Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 115

Thread: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

  1. #61
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,751

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    I would bet dollars to donuts that the Democrats were in on this too, since the Green Party has also been shut out. Therefore, the title of this thread should read "Democrats pull a fast one on the voters".
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #62
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,134

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    I don't even know how a person could even come to that conclusion based on what I said.

    Here's my thinking process: The title of this thread is "Republicans pull a fast one on voters." There are many problems with the grammar in that statement, such as the fact that Republicans are voters too! I sarcastically implied that he seems to think that only third party votes should count and Republican votes don't count. Otherwise why would he write, Republicans pull a fast one on voters? As I mentioned before Republicans are voters too!

    How could someone even consider that what I meant was that third parties don't count. While I believe that it's a waste to vote for a third party, I certainly don't want to stop people from voting for Mickey Mouse if they feel like it. I'll just strongly advise them against doing that. I do like this law though. It is in fact even better than it was. Changes in the bill indicates that each potential nominee had to receive one half of one percent of the voter registration of the party of the candidate in at least three counties in the state. The final passing of the bill indicates that you now need ONE‑SIXTH of one per cent of the voter registration of the party of the candidate in at least three counties in the state. So, unless your people cannot muster 1/6 of 1% of the signatures required, I'm not sure what your complaining about. and btw in most real world situations, 1/6 of 1% DOESN'T COUNT!!!!

    Here's the text and the changes for people curious. Please research!!!!
    Bill Text: AZ HB2305 | 2013 | Fifty-first Legislature 1st Regular | Engrossed | LegiScan
    The title of the thread is required by DP guidelines to be the exact same title as article quoted so I had no choice.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #63
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,134

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I wonder if....

    Party A sets up, covertly, party C to attract people who will not vote for Party A, just to keep them from voting for party B?

    If you can't get a vote, take a vote instead.

    Was Ralph Nader and Ross Perot plants?
    Personally I think that if you don't like any of the candidates on the ballot you should be allowed to take one vote away from the candidate that you like the least.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  4. #64
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    I don't even know how a person could even come to that conclusion based on what I said.

    Here's my thinking process: The title of this thread is "Republicans pull a fast one on voters." There are many problems with the grammar in that statement, such as the fact that Republicans are voters too! I sarcastically implied that he seems to think that only third party votes should count and Republican votes don't count. Otherwise why would he write, Republicans pull a fast one on voters? As I mentioned before Republicans are voters too!

    How could someone even consider that what I meant was that third parties don't count. While I believe that it's a waste to vote for a third party, I certainly don't want to stop people from voting for Mickey Mouse if they feel like it. I'll just strongly advise them against doing that. I do like this law though. It is in fact even better than it was. Changes in the bill indicates that each potential nominee had to receive one half of one percent of the voter registration of the party of the candidate in at least three counties in the state. The final passing of the bill indicates that you now need ONE‑SIXTH of one per cent of the voter registration of the party of the candidate in at least three counties in the state. So, unless your people cannot muster 1/6 of 1% of the signatures required, I'm not sure what your complaining about. and btw in most real world situations, 1/6 of 1% DOESN'T COUNT!!!!

    Here's the text and the changes for people curious. Please research!!!!
    Bill Text: AZ HB2305 | 2013 | Fifty-first Legislature 1st Regular | Engrossed | LegiScan
    Hence why I asked... And, the Republicans in Arizona are, essentially, eliminating third party potential votes in self-preservation. I also see you said voting for a third-party is a wasted vote - I'm sorry you think that but, when you compare the two major parties (Rs vs. Ds) they are both ineffective and, basically, get nothing done; they also play both sides of the coin. I could see your point if you said voting, in general, was a waste of time but, not voting for a third-party candidate so we can actually attempt to change the **** show that is the two-party system in D.C. now. Why do you strongly advise against voting for third-party candidates?
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Last Seen
    10-06-16 @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    16,875

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    Personally I think that if you don't like any of the candidates on the ballot you should be allowed to take one vote away from the candidate that you like the least.
    I'm for "None of the above".

  6. #66
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,622
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Why do you strongly advise against voting for third-party candidates?
    Because no matter who you pit against them in the two party system, the third party choices are not any better!!!! Yet somehow, you guys think if you elect one third party person AKA Ron Paul...Then they will somehow be allowed to change the system from the inside. I'm not that naiive.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  7. #67
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,622
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    The title of the thread is required by DP guidelines to be the exact same title as article quoted so I had no choice.
    well then, I criticize the author of the articles then.
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  8. #68
    Formerly ModerateGOP
    NeverTrumpGOP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Post-Trump America
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    10,622
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by zgoldsmith23 View Post
    Always?
    YES You can't name any candidate that is better, you can name ones that may be suited more towards your ideology, but they are still hypocrites and crooks as well!
    There's no greater irony than a Trump supporter pointing out hypocrisy; Unless it's Trump himself.

  9. #69
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,134

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Because no matter who you pit against them in the two party system, the third party choices are not any better!!!! Yet somehow, you guys think if you elect one third party person AKA Ron Paul...Then they will somehow be allowed to change the system from the inside. I'm not that naiive.
    I fully believe Gary Johnson was a far better choice than Obama and Romney.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  10. #70
    Antichrist
    zgoldsmith23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    TN
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Republicans pull a fast one on voters

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    Because no matter who you pit against them in the two party system, the third party choices are not any better!!!! Yet somehow, you guys think if you elect one third party person AKA Ron Paul...Then they will somehow be allowed to change the system from the inside. I'm not that naiive.
    Who brought up Ron Paul? Did I endorse him? No. Quality straw man on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by ModerateGOP View Post
    YES You can't name any candidate that is better, you can name ones that may be suited more towards your ideology, but they are still hypocrites and crooks as well!
    Perhaps previously in certain instances, but you're making a blatant generalization.
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I've never denied my own hackish tendencies
    Quote Originally Posted by Pin dÁr View Post
    scientific by itself isn't enough of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    Not all Nazis were bad people

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •