Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 487

Thread: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

  1. #311
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    I thought the non renewal of her contract is due to a hostile work environment. Is it really because of the N word 20 years ago?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #312
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Additionally, there is NO word in the English language (or any other that I am aware of) that offends me in the slightest.

    The intent that they are used is another matter.


    And if others are so ridiculously touchy that the mere hearing of a word, even when spoken without the slightest intention of ill will, offends them; then tough...get over it.

    Bothers them - I get that.

    But offends them - that's too thin-skinned.

    Especially when 'blacks' I know/knew use/used the 'n' word semi-constantly without it seeming to bother them in the slightest. They often laugh when it's spoken.

    Sorry, no double standards because I have less melanin then them.

    If they can say it - so can I...period.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-25-13 at 08:39 AM.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Additionally, there is NO word in the English language (or any other that I am aware of) that offends me in the slightest.

    The intent that they are used is another matter.


    And if others are so ridiculously touchy that the mere hearing of a word, even when spoken without the slightest intention of ill will, offends them; then tough...get over it.

    Bothers them - I get that.

    But offends them - that's too thin-skinned.

    Especially when 'blacks' I know/knew use/used the 'n' word semi-constantly without it seeming to bother them in the slightest. They often laugh when it's spoken.

    Sorry, no double standards because I have less melanin then them.

    If they can say it - so can I...period.
    Let's do an experiment.

    Use the word proudly today and see how many thin skinned people get offended.

    Do it as a real person in real life not someone hiding behind a screen and fake name.

  4. #314
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Let's do an experiment.

    Use the word proudly today and see how many thin skinned people get offended.

    Do it as a real person in real life not someone hiding behind a screen and fake name.
    Don't be ridiculous - you knew exactly what I meant or you are pretty ignorant.

    I never said I would - I said if they can, so can I.

    If they are allowed to - so should I be allowed to...duh.

    Why on Earth would I want to?

    Use that mushy thing in your head more often.


    My point is that words being restricted to persons strictly on the melanin content of their skin is wrong.


    Did you understand that - or do need that further explained as well Capt Estrogen? Sorry - captainawesome.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-25-13 at 09:01 AM.

  5. #315
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,852

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
    I don't know if SHE'S done any bitching, but there's plenty going on on her behalf. Seriously, who cares, FN didn't renew Paula Deen's contract because they don't want her representing them. That's what it boils down to.

    It's funny how some people on some threads will say that an employer should be able to fire an employee at will, that they can pick and choose their employees, yet sometimes they seem confused by their own ideologies. Not you per se, but just some people.
    One trend on FN that I have noticed over the last several years is an obvious attempt by ownership to expand the audience to the minority viewer. They have added several shows with African American or minority hosts and are working hard to change the demographic beyond the white suburban foodie.

    I wonder if this played a role in the decision to no longer employ Deen?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #316
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Don't be ridiculous - you knew exactly what I meant or you are pretty ignorant.

    I never said I would - I said if they can, so can I.

    If they are allowed to - so should I be allowed to...duh.


    My point is that words being restricted to persons strictly on the melanin content of their skin is wrong.

    Did you understand that - or do need that further explained as well Capt Estrogen?
    I understand you talk big, but can't walk big.

  7. #317
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    I understand you talk big, but can't walk big.
    So your idea of walking big is running around using a word that offends people, that I have ZERO reason to use nor do I even agree with?

    Noted.

    What's your next brilliant dare - going up to women and calling them sluts?

    Or huge men and calling them spineless wimps?

    Or police officers and calling them pigs?




    Have a nice day Capt. Estrogen.

    sorry -er - captainawesome.
    Last edited by DA60; 06-25-13 at 09:12 AM.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,940

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    When instance like this one pop up we need to keep in mind the people that do the show cancelling and firing are not doing it because they good, decent people. They do it for ratings. Odd that you never hear them admit that fact. Why not take a head count of the ratio of blacks to whites on the holy Food Network? So what if she said the nigger word and isnt using the phrase "The N word" the same as saying "nigger". Isn't it the intent of the user? If I called your mother a slut would it be different if i called the S word? We are a stupid society trying ever so desperately to try to cover up some truths about ourselves. We have labels for every type of person born in to this world. Ask a black person how many whites use the word nigger.

    Boycott The Food Network Channel
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  9. #319
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,160

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    It could be argued that Hillarys callous disregard for Arabs in her Middle East policy of exterminating civillians on a massive scale in Libya and Syria is similar to Nazis blatant human rights violations, which viewed other races as inferior and inconsequential.

    Don't forget - Hillary did vote and support the war in Iraq.
    This thread is about Paula Deen. Try to pay attention.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #320
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,160

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    I thought the non renewal of her contract is due to a hostile work environment. Is it really because of the N word 20 years ago?
    This was probably just a convenient excuse. Her star power's been flagging and Food Network had already moved in a different direction.

    Or it's just about the PC police being out to get Conservatives. I haven't decided which yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •