Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #261
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed



    Awwww... it looks like yet another phoney outrage and manufactured story to make the Democrats (particularly Obama) look bad, unprofessional, deceitful and evil has gone up in smoke. Will Issa eat a whole ****ing humble pie for himself, or will he still pretend (like those who suffer from tinfoilasitis), that the big bad IRS -- no matter the evidence -- IS still after the poor and victimized widdle wight wingers? So many here were duped big time and it seems to be a common occurrence in this days of misinformation. So, to those who fell hook line and sinker... how does this new information make you feel and how will you approach the next "scandal"? I am seriously curious.

    Funny thing, there are some major concrete things to be upset with the Obama Administration, including the fact that they have done pretty much nothing to change the regulations of the banking industry... an industry that almost collapsed the American economy. Amazing that it seems few are angry about this, yet get a boner with incredibly stupid stories like the IRS.

    IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed | The Raw Story
    ....so the "conspiracy" falls apart because the IRS goes against any politically outspoken group? I think that's even worse than before.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #262
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,796

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I see your argument is reduced to whinning about "the timing".

    Yawn, it used to be all about how put upon the con groups were.

    Next up, con groups complain about the stationary sent to them by the IRS.

    I can't wait for the next nit you pic.
    I see your argument is pedantic idiocy.

    You know as well as I do that the timing and the way it was carried out stink to high heaven.

    Whats your argument? That because groups were approved after the election it doesnt matter? Not even leftist journalists with a shred of integrity buy into that, because its not true. Doing this before the election makes it worse---not better.

    I made the mistaken assumption that using a left leaning source might mean some kind of dent in your unreasonable front of apologizing for the IRS because this story is bad for liberalism. Too bad you cant put politics above reason.

  3. #263
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,129

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Close, I am pretty sure he would be yelling at an empty chair thinking Obama is there. Leave it to republicans to finally have an issue people give a damn about which they could get traction on, and they are still yelling at imaginary chair Obama in the IRS. They know Obama was there because what office doesn't have empty chairs. On one hand you have the open and allowable spying on all of america which Obama admits to and Issa ignores, and Issa wants us to be outraged that the rich people hiding their money in hijacked tea party charity groups had to wait a little bit longer for their super special certificate of ass kissing from the conservative rep who rubber stamped all of their approvals. I would like to say Issa is stupid, but clearly he knows his voters are more concerned about a tax avoidance scam for the rich then obama spying on them because of the war on terror started under Bush. For people who hate the guy they sure as hell pick an insane time to start trusting him. We cannot trust Obama to fairly give every tea party application a stamp of approval, but it is all cool for him to record our phone calls and monitor our web activity because we might be the manchurian candidate and not ever know it. Obama cannot take our guns, but it is cool if he wants to take the gay porn collection of every conservative republican. Obama is trying to steal elections through voter fraud, but it is ok if he does it by making all of his opponents felons and terrorists through secretly spying on them and using what would normally be tossed out of court as an illegal wiretap against them in a secret trial without a jury.

    I used to think there would be a bottom to the pit of republican hypocrisy. I used to think if Obama ever did something truly detestable and wrong that the republicans would get him. I obviously was a friggen moron to think those things.
    Thanks for your long post. We certainly appreciate how you broke this up into short and succinct paragraphs to aid the reader.

    As to last point about "...if Obama ever did something truly detestable and wrong that the republicans would get him..." I think that is true. The problem is that the Cons keep trying to create the crime and hang it on the man. Obama has yet to fit the bill of doing something "truly destestable AND wrong"... at least from a "get him" perspective. Rather than try to make stuff up, while you are waiting for the "truly destestable AND wrong", perhaps come up with a vision for America... perhaps, actually do what Boehner says is the #1 issue: jobs. The Cons have no plan for jobs other than tax cuts (aka - silliness).

    As to Obama trying to steal elections through voter fraud; at least the type of voter fraud that Cons want you to believe... getting people that aren't eligible to vote to vote.... that is one of the most laughable, non-plausible indictments ever levied. Do you have any idea how many people you need in on this plan to actually effect the outcome of a national election (with sufficient certainty to actually try it)? At least 100,000 to 1 million people would have to risk jail time to vote illegally. If anyone were dumb enough to actually propose such lunacy; certainly smarter people would shoot it down because getting 100,000 people to keep their mouth shut.... well impossible.

    The way you steal elections through voter fraud is the way the Cons do it: by suppressing the vote with voter ID laws and placing insufficient voting machines in unfavorable districts. The other way to do it is to mess with the tabulation systems (computer hacking)... Sorry, but the idea that national election outcomes are altered by registering illegal votes is a myth perpetuated by mental lightweights that do not think through thinks like that.

    As to spying on Americans, I agree that is an outrage. It should be a bi-partisan outrage levied against both parties, as the idea of the Imperial Presidency (the Executive that is above the law) seems to be something the leaders of both parties agree upon, though we should not.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 06-26-13 at 10:17 PM.

  4. #264
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    I see your argument is pedantic idiocy.

    You know as well as I do that the timing and the way it was carried out stink to high heaven.

    Whats your argument? That because groups were approved after the election it doesnt matter? Not even leftist journalists with a shred of integrity buy into that, because its not true. Doing this before the election makes it worse---not better.

    I made the mistaken assumption that using a left leaning source might mean some kind of dent in your unreasonable front of apologizing for the IRS because this story is bad for liberalism. Too bad you cant put politics above reason.
    Ive just got my panties in a bunch because of how all these small time liberal groups did not get their status established PLUS the fact that a greater number never were approved as tax exempt and this caused the Obama campaign coffers to run short on funding!!!!!!!

    whine whine whine.

    Mitten's woulda been POTUS....if the baggers had been able to get their tax exemption!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #265
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    This is a study of groups since 2010, if you have some evidence that all these con groups gained approval recently, present, back whatever point you are trying to make
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...scrutiny/?_r=0

    Again, BOLA included both con and lib groups.

    Another data point:

    In fact, the only known 501(c)(4) applicant to have its status denied happens to be a progressive group: the Maine chapter of Emerge America, which trains Democratic women to run for office. Although the group did no electoral work, and didn’t participate in independent expenditure campaign activity either, its partisan status apparently disqualified it from being categorized as working for the “common good.”

    Meet the group the IRS actually denied: Democrats! - Salon.com
    You keep ignoring the fact that leftist groups received their status approval in a matter of weeks, while conservative groups took years.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #266
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Where does it say that? Provide the quote you're referring to.
    Read it.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  7. #267
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, he didn't have all the facts since Issa deep sixed what he could. Obama should never trust any Republican. They are liars to the core. He should have assumed Issa was lying and gone from there. Indeed, he should call on an investigation of Issa's involvement with the IRS internal audit. He apparently concealed important information about conservative targeting of progressive groups.
    Obama must be pretty easily fooled by the big bad Republicans.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  8. #268
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, the GOP operatives in the Cincinnati group targeted progressive groups. Issa tried to conceal that fact, but now it's out.

    So much for the conservative narrative.
    It's entertaining **** you guys come up with.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #269
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,796

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Ive just got my panties in a bunch because of how all these small time liberal groups did not get their status established PLUS the fact that a greater number never were approved as tax exempt and this caused the Obama campaign coffers to run short on funding!!!!!!!

    whine whine whine.

    Mitten's woulda been POTUS....if the baggers had been able to get their tax exemption!!!
    Gonna make a point or troll all day?

  10. #270
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...scrutiny/?_r=0



    You keep ignoring the fact that leftist groups received their status approval in a matter of weeks, while conservative groups took years.
    Um, I did not ignore it, you are ignoring that the bird brought up the same article and was countered.

    wash, rinse, repeat....the same old same old.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •