Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 313

Thread: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

  1. #121
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Facts are what matter to me. And it's a fact that progressive group were targeted, as well. This was no witch hunt and I cannot understand why many of you refuse to face reality and move on.
    It's a fact that the IRS admitted to wrongfully targeting conservative groups. Why did they do that, do you suppose?
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 02:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    According to the House Rules, Rule X, section (j)(1):



    Issa can not run the committee like a dictator. The minority on a committee can (and generally does) select, interview, and present witnesses. In this particular matter, for whatever reason, they have not. The reason they have not yet presented a witness to directly refute claims of impropriety or "targeting" is unknown but they are not prevented from doing so.


    http://clerk.house.gov/legislative/house-rules.pdf
    Issa has had control of the documents starting from his interference with the internal IRS investigation. And he refuses to release transcripts of interviews, presumably because the include bad facts.

    Keep dancing for the GOP. It's mildly amusing.

  3. #123
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,349

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    It's a fact that the IRS admitted to wrongfully targeting conservative groups. Why did they do that, do you suppose?
    That's not true

    They admitted to using inappropriate criteria.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #124
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The facts are out and you are either confused are purposely lying

    The IRS did not target 500 Progressive/Atheist Groups and send all their applications to a special task force that held up all their requests for months upon months until after the election. You're just bleeting the big lie and smokescreen that your puppet masters in the Obama regime and the MSM want you to believe. What's sad is that they play you like a fool for free. Other posters here that shamelessly shill and lie for Obama probably get paid to do it.



    Even if your flimsy premise is true (it isn't) how does that not make what the IRS did a "witchhunt". So because they apparently targeted everyone that makes it acceptable? WTF is wrong with you people?



    No apparently you think Obama can wield the IRS and NSA like a Fascist dictator however
    There is no credible evidence that shows the Obama administration is anywhere involved with this "scandal." All it evidence seems to point to the fact that the IRS is extremely incompetent, especially when they started to get increased request for 501c4 nonprofit after the Citizens United decision in Jan 2010. Despite the lack of evidence, Rep Darrell Issa has been saying Obama is involved.

  5. #125
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    03-28-18 @ 07:32 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,817

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There is no credible evidence that shows the Obama administration is anywhere involved with this "scandal." All it evidence seems to point to the fact that the IRS is extremely incompetent, especially when they started to get increased request for 501c4 nonprofit after the Citizens United decision in Jan 2010. Despite the lack of evidence, Rep Darrell Issa has been saying Obama is involved.
    The IRS, since Obama's first inauguration, is a part of the Obama administration. They cannot be separated.

    The question is: Does this mean they were directed to do this, or does this mean they did it on their own to try and please?
    Roy L. Fuchs: I'll tell you something. This country is going to the dogs.
    You know, it used to be when you bought a politician, that son of a bitch stayed bought.

  6. #126
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    so let me get this straight... when it comes out the the IRS is inappropriately targeting conservative groups, liberals aren't outraged at all.
    when it comes out "progressive" groups were also targeted Liberals still aren't outraged.


    it amazes me, sometimes, what people will defend when their team is in charge... it's stunning, actually.

  7. #127
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 02:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    The IRS, since Obama's first inauguration, is a part of the Obama administration. They cannot be separated.

    The question is: Does this mean they were directed to do this, or does this mean they did it on their own to try and please?
    As I said, they were incompetent, they simply didn't know how to handle all the requests they were getting.

  8. #128
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's not true

    They admitted to using inappropriate criteria.
    IRS admits targeting conservatives for tax scrutiny in 2012 election - Washington Post

    Wrong.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #129
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,349

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    Your link does not contain a quote from the IRS admitting they targeted anyone

    You fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #130
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    06-19-18 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,386

    Re: IRS conspiracies fall apart as BOLO list targeting ‘progressive’ groups revealed

    The OP simply indicates that some groups with what some people consider "liberal" descriptors were on the IRS BOLO list - it does not indicate for what reason.

    "Be On the Look Out" does not necessarily imply that such groups were then given a hard time in their application process - it could, just as logically, mean that they were flagged so that higher-ups could smooth the way for a faster approval process - to green-light the application without delay.

    I've seen evidence to indicate that the groups on the right were targeted, their applications pulled and scrutinized, their applications held while further more intrusive and personal information and large volumes of detail was required, and evidence that some people who fronted the applications actually had their business and/or personal tax files audited. I've seen no evidence to indicate that any of the groups supposedly on the left received the same or similar treatment. If those on the left carrying Obama's water have such evidence, why don't you present it?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •