Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 295

Thread: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So the program was extended to cellphones in '08. Obama took office in '09....

    Definitely Obama's fault.
    3 months before Obama took office. The massive expansion of this program has occurred under his supervision.

    Yes definitely Obama's fault when he's had 4+ years to get it right. The program has skyrocketed to 2B+ in 2012 under his watch.

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Oh I'm sorry Jan 2009. My bad

    If Obama "reformed it" how come costs exploded to 2.2B in 2012? Don't worry I know your answer. "Bush Bush Bush Bush Obama knows nothing"
    Maybe you should read the source I provide and find out. Hint: the cost did not explode immediately following Bush's expansion. Things take time. And crying that people are blaming Bush for a program Bush signed into law is hilarious, especially when you are blaming Obama for something that happened when he was not even president, but did reform to reduce costs.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Maybe you should read the source I provide and find out. Hint: the cost did not explode immediately following Bush's expansion. Things take time. And crying that people are blaming Bush for a program Bush signed into law is hilarious, especially when you are blaming Obama for something that happened when he was not even president, but did reform to reduce costs.

    I'm thinking you should quit while you're behind. You think the snopes link covered your bases?

  4. #24
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    No they didn't. Here is the original source.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

    Right 3 months before Obama was elected President. He's had 4+ years to get it right. Even after a previous poster hilariously admitted he "instituted reforms" the program cost more than 2B last year alone, exploding in cost by more than 12 times, lining the pockets of crony corporate fat cats. That's an massive expansion of the program that has happened under Obama's watch. One thing that seems to be missing in all this knee jerk "Bush's fault" bleeting is actual outrage from Obama Supporters that hard working Americans are getting ripped off. I'm sure you know how much drugs you can get with it:
    First just how are 'hard working Americans' getting ripped off?

    Next it is fun to watch you bemoan crony corporate fat cats when so many think the rich work very hard for their money and deserve their profits.

    Then you seem incapable of realizing any program that is expanded, this one by BushII, would have an exponential increase in cost- guess you and BushII have the same grasp of how these things work.

    I do know how much drugs you can get for these phones...little to none. If you had a real phone like a smartphone you might get 20 bucks worth of dope....might.

    I have seen these phones, the trac and virgin ones, both are super simplistic the best retail example is the Best Buy ATT 'Go Phones' that retail for 8 bucks. Tracphone sells it's phone for 14 bucks retail at Dollar General.

  5. #25
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i look forward to seeing your suggestions how this program can be improved to eliminate the prospect of exchanging government furnished assistance, phones, bus passes, food stamps, drugs for other items the recipients want more than the federal assistance

    or are you only going to point to failings that have existed as long as the human race as a basis to rant about Obama


    love the term "Obamaphone", despite the OP's article telling us the emergency phone program was begun during the ronnie raygun regime and expanded to include cell phones during the dicknbush reign of terror
    Services like foodstamps, bus passes, or similar, could be pretty decently protected by requiring an ID to redeem. If only that person can use it, it has no real value for trade.

    As for the phones, I don't know why our government needs to be handing out free phones to people.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-19-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    891

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Services like foodstamps, bus passes, or similar, could be pretty decently protected by requiring an ID to redeem. If only that person can use it, it has no real value for trade.

    As for the phones, I don't know why our government needs to be handing out free phones to people.
    Same reason Reagan gave free landline service to poor people.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Maybe you should read the source I provide and find out. Hint: the cost did not explode immediately following Bush's expansion. Things take time. And crying that people are blaming Bush for a program Bush signed into law is hilarious, especially when you are blaming Obama for something that happened when he was not even president, but did reform to reduce costs.
    Obama is the President who has overseen implementation of this program. Not Bush. Obama. You even admit this. The abuse of this program is happening now. Not 4+ years ago. Right now.

    You've even admitted that Obama "instituted reforms that cut costs". If that's the case, then why did the program explode in costs in 2012? That's 4 years later. An excuse like "Things take time" doesn't cut it. Food stamps have exploded in costs under Obama's watch too. Which past President's fault is that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanstantine View Post
    Same reason Reagan gave free landline service to poor people.
    You can't sell a land line at a pawn shop for drugs. Try again.

  8. #28
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanstantine View Post
    Same reason Reagan gave free landline service to poor people.
    Was that supposed to be a gotcha moment? Why do I give a **** what Reagan did? We're talking about a ridiculous program that has no reason to exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-19-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    891

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Obama is the President who has overseen implementation of this program. Not Bush. Obama. You even admit this. The abuse of this program is happening now. Not 4+ years ago. Right now.

    You've even admitted that Obama "instituted reforms that cut costs". If that's the case, then why did the program explode in costs in 2012? That's 4 years later. An excuse like "Things take time" doesn't cut it. Food stamps have exploded in costs under Obama's watch? Which past President's fault is that?
    Eric Holder refuses to press any charges against big banks or lending agencies over the mortgage crisis, and you're worried about Obamaphones???

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,315
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    I'm thinking you should quit while you're behind. You think the snopes link covered your bases?
    I realize that facts are a rough thing to handle for you, but I presented facts, including the snopes link(which documents everything it said), and the document detailing the reformns to the program. Notice that you and Bronson have documented...well, pretty much nothing and have not been able to offer one single fact to counter anything I have said. Facts: cryptonite to conservatives.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •