Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

  1. #11
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,939

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Senators plan to introduce a 'Border Surge' plan that would double the size of the Border Patrol and ensure that 700 miles of fencing is finished on the Southern border.

    Read more here: Immigration deal would double size of Border Patrol - Manu Raju and Seung Min Kim - POLITICO.com


    I just want to add that every sovereign country on this planet has the right to guard its borders against unwelcome intrusions and control access to its territory.

    This should have been done a long time ago.

    I totally support this idea and anyone who knows me, knows that I am not anti-immigrant. My wife is an immigrant (She didn't sneak across the border.).



    "Tolerance is giving to every other human being every right that you claim for yourself." ~ Robert Green Ingersoll
    The irony is that this fence will most likely using contractors who hire illegal aliens as workers. Plus there is no garentee that a fence will deter anyone from trying to cross the border.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,939

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Lets say by some miracle they don't legalize until the fence is built and the border is secure. I just heard on the news this will take ten years. So for ten years Mexicans will flood across the border because they will be legalized when the fence is finally built. IMO we secure the border first then deport all illegals because then they couldn't just come back like they do now. We have to many Mexicans here now and they are having a deleterious effect on our culture and politics. The influx of immigrants from Mexico is disproportionate to immigration in general and they are bringing their corrupt culture with them. They bring wages down, they bring gang numbers up, they suck social services dry. This must stop and then reverse for the sake of America.
    It is our very prosperity that attracts people to live here. If we were a third world country then no one would want to come here.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    The U.S. version of the Berlin Wall.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    The U.S. version of the Berlin Wall.
    Walls to keep people out are the exact opposite of walls to keep people in.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Walls to keep people out are the exact opposite of walls to keep people in.
    No a wall serves both functions at the same time. They are identical.

    Also the wall is to keep us in.

  6. #16
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Lets say by some miracle they don't legalize until the fence is built and the border is secure. I just heard on the news this will take ten years. So for ten years Mexicans will flood across the border because they will be legalized when the fence is finally built. IMO we secure the border first then deport all illegals because then they couldn't just come back like they do now. We have to many Mexicans here now and they are having a deleterious effect on our culture and politics. The influx of immigrants from Mexico is disproportionate to immigration in general and they are bringing their corrupt culture with them. They bring wages down, they bring gang numbers up, they suck social services dry. This must stop and then reverse for the sake of America.



    700 miles of fence can be built in a lot less than ten years if the right people are doing it.

  7. #17
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The irony is that this fence will most likely using contractors who hire illegal aliens as workers. Plus there is no garentee that a fence will deter anyone from trying to cross the border.


    The border can be controlled, but not by people with an attitude like yours.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,939

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The border can be controlled, but not by people with an attitude like yours.
    Who would you prefer as border gaurds? Uzbekistan gaurds? They are perfect if you don't mind the use of excessive brute force.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    No a wall serves both functions at the same time. They are identical.

    Also the wall is to keep us in.
    Your house is walls with locked doors and windows, does your house keep you in or others out?

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Immigration Deal Would double size of Border Patrol And Finish 700 miles of Fence

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    700 miles of fence can be built in a lot less than ten years if the right people are doing it.
    The gov will be in charge of this fence and ten years is wildly optimistic. The last time we tried to build one much of it was tied up in court and still is over environmentalist law suits.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •