Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #221
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Nah.

    One vote per person. No problem

    Not everybody has millions to invest in candidates. BIG problem.
    As I said, exposure of contributers is just a ploy to expose and intimidate them. That is a BIG problem. This is still America, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #222
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    And yet, you still can't quote the IRS saying they targeted groups because they were conservative






    Wrong again
    Right! There's nothing pointing to wrong doing within the IRS. I guess you think Obama as born in Kenya, too?

    WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status.

    IRS apologizes for targeting tea party groups
    Oh snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #223
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    As I said, exposure of contributers is just a ploy to expose and intimidate them. That is a BIG problem. This is still America, ya know.
    Prior to CU, getting around donation limits was a pain in the ass.

    And do you consider withholding custom intimidation?

    Do you think you should be free of the consequences of your actions?
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #224
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,542
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    Once again, the scandal involves what happened to these groups. Targeting is one issue. The other issue is not making timely determinations as to the status of the applicants. If all groups were targeted but only Tea Party groups were dumped into the "limbo" pile then it's still abuse.
    Indeed. No matter how many liberals and mainstream media types repeat the lie that progressive groups were given the same treatment it's still a lie, and it will not stand. Progressive groups were apparently "targeted" so that they could be fast tracked. Tea party groups had their applications sent to Washington to be slow walked and tied up until after the 2012 elections.

    Go on, libs. Keep saying it's all over. You'll end up looking like idiotic liars. The corruption of a government agency that's supposed to be strictly apolitical is a very serious matter that sews distrust of the whole government, and the government is all that you and your ilk have. You're setting the US to end up like Greece with yourselves as the hapless Greek political leaders.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #225
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Right! There's nothing pointing to wrong doing within the IRS. I guess you think Obama as born in Kenya, too?



    Oh snap!
    You are relying on a months old report that does not have the whole story. The fact is that political groups on both sides were scrutinized for their claims of non-partisan status for tax exempt status, groups on both sides were targeted not for their ideology...but for their claims of being non-partisan.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    Indeed. No matter how many liberals and mainstream media types repeat the lie that progressive groups were given the same treatment it's still a lie, and it will not stand. Progressive groups were apparently "targeted" so that they could be fast tracked. Tea party groups had their applications sent to Washington to be slow walked and tied up until after the 2012 elections.

    Go on, libs. Keep saying it's all over. You'll end up looking like idiotic liars. The corruption of a government agency that's supposed to be strictly apolitical is a very serious matter that sews distrust of the whole government, and the government is all that you and your ilk have. You're setting the US to end up like Greece with yourselves as the hapless Greek political leaders.
    Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I think in order to get a special council, you need some evidence that there some indication there is corruption in the WH inner circle. So far there has nothing been found. The reason Patrick Fitzgerald was put on the Valerie Plame case was because Scooter Libpy gave the FBI false (he lied) information. Evidence, evidence, evidence.
    Yea Lerner taking the 5th and the original story/excuse that the IRS gave (rogue agents) was one big lie. It's absolutely side splitting that you're advocating special council in the Plame case but are trying to spin the IRS acting like the Gestapo as "nothing to see here".

    You could care less what the truth is. You are part of the problem. Not the solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are relying on a months old report that does not have the whole story. The fact is that political groups on both sides were scrutinized for their claims of non-partisan status for tax exempt status, groups on both sides were targeted not for their ideology...but for their claims of being non-partisan.
    As has been pointed out already. Liberal groups were not targeted with the same scrutiny. Their requests were not sent to special technical groups to languish until after the election like Tea Party and religious groups were. The IG report was not an investigation which is why we need one. The IRS has already admitted they singled out Tea Party and religious groups and apologized.

  8. #228
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Link?
    See post #55 lol

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1061971085

  9. #229
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Oh, the rw NR says so, even though the one group that was denied 501 status....was a progressive group.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,881

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Oh, the rw NR says so, even though the one group that was denied 501 status....was a progressive group.
    The sections of the document provided by NR essentially show that the page dealing with "Tea Party" is from a different sort of document than the page deal with "progressive" and therefore that the two cannot be reviewed in unison as NR has done, because who knows if these names were mentioned elsewhere within the respective documents ("progressive" could be listed in the same document as "Tea Party" with the same requirement).
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •