Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #201
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    Actually, both of them say "conservative".
    Neither of them say they were targeted for being conservative.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #202
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Its really amazing that the IRS admitted what it was doing and the process they used to do it targetted conservatives and somehow you cant admit it.
    The IRS has audited people who are white. That doesn't mean it audited people because they are white
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  3. #203
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The IRS has audited people who are white. That doesn't mean it audited people because they are white
    Except they admitted they targetted conservative groups because of their political beliefs and not direct political action on the part of the groups.

    Denying this is what occurred just makes you look more partisan and either misinformed or deliberately misinforming others. Either way, you arent contributing anything credible.

  4. #204
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Except they admitted they targetted conservative groups because of their political beliefs
    They did not investigate any group because they were conservative
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #205
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, let's create a situation where contributers can be publically intimidated. That's what America's all about...right?
    Our govt works for the people who pay for election campaigns.

    I want to know who they're working for.

    You obviously want the united states of Al Qaida.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #206
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Our govt works for the people who pay for election campaigns.

    I want to know who they're working for.

    You obviously want the united states of Al Qaida.
    Let's make ballot results public, too, while we're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    As an aside, are you admitting this is in fact what they did? And are you now excusing this action?

    Just so we are clear on what you are saying.
    Bureaucrats chose questionable filtering methods, yes.

    Still doesn't change the fact that the groups were free to operate until their applications were approved.

    The only thing potentially hindered wwas anonymity.

    You obviously prefer not to know whos funding yoir politicians.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  8. #208
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They did not investigate any group because they were conservative
    The IRS flatly admitted they did so. Thanks for playing the part of the political ostrich for this thread, its been a party.

  9. #209
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,820

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Bureaucrats chose questionable filtering methods, yes.

    Still doesn't change the fact that the groups were free to operate until their applications were approved.

    The only thing potentially hindered wwas anonymity.

    You obviously prefer not to know whos funding yoir politicians.
    Actually, your side was free to have have anonymous donor lists and my side wasnt. Still want to go with the untargeted route?

    Guess what the job of the executive branch is? To oversee the bureacracy and ensure things like this dont occur. So if they cant...looks like smaller government time to me.

  10. #210
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    The IRS flatly admitted they did so. Thanks for playing the part of the political ostrich for this thread, its been a party.
    No, they did not and you can't quote the IRS saying "We targeted them because they were conservative"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •