Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 487

Thread: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

  1. #81
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    There isn't a double standard when the words exist in completely different contexts. A "double standard" is when two situations that are the same are treated differently. "Nigger" and "honkey" are not the same. As far as using either at work, I don't using any slurs at work is appropriate.
    This is where the thought police fail.

    Honkey is a racial slur. It oughts be just as unacceptable to the PC Nazis as nigger is. But, alas, it isn't, hence the idiocy that exists among the ranks of the PC Nazis.

    Why don't you just be honest and say that you only want to rid our society of racism against blacks and that racism against everyone else is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Depends on if the food is worth a damn, or not. If there's a 300 lbs. black woman, with a Cajun accent, in the kitchen whippin' up sauce pecan', gumbo and rice dressing (w/o liver), then I'll be standing in line to get into the Ku Klux Klown Steakhouse.



    Too much uptightness in today's society. It's the PC crowd that give authority to the Ku Klux Klowns and their spinoff orginizations.
    No its people who support them by buying their products m

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    No its people who support them by buying their products m
    Buying a product isn't the same as supporting an agenda.

    Miller Brewing Co. has given monetary support to gay pride events. A few years ago, several friends of mine who were dedicated Miller Lite drinkers, switched beers because of it. Equally idiotic. Yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    No. Apples and oranges are both fruits and they are not the same. British and American are nationalities and they are not the same. "Eat" and "drink" are both verbs and they are not the same. "Stupid" and "ugly" are both considered insults and they are not the same. Jaguar and Ford are both car companies and they are not the same. Tables and seats are both types of furniture and they are not the same.

    Just because two things belong to the same category does not make them the same. "Nigger" and "honkey" are both slurs and they are not the same. They never will be. Ever. When you integrate meaning and context into your life, you will get that.
    The only difference between the two is which race it is applied to. Otherwise they are the same in today's context. I know I know, you think that just because one is applied to blacks and another to whites that makes them different. Well, they are not. They are both disparaging words in which they should either both be allowed by all parties or should be banned from all parties. If one is allowed while the other is banned then all that you are doing is showing that it is OK for one side to be racist while the other side cannot be. That in itself is racist. There is no degrees of racism. A subject either IS racism, or its not. A person either is a racist or they are not. There is no black and white. I know many people claim that there is but they are either lying to themselves or lying to everyone else.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #85
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    The only difference between the two is which race it is applied to. Otherwise they are the same in today's context.
    No, they are not the same in "today's context." Regardless, historical context still exists. It doesn't stop existing just because it is inconvenient for you.

    I know I know, you think that just because one is applied to blacks and another to whites that makes them different. Well, they are not.
    Actually, that literally makes them different because it demonstrates that the words have different meanings and different targets. What you just said amounts to saying, "they're different, but they're not different." LOL

    They are both disparaging words in which they should either both be allowed by all parties or should be banned from all parties.
    According to who? You? Your opinion is meaningless to me.

    If one is allowed while the other is banned then all that you are doing is showing that it is OK for one side to be racist while the other side cannot be. That in itself is racist.
    Nobody said anything about banning anything.

    There is no degrees of racism.
    Actually, there are. Is there a reason why you've ensured that all of your arguments are void of truth?

    A subject either IS racism, or its not. A person either is a racist or they are not. There is no black and white. I know many people claim that there is but they are either lying to themselves or lying to everyone else.
    Wait, you just wrote out of list of things that are in black and white and then you say "there is no black and white"? O.

  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Buying a product isn't the same as supporting an agenda.

    Miller Brewing Co. has given monetary support to gay pride events. A few years ago, several friends of mine who were dedicated Miller Lite drinkers, switched beers because of it. Equally idiotic. Yes?
    It's idiotic they were drinking Miller Lite in the first place
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #87
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    It's idiotic they were drinking Miller Lite in the first place
    Agreed, but to stop drinking it because Miller supports gay events is stupid, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #88
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Buying a product isn't the same as supporting an agenda.

    Miller Brewing Co. has given monetary support to gay pride events. A few years ago, several friends of mine who were dedicated Miller Lite drinkers, switched beers because of it. Equally idiotic. Yes?
    Not really. Businesses are stupid to get involved in political ideology in any way whatsoever. It is always bad for business because it always angers somebody. A smart business wants as many people as possible to be customers. There is no future for a business in angering people by supporting political ideologies. I have suppliers whose politics are anathema to me. Nevertheless I buy their products and resell them profitably to people of every political persuasion. Business is business.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,241

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Here's his quote again for reference...



    That statement says he wouldn't buy a cook book endorsed by the KKK just because they make good steaks, not that they wrote the cook book or he'd eat their steaks. You really don't understand it do you?


    My sister and her husband say racist comments all the time and I haven't disowned them. I can't help what others think or say and if I ignored everyone that said something ignorant I'd be very lonely. Self righteousness indeed.

    so you just stand around and let people make racist comments and say nothing? How very noble of you lol. You can't help what people say but you dont have to encourage them or embolden them to keep saying it, especially if that said something is making money from her image.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  10. #90
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    My wife watches those cooking shows, I usually just ignore them and post on a froum or something while they are on. Since the first time I seen her I found her repulsive, it seems to me her acccent is even a bit hokey. She just sounds really really dumb. And I usually like southern women.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •