Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    Ah such sweet fantasies are created by total ignorance of historical precedent and social anthropology.
    Funny, they probably used the exact same argument against abolishing slavery and giving women the vote.

    Suggesting that fair taxation is impossible is ignorant in the extremis.

    Our discussion on this is done for now...I do not waste my time with closed-minded people.


    Have a nice day.

  2. #172
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    WHo would have thought the IRS would target political groups who were posing as social welfare groups?

    The NERVE of them!
    Oh, so the goal posts move now, do they?

    So. Its ok to target them because they dont agree with YOUR concept of social welfare?

  3. #173
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed



    Awwww... it looks like yet another phoney outrage and manufactured story to make the Democrats (particularly Obama) look bad, unprofessional, deceitful and evil has gone up in smoke. Will Issa eat a whole ****ing humble pie for himself, or will he still pretend (like those who suffer from tinfoilasitis), that the big bad IRS -- no matter the evidence -- IS still after the poor and victimized widdle wight wingers? So many here were duped big time and it seems to be a common occurrence in this days of misinformation. So, to those who fell hook line and sinker... how does this new information make you feel and how will you approach the next "scandal"? I am seriously curious.

    Funny thing, there are some major concrete things to be upset with the Obama Administration, including the fact that they have done pretty much nothing to change the regulations of the banking industry... an industry that almost collapsed the American economy. Amazing that it seems few are angry about this, yet get a boner with incredibly stupid stories like the IRS.

    IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed | The Raw Story
    Not sure they should be targeting anyone.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #174
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Oh, so the goal posts move now, do they?

    So. Its ok to target them because they dont agree with YOUR concept of social welfare?
    It's not "my* concept of social welfare.

    And only the right wingers seem to think that campaigning for a specific candidate is "social welfare"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #175
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,765
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's not "my* concept of social welfare.

    And only the right wingers seem to think that campaigning for a specific candidate is "social welfare"
    Yup. Right wingers like those mad caps at MoveOn.org.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #176
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's not "my* concept of social welfare.

    And only the right wingers seem to think that campaigning for a specific candidate is "social welfare"
    That is not what it says. Ill post again for those that cant or dont want to read the information, direct from the IGs report:

    The IRS used inappropriate criteria that identified for review Tea Party and other organizations applying for tax-exempt status based upon their names or policy positions instead of indications of potential political campaign intervention," according to the report.
    They were targeted for policy positions. Social welfare can and does consist of educating the public of policy positions. Just because the administration or individual personnel in the IRS disagree with that position doesnt mean they get to use their power to question their tax status. Those goalposts are movin all over the place.

  7. #177
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    That is not what it says. Ill post again for those that cant or dont want to read the information, direct from the IGs report:



    They were targeted for policy positions. Social welfare can and does consist of educating the public of policy positions. Just because the administration or individual personnel in the IRS disagree with that position doesnt mean they get to use their power to question their tax status. Those goalposts are movin all over the place.
    Because they believed their policy positions indicated that they weren't primarily focused on social welfare. It was inappropriate. It was wrong.

    But that's not the same as "they were targeted because they were right wing" nor does it mean "the administration or individuals in the IRS disagreed with that position". The fact is, the guy in charge was a self-described "conservative republican". He probably agreed with those positions.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #178
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Because they believed their policy positions indicated that they weren't primarily focused on social welfare. It was inappropriate. It was wrong.

    But that's not the same as "they were targeted because they were right wing" nor does it mean "the administration or individuals in the IRS disagreed with that position". The fact is, the guy in charge was a self-described "conservative republican". He probably agreed with those positions.
    Ahhh but he didnt make the criteria, the invasive questioning or the stalling tactics in DC in the determinations unit.

    Some of us would like to know who did.

  9. #179
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by OpportunityCost View Post
    Ahhh but he didnt make the criteria, the invasive questioning or the stalling tactics in DC in the determinations unit.

    Some of us would like to know who did.
    Obviously, it was Obama!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #180
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,719

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Obviously, it was Obama!
    Strawman rejected. I did not say that.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •