Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 487

Thread: Paula Deen Fired[W:223]

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    the situations are not really similar, at all. Also, if your attempt is to point out hypocrisy in his/her position, that does nothing to address the logic in Smeogal's original post
    The situations are nearly identical. The Duplicity is the issue.

  2. #162
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Dean got fired for non work behavior. Many on the right are upset.
    1) On what basis are you defining smeogal as being "on the right" from his/her past postings I would see him more of a moderate middle grounder

    2) seemed he was pretty clear he didn't personally approve of the policy.

    3) they are rather different. For one, the catholic policy you cited deals with current behavior. Smeagol cited something from 20 years ago

    4) I can think the move is beyond dumb, while acknowleding they were fully within their rights

    A teacher got fired for non work behavior many on the right were over joyed.
    Was that even a position smeagol held? Don't you think you should actually establish that before demanding accountability here?

    Duplicity.
    it's an argument that lacks logic and fact.

  3. #163
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    How is it actually unfair for people not to care for her for being a racist jerk? She admits to using racial terms, and she is not completely brain dead so she would have to know that term was offensive. I will leave it to the people who were offended by the use of the word to decide to forgive her. I am not going to leave it up to some white guy on the internet as you probably were not directly insulted by the behavior. Really, what is for you to forgive? How nice of you to decide for the people who were offended that they should not be.

    Oh, and having consequences for using fowl language is not even close to persecution. How clueless is that statement? You can control what comes out of your mouth, but the people she is referring to cannot control how they were born. Persecution is things like being property of others, being denied education, being denied employment, being denied voting in a democracy, and even suffering things like lower wages for the same work. Being told not to use the N word in pleasant or professional conversation is not even close to persecution. It is not a requirement for being a white southern lady to say the N word. You have no clue what real persecution is, and you look quite silly for even trying to claim not being allowed to say the N word is even close to real persecution.
    You don't know anything about me or what I know about persecution, which pretty much invalidates a majority of your opinion. Learn how to articulate a better argument and add some veracity to your statements if you really expect an intelligent debate, instead of your unimpressive, sanctimonious tirade.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #164
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    The situations are nearly identical.
    No, really, they are not. One deals with current behavior, while under employment, the other deals with something long prior to employment. Second, pointing out smeagol is a hypocrite, something you didn't even accomplish, would address smeogals character, not his logic.

    I suggest familiarizing yourself with the logical fallacies

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) On what basis are you defining smeogal as being "on the right" from his/her past postings I would see him more of a moderate middle grounder

    2) seemed he was pretty clear he didn't personally approve of the policy.

    3) they are rather different. For one, the catholic policy you cited deals with current behavior. Smeagol cited something from 20 years ago

    4) I can think the move is beyond dumb, while acknowleding they were fully within their rights



    Was that even a position smeagol held? Don't you think you should actually establish that before demanding accountability here?



    it's an argument that lacks logic and fact.
    Those are the two cases that get responses here.

    The right like when gays get fired or a single mother, but get fired for using racist language and they cry foul.

    That is duplicitous.

  6. #166
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    So it is ok for the Catholic church, but not Food Network?

    I think this is where people lose the right wing. Duplicity.

    I have no idea what you're talking about except maybe you decided to vent against a Christian organization before even bothering to read the reply I offered to your question.

    Again:

    1. No I do not think the Catholic Church has any business telling its affiliated employees they can't use birth control and cited an example where the practice led to a terrible consequence.
    2. Because and only because teaching is a profession where impressionable children are being mentored by teachers at an institution where parents choose for the purposes of instilling a faith-based world view, yes but with a provision that allows redemption and restoration for those who makes mistakes but who are repentant. Paula Deen apologized. ???
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Smeagol View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about except maybe you decided to vent against a Christian organization before even bothering to read the reply I offered to your question.

    Again:

    1. No I do not think the Catholic Church has any business telling its affiliated employees they can't use birth control and cited an example where the practice led to a terrible consequence.
    2. Because and only because teaching is a profession where impressionable children are being mentored by teachers at an institution where parents choose for the purposes of instilling a faith-based world view, yes but with a provision that allows redemption and restoration for those who makes mistakes but who are repentant. Paula Deen apologized. ???
    I see no reason to not forgive Dean.

    I see the teacher didnt get her job back.

  8. #168
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    Those are the two cases that get responses here.
    So what? That doesn't make your argument any less strained, without fact, and illogical

    The right like when gays get fired or a single mother, but get fired for using racist language and they cry foul.
    Again, do you even know Smeogal's position on that issue, or are you simply hitting him with some baseless accusation? Clearly it seems to be the later. And attacking individuals because "of the right" or "the left", as opposed to what they actually think and say is pretty ****ing stupid. Because it doesn't address what the person actually thinks, nor does it address the logic of their argument. it's an attack on their character, which tells us nothing about the logic of their position



    That is duplicitous.
    inventing **** and demanding people account for it is ****ing stupid, no matter what label you want to slap on it. Open a ****ing book

  9. #169
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    I see the teacher didnt get her job back.
    most normal people woiuld draw the conclusion that he does not agree with it, then

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Paula Deen Fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    So what? That doesn't make your argument any less strained, without fact, and illogical



    Again, do you even know Smeogal's position on that issue, or are you simply hitting him with some baseless accusation? Clearly it seems to be the later. And attacking individuals because "of the right" or "the left", as opposed to what they actually think and say is pretty ****ing stupid. Because it doesn't address what the person actually thinks, nor does it address the logic of their argument. it's an attack on their character, which tells us nothing about the logic of their position





    inventing **** and demanding people account for it is ****ing stupid, no matter what label you want to slap on it. Open a ****ing book
    I am not addressing any particular poster, but a duplicitous attitude of many.

    Just look through the threads. You will see right wingers gleefully cheer the homo got fired or the pregnant woman got fired. Then in this thread they have the opposite opinion.

    That is duplicitous.

    So the right is happy when women and gays lose their job, but so upset about Dean.

Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •