Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 487

Thread: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Maybe it had more to do with him being a democrat.
    Yeah, minorities and working people recognize that Democratic policies are good for their community and conservative policies aren't, so I expect they are more forgiving toward Democrats. Deal with it.

  2. #422
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    True, but if you live by celebrity you die by it.
    That was exactly my point.

  3. #423
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,641

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    QVC is stepping back now, as well.

    Paula Deen -- QVC Folds ... Drops Deen| TMZ.com

  4. #424
    Educator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 10:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    675

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Yeah, minorities and working people recognize that Democratic policies are good for their community and conservative policies aren't, so I expect they are more forgiving toward Democrats. Deal with it.
    Democrats have given us the largest deficit in history...how is that good for minorities? Deal with that. Exactly which conservative policies are not good for the 'community'?

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by hfd View Post
    Democrats have given us the largest deficit in history...how is that good for minorities? Deal with that. Exactly which conservative policies are not good for the 'community'?
    Keep dancing. Clearly your own prior post shows that minorities and working people aren't buying your conservative snakeoil.

  6. #426
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    That was exactly my point.
    Well, you seemed slightly regretful about the fact. I don't feel too sorry for Deen. She's a millionaire.

  7. #427
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Well, you seemed slightly regretful about the fact. I don't feel too sorry for Deen. She's a millionaire.
    nah, she's a hard person to have much sympathy for

  8. #428
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I am entirely responding to the content of your "opinion", how it is full of contradiction and doulble talk. No where am I "defending" minorities, I am attacking your position that the issue is not Deen but our reaction to Deen and racism by blacks.
    The only problem with your complaint is that;

    I never stated a position on your reaction to Deen!

    I did however state an opinion about your reaction to "black racism"

    You fail to address your double standard that we should be intolerant of ALL racism
    I never addressed "my double standard" because I don't have one_

    Which I thought was made very clear in the post in question_

    while you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of her racist comments.
    I suggested you were being PC because IMO you attacked me over what I said about "black racism"_

    It is just a mixed up, contradictory "opinion" that you can't face up to.
    The only hope of unscrewing your mind is to study the posts in question which I graciously provided you below_

    Erod said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Meanwhile, black people can say pretty much what they damn well please about any race, and nary a word is said about it. On the whole, the black community is by far the most racist group of people in the U.S.
    I responded with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    America's black racists are empowered by white guilt making their brand of racism socially acceptable_

    End white guilt and black racism will cease to be tolerated by society, which will help to heal the hate_
    Wow, all this hoopla over a simple little post!
    Anybody would think I ate the last popsicle!
    If you still don't see it then Big Whoopeedo believe whatever you like__Lillo-me'll survive it somehow!
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  9. #429
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    The only problem with your complaint is that;

    I never stated a position on your reaction to Deen!
    What a stupid straw man, I never said YOU DID. I was criticizing your double standard response to Erod.

    FFS.

    I did however state an opinion about your reaction to "black racism"
    Yes, where you stated your two faced double standard.

    I never addressed "my double standard" because I don't have one
    Of course you do, you say we should be intolerant of ALL racism
    while you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of Deen's racist comments.

    Which I thought was made very clear in the post in question
    Avoiding the point that I made is not "making a thing clear".


    I suggested you were being PC because IMO you attacked me over what I said about "black racism"
    You are just repeating your incomplete understanding once again. You know what they say about making the same mistake over and over...

    The only hope of unscrewing your mind is to study the posts in question which I graciously provided you below
    I know what Erod said, that doesn't change the fact that your responses are two faced double standards, that we should be intolerant of ALL racism while you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of Deen's racist comments.

    If you still don't see it then Big Whoopeedo believe whatever you like__Lillo-me'll survive it somehow!
    It is not a matter of belief, it is evident in your posts and you still refuse to accept your own words.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  10. #430
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What a stupid straw man, I never said YOU DID. I was criticizing your double standard response to Erod.
    We have quite a dilemma here Gimme__You say I did and I say I didn't_

    The only way to resolve this is for you to show me exactly where I said what you claim I said_

    You can do this by quoting my post and high-liting the words which contains your evidence against me_

    Let's begin:

    FFS.

    Yes, where you stated your two faced double standard.
    Please show me the post where you claim; "you stated your two faced double standard"

    Of course you do, you say we should be intolerant of ALL racism
    while you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of Deen's racist comments.

    Avoiding the point that I made is not "making a thing clear".


    You are just repeating your incomplete understanding once again. You know what they say about making the same mistake over and over...

    I know what Erod said, that doesn't change the fact that your responses are two faced double standards, that we should be intolerant of ALL racism while you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of Deen's racist comments.
    Please show me the post where you claim; "you complain that we are "pc" when we are intolerant of Deen's racist comments"_

    It is not a matter of belief, it is evident in your posts and you still refuse to accept your own words.
    I will make to you this promise Gimmesometruth;

    If you can show me where I said the things that you believe I said, I will accept them as my own words_

    If you cannot show me without twisting meanings and word games, then you promise to admit you're wrong_

    I'm sure you'll find you made a mistake which anybody can do but if you ride it out that makes your mistake a lie_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •