressive" in their name were supposed to be sent to some special group for review? It seems to me that "equal treatment" would mean that they would get the same or similar treatment.

  8. #88
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,399

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed



    Awwww... it looks like yet another phoney outrage and manufactured story to make the Democrats (particularly Obama) look bad, unprofessional, deceitful and evil has gone up in smoke. Will Issa eat a whole ****ing humble pie for himself, or will he still pretend (like those who suffer from tinfoilasitis), that the big bad IRS -- no matter the evidence -- IS still after the poor and victimized widdle wight wingers? So many here were duped big time and it seems to be a common occurrence in this days of misinformation. So, to those who fell hook line and sinker... how does this new information make you feel and how will you approach the next "scandal"? I am seriously curious.

    Funny thing, there are some major concrete things to be upset with the Obama Administration, including the fact that they have done pretty much nothing to change the regulations of the banking industry... an industry that almost collapsed the American economy. Amazing that it seems few are angry about this, yet get a boner with incredibly stupid stories like the IRS.

    IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed | The Raw Story
    For the sake of conversation, let's say this is true. Then wouldn't it have been easier for President Obama to simply say so, to simply say that their targeting was "equal opportunity", rather than just stand there looking like a deer caught in the headlights?
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    This cartoon is making more and more sense.

    Beautiful!

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    For the sake of conversation, let's say this is true. Then wouldn't it have been easier for President Obama to simply say so, to simply say that their targeting was "equal opportunity", rather than just stand there looking like a deer caught in the headlights?
    It would be about as easy for you not to state a false premise, which of course you just did.

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •