Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 487

Thread: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,252

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    I think you all have to take a step back and think if a clip, quote, written word ever surfaced with you saying the N word and your company found would they fire you? The answer of course is yes.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #432
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, minorities and working people recognize that Democratic policies are good for their community and conservative policies aren't, so I expect they are more forgiving toward Democrats. Deal with it.
    Why is it that minorities are still in the grips of higher rates of poverty and unemployment is the democrats are so concerned about their well being?

  3. #433
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Please show me the post where you claim; "you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of Deen's racist comments"_
    That is easy, right here:

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    "Paula Deen Fired"

    Political Correctness strikes yet again!

    When are good people going to stand up and say Enough Is Enough and put an end to this racial injustice?!
    ************************************************** *********************************************


    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Please show me the post where you claim; "you stated your two faced double standard"
    Um, the posts where you stated a two faced double standard are within this thread, the first part of the double standard is the above quote where you complained that "PC strikes again" because she had been fired for her racist comments, those who complained, we who are "pc", WERE being intolerant of her racist comments.

    You then said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    Which is, racial harmony will only be realized when society becomes intolerant of all racists, regardless of color
    So again, which is it? Should we be "intolerant of all racists, regardless of color" or are we going to get labeled as being "pc" when we complain about Deen's racism?

    Are you capable of acknowledging your contradictory, two faced, double standard contained within this thread.....or are you going to continue to deny it, ignore it, play dumb........?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #434
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    10-24-13 @ 02:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    913

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    I think you all have to take a step back and think if a clip, quote, written word ever surfaced with you saying the N word and your company found would they fire you? The answer of course is yes.
    I think that's part of the problem though, especially when you consider the context it was uttered in.

  5. #435
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NC
    Last Seen
    09-04-15 @ 01:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    420

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, minorities and working people recognize that Democratic policies are good for their community and conservative policies aren't, so I expect they are more forgiving toward Democrats. Deal with it.
    where do you get the idea that all working people think demcoratic policies are good and conservative bad?.......do you actually think conseravitves dont work?

  6. #436
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,628

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, the book has been published and the first link I posted says her publisher is still with her. Her newest book just went from the 1500s to number one on the best seller list.
    I didn't think it had been published, so you were incorrect, clownboy. Also, even though it was number 1 on the best seller list for preorders, she has been dropped anyway. She'll have to find another publisher. Maybe she can get some ideas from the fine folks over at Stormfront.org?

    Paula Deen’s #1 Amazon Best-Selling Book Dropped By Publisher Months Before Release | Mediaite

  7. #437
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Why is it that minorities are still in the grips of higher rates of poverty and unemployment is the democrats are so concerned about their well being?
    This isn't even an English sentence.

    But I sense you're trying to say something like hospitals kill people because so many sick people die in them. Typical weirdo tea party logic.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by fishinRod View Post
    where do you get the idea that all working people think demcoratic policies are good and conservative bad?.......do you actually think conseravitves dont work?
    The empirical facts, something that tea partiers eschew as vampires eschew holy water.

    But if you don't know what "working people" means in a political context, I can't help you. Too much remedial catch-up required.

  9. #439
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    This isn't even an English sentence.

    But I sense you're trying to say something like hospitals kill people because so many sick people die in them. Typical weirdo tea party logic.
    do you have the official tea party membership records?

    becuase according to you 99.9 % of the members of the forum here, are tea party members

  10. #440
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    do you have the official tea party membership records?

    becuase according to you 99.9 % of the members of the forum here, are tea party members
    Yep, NSA gave me a list.

    But the tea party is more than a party, it's a defective way of thinking, a paranoid lifestyle, a fear of modernity, an apotheosis of knownothingism. And you're soaking in it, Ernst.

Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •