Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 295

Thread: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

  1. #271
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,554

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Not sure what you mean.

    "Hand up" is a generic term for social.programs that help people out of poverty. As opposed to "hand outs" which is just giving **** away.
    Phones are creature comforts, and don't help people out of poverty. I'm sure all of the unemployed poor get their phones and think "Oh yes! Now I can apply for a job! This was the only thing standing in my way!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you still have not read any of the sources to know what you are actually talking about. Might want to do that....
    And you keep repeating the same thing because you're too lazy to form a point. I read the article, and I quoted from it. Your argument can be summed up as "Nuh-uh!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    Geez, you really are uninformed. Welfare isn't in checks anymore, it's on a debit type card and a PIN is required to use it. Exactly like a debit card. It's good enough for banks but not you?
    Oh my! That was so hard! "What if old people can't go to the store, it's impossible to implement security measures"

    Seems like that works just fine for welfare then. It can work for other things.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  2. #272
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    09-14-16 @ 12:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,415

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    yes and we paid $700 B to your AIG and they have yet to pay us back.........(and dont bother citing all the lies they posted in the Wall Street journal about paying the USA back,
    you cant repay a $700b Debt when your profits are only a few $B a year. )

    And what good is a free land line to the homelesss? And the eminant thinking of the GOP answer that?????
    Free Trade Doesn't Work: What Should Replace It and Why,
    Ian Fletcher

    https://www.numbersusa.org/

  3. #273
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Shush.

    O'Keefe said it, they believe it, that settles it.
    LOL...

    O'Keefe may spin right, but there ar so many more that spin faster and harder to the left.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Really? When did he do that? How does he "own" something he did not do? If he took credit for ending cancer, would he "own" that too?
    I started looking for it, but didn't find it yet.

    I'm pretty sure, just like promising to pull troops out of Iraq by the end of 2010, or when ever it was, he also promised free cell phones, in the debates before he was president. Thing is, both these things were already set in stone, and he knew it. He was appeasing the ignorant masses.

    Just like he wants to take credit for pulling troops out of Iraq, He needs to take responsibility for the phones. If he admits that he had no control over the SOFA with Iraq signed by president Bush, then I will accept your position he doesn't own the cell phone debacle.

    Is that OK with you?

  5. #275
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I started looking for it, but didn't find it yet.

    I'm pretty sure, just like promising to pull troops out of Iraq by the end of 2010, or when ever it was, he also promised free cell phones, in the debates before he was president. Thing is, both these things were already set in stone, and he knew it. He was appeasing the ignorant masses.

    Just like he wants to take credit for pulling troops out of Iraq, He needs to take responsibility for the phones. If he admits that he had no control over the SOFA with Iraq signed by president Bush, then I will accept your position he doesn't own the cell phone debacle.

    Is that OK with you?
    I did not think you could prove it. I love watching you guys making **** up, and then getting outrages at the **** you make up, and by god it is all Obama's fault you are outraged....

    It is hilarious in this thread watching documented facts getting put forward, and then just ignored in favor of blaming Obama. Facts, context, reality, none of those things are important to some of the conservative posters in this thread, because they have to bitch about Obama. Where it gets hilariously sad is that there are so many things that are completely legit that you all could blame Obama for, things that matter, and yet you all go for lies.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,217

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not think you could prove it. I love watching you guys making **** up, and then getting outrages at the **** you make up, and by god it is all Obama's fault you are outraged....

    It is hilarious in this thread watching documented facts getting put forward, and then just ignored in favor of blaming Obama. Facts, context, reality, none of those things are important to some of the conservative posters in this thread, because they have to bitch about Obama. Where it gets hilariously sad is that there are so many things that are completely legit that you all could blame Obama for, things that matter, and yet you all go for lies.
    I will admit my memory is not flawless, but I don't appreciate that what you are doing, is effectively calling me a liar.

    Politicians make unfulfilled campaign promises all the time. They also promise things they already know will happen, and take credit for them if they are elected.

    Did Obama take credit for getting us out of Iraq, or did he say that Bush got us out by sugning the SOFA in 2008.

    Think about that.

    I'm rather certain, that while campaigning, Obama also said he would make cell phone usage free for the poor. My point is he did not do it since it was already law passed during the Bush administration. Since then, he hasn't tried to claim it like he claimed on getting us out of Iraq, but both have equal merit.

    Do you follow my point?

  7. #277
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Did Obama give me IBS too! That socialist prick!
    That would be Michelle

    It's part of her "Let's Move" program
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #278
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I started looking for it, but didn't find it yet.

    I'm pretty sure, just like promising to pull troops out of Iraq by the end of 2010, or when ever it was, he also promised free cell phones
    The right doesn't need any facts in order to believe something
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #279
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    My area of NE Ohio has already received more rain this year than we got all last year, according to reports I am receiving! Were you a victim of that large storm system? Is that why you were without power? I'm in Texas, as you know, and they really would like some rain here...
    Yes, I was a victim. On top of the storm, some asshole decided to back into the side of my car in a parking lot that day, and then take off. Love those kinds of people. I should've started rice patties this year instead of gardens. Rain every day, and lots of it. The bugs are eating my egg plant, and I can't address the problem because of the rain. Weeds everywhere. It's global wetting. Then again, there's that drought you're caught in down there...

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Politicians make unfulfilled campaign promises all the time. They also promise things they already know will happen, and take credit for them if they are elected.
    Yes, they do, ON BOTH SIDES. So my question to all is why does the right get so upset when a left president does it and then give it a pass when a right president does it? The same question could be asked to those on the left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Did Obama take credit for getting us out of Iraq, or did he say that Bush got us out by sugning the SOFA in 2008.

    Think about that.
    Did the right give credit to Obama for following the SAME timeline of Bush in getting out of Iraq? No, they didn't. Think about that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    I'm rather certain, that while campaigning, Obama also said he would make cell phone usage free for the poor. My point is he did not do it since it was already law passed during the Bush administration. Since then, he hasn't tried to claim it like he claimed on getting us out of Iraq, but both have equal merit.

    Do you follow my point?
    Actually, Obama didn't promise free phones to the poor. This was spun as the "Obamaphone" from pundints on the right.

    The thing I fault for is not doing enough to curb fraud, waste, and abuse by the administration and congress. This of course doesn't change throughout administations or congress so ALL sides get the blame for that one.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •