Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 487

Thread: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

  1. #361
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    do you have any proof that Deen's business has skyrocketed and that she's now doing better than ever?
    Sure, start here. And if you look around B listers everywhere are starting to come out to defend her. There are folks who think she's a cooking goddess and this isn't going to get them to back away.

    Any sponsors she loses will either return when the heat dies down or will be replaced by others.

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Meanwhile, black people can say pretty much what they damn well please about any race, and nary a word is said about it. On the whole, the black community is by far the most racist group of people in the U.S.
    Meanwhile adults know that what other people do doesnt make what we do ok.

  3. #363
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Sure, start here. And if you look around B listers everywhere are starting to come out to defend her. There are folks who think she's a cooking goddess and this isn't going to get them to back away.

    Any sponsors she loses will either return when the heat dies down or will be replaced by others.
    Paula Deen is finished as a bankable personality. It doesn’t appear that anyone will stand behind her now. Her video apologies seemed stage and were unpersuasive. There is nothing more she likely can do in terms of salvaging her career,” crisis communications expert Gene Grabowski of Levick Strategic Communications told FOX411 Pop Tarts column. “Most important of all, there are plenty of other younger and more attractive personalities among chefs and foodies that the cable networks can find, cultivate, and promote to take her place.”

    Read more: Some companies flee Paula Deen, but cruise line doubles down | Fox News

    I'm trying to find where what you claimed is supported by your link.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #364
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Meanwhile, black people can say pretty much what they damn well please about any race, and nary a word is said about it. On the whole, the black community is by far the most racist group of people in the U.S.
    America's black racists are empowered by white guilt making their brand of racism socially acceptable_

    End white guilt and black racism will cease to be tolerated by society, which will help to heal the hate_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Paula Deen says nigger, she loses her business. Chris Rock says nigger, his show sells out.

    America.

  6. #366
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Empirica View Post
    America's black racists are empowered by white guilt making their brand of racism socially acceptable_

    End white guilt and black racism will cease to be tolerated by society, which will help to heal the hate_
    Sure, just like WHITE RACISM is empowered by BLACK GUILT.

    If BLACKS would just let their GUILT go, then WHITE RACISM would disappear.

    If JEWS would let go of their GUILT, then NAZISM would disappear......MAGIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #367
    Professor
    Un biased's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    05-30-16 @ 10:41 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,642

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    I think the problem is how old Paula is racism in her time especially in the south the N word was not a like a greeting but a negative term to people of color . If she was a young hip woman she may have gotten away with it , but alas she is not and she didn't even say it sarcastically what a shame she inspired my stepmother to make terrible food .

  8. #368
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,915

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Never saw her show, only a ham commercial that grated on my nerves. She appears to have invited criticism, and I think on some level, this is very entertaining for a lot of folks. Hope it blows over soon and is followed by the "redemptive" phase.

  9. #369
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Black people call each other niggers too..so what's the difference..

    The word ''Nigger'' derived from Italian meaning black..

    I have been called a ''honkey''..I would report it but I have no idea what it means..the same as ''blud claart''..Raas claas..

    i cannot take offence..

    Came from the Niger River area where most slaves came from.

    Now called Nigeria


    http://histclo.com/country/afr/niger/eco/ne-slave.html
    Last edited by yobarnacle; 06-26-13 at 10:39 PM.
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  10. #370
    Transcend~
    Empirica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Lost at Sea
    Last Seen
    11-24-17 @ 07:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,662

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Sure, just like WHITE RACISM is empowered by BLACK GUILT.

    If BLACKS would just let their GUILT go, then WHITE RACISM would disappear.

    If JEWS would let go of their GUILT, then NAZISM would disappear......MAGIC!
    You seem to have either missed or ignored the gist of the dilemma we were discussing Gimme_

    Which is, racial harmony will only be realized when society becomes intolerant of all racists, regardless of color_

    You don't appear to have reached that level of intolerance quite yet but don't feel bad, you're certainly not alone_
    When a crime is ignored ~ it becomes flagrant;
    When a crime is rewarded ~ it becomes epidemic:

    No Amnesty No Exception

Page 37 of 49 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •