2) seemed he was pretty clear he didn't personally approve of the policy.
3) they are rather different. For one, the catholic policy you cited deals with current behavior. Smeagol cited something from 20 years ago
4) I can think the move is beyond dumb, while acknowleding they were fully within their rights
Was that even a position smeagol held? Don't you think you should actually establish that before demanding accountability here?A teacher got fired for non work behavior many on the right were over joyed.
it's an argument that lacks logic and fact.Duplicity.
Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."
I suggest familiarizing yourself with the logical fallacies
I have no idea what you're talking about except maybe you decided to vent against a Christian organization before even bothering to read the reply I offered to your question.
1. No I do not think the Catholic Church has any business telling its affiliated employees they can't use birth control and cited an example where the practice led to a terrible consequence.
2. Because and only because teaching is a profession where impressionable children are being mentored by teachers at an institution where parents choose for the purposes of instilling a faith-based world view, yes but with a provision that allows redemption and restoration for those who makes mistakes but who are repentant. Paula Deen apologized. ???
Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011
Again, do you even know Smeogal's position on that issue, or are you simply hitting him with some baseless accusation? Clearly it seems to be the later. And attacking individuals because "of the right" or "the left", as opposed to what they actually think and say is pretty ****ing stupid. Because it doesn't address what the person actually thinks, nor does it address the logic of their argument. it's an attack on their character, which tells us nothing about the logic of their positionThe right like when gays get fired or a single mother, but get fired for using racist language and they cry foul.
inventing **** and demanding people account for it is ****ing stupid, no matter what label you want to slap on it. Open a ****ing bookThat is duplicitous.
Just look through the threads. You will see right wingers gleefully cheer the homo got fired or the pregnant woman got fired. Then in this thread they have the opposite opinion.
That is duplicitous.
So the right is happy when women and gays lose their job, but so upset about Dean.