Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #301
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    I disagree with your view that the two groups are NOT educational. I also disagree with your belief that Media Matters is an "extension" of the Democratic Party (thanks for using the correct word )

    A better page for people to read about Media Matters would be this one - Issues | Media Matters for America

    for the Media Research Center, try this page - About Us | Media Research Center
    But you don't disagree that the Media Research Center is an extension of the Republican Party. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Then how would the tea party groups going around and holding rallies on political issues not be for educational services? They are educating on the conservative viewpoint of issues, how is that different from MMA? or MRC?

    You guys want to have it both ways. Pick one or the other and pass a law to that effect.
    More straw! The argument at hand is whether baggers and progressive groups are being scrutinized over their tax status.

    NEWS FLASH: Both are.

    If you believe Media Matters is not within their proper status, report them.

    I never said anything about any bagger group being in violation of their status.

    You NEVER THINK YOUR COMMENTS TOWARDS ME THROUGH!

    FFS!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #303
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    After calling for an end to snark you could not be quite so snarky a few posts later.....
    No, I am TOTALLY SERIOUS....if you or anyone believes MM is in violation of their status...REPORT THEM!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #304
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,454
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    I see you want to ignore the word the other buzzwords and the disparate treatment of conservative and liberal groups.

    As for bolded, its irrelevant. Whats relevant is that the IRS discharges the law as completely as they can, not how they want it to be. Whats relevant is they treat both liberal and conservative groups equally regardless of what they feel the definition of social welfare may be.
    Do you know for a fact that the conservative groups were "legit" and the liberal ones weren't?

    Do you know if simply scanning the apps based on "suspect"names didn't reveal further "red flags" and THATS why it took longer than it did for liberal groups with "suspect" names.

    No, you don't.

    I think we need to close the 501(c)(4), loophole. Pare it back to cycling clubs being able to advocate for new bike lanes and not political campaigns and solve the problem instead of bitching about bungled attempts to cope with the ****ed up way it is now.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  5. #305
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    More straw! The argument at hand is whether baggers and progressive groups are being scrutinized over their tax status.

    NEWS FLASH: Both are.

    If you believe Media Matters is not within their proper status, report them.

    I never said anything about any bagger group being in violation of their status.

    You NEVER THINK YOUR COMMENTS TOWARDS ME THROUGH!

    FFS!
    Ive thought it through.

    Media Matters advocates the political point of view and educates based upon that view. If a Tea Party group does the same thing, why were they treated differently under the law?

    THAT is my point. Not that Media Matters should be investigated but that the Tea Party groups should not have been. You cannot say Media Matters is fine but Tea Party groups are not. Both are ok or both are not.

  6. #306
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    More straw! The argument at hand is whether baggers and progressive groups are being scrutinized over their tax status.
    No, the argument at hand isn't over whether conservative groups and bed-wetting liberal groups were scrutinized. It is over whether or not they were scrutinized EQUALLY. This to me is a moot point, anyway because NEITHER should have been filing 501c4 in the first place.

    Information laundering is where, if anywhere, there is a scandal here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  7. #307
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Do you know for a fact that the conservative groups were "legit" and the liberal ones weren't?

    Do you know if simply scanning the apps based on "suspect"names didn't reveal further "red flags" and THATS why it took longer than it did for liberal groups with "suspect" names.

    No, you don't.

    I think we need to close the 501(c)(4), loophole. Pare it back to cycling clubs being able to advocate for new bike lanes and not political campaigns and solve the problem instead of bitching about bungled attempts to cope with the ****ed up way it is now.
    No I dont. What I do know is according to the IG report conservative groups were flagged according to code words rather than overt political activity like endorsing candidates. Dude. Liberal groups were not sent to the DC determination unit, they were getting approved, they were able to be approved by line employees. That was not true of conservative groups. A grand total of 4 groups were approved between 2010 and 2012. You really want to stretch credibility by calling it "red flags"?

  8. #308
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,454
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    No I dont. What I do know is according to the IG report conservative groups were flagged according to code words rather than overt political activity like endorsing candidates. Dude. Liberal groups were not sent to the DC determination unit, they were getting approved, they were able to be approved by line employees. That was not true of conservative groups. A grand total of 4 groups were approved between 2010 and 2012. You really want to stretch credibility by calling it "red flags"?
    Still doesn't change the fact that they were free to operate until approved.

    Nor the fact that CU was VERY unpopular among dem voters at the time and THAT may be why it looks like no dem groups were involved is because they weren't. That they considered the risk of being associated with unlimited anonymous donations to high to risk it. (Sticking with already approved groups. I'm not claiming their hands are clean on this, just that they were avoiding bad "optics" out of pure self interest).
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    This is the real scandal. Apparently George, a GOP opereative appointed by Bush, and Issa worked on this thing together to produce a bogus report.

    IRS Inspector General, Darrell Issa Communicated Multiple Times In 2012


    J. Russell George, a Treasury Department inspector general, testified Tuesday to the Senate Finance Committee that his department was in touch with Issa's office several times in 2012 and this year regarding its IRS investigation.

  10. #310
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,791

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Still doesn't change the fact that they were free to operate until approved.

    Nor the fact that CU was VERY unpopular among dem voters at the time and THAT may be why it looks like no dem groups were involved is because they weren't. That they considered the risk of being associated with unlimited anonymous donations to high to risk it. (Sticking with already approved groups. I'm not claiming their hands are clean on this, just that they were avoiding bad "optics" out of pure self interest).
    "Free" to operate under IRS scrutiny. Which for most of the country doesnt really mean free. It means watched and be ready to have your life turned inside out. Proper procedure would have been to approve or not approve within 120 days and allow appeals for those not approved and examine political activity of applications in the future that show for red flags.

    I have said repeatedly, Im perfectly willing to let liberal or conservative groups slide some and approve some that shouldnt than have the IRS do what they did---abuse its power, whether it was accidental or intentional. Government should err on the side of caution when it comes to possible abuse of power.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •