Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 295

Thread: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

  1. #141
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Something tells me you have become quite dependent on those rose colored glasses you wear.

    Any luck finding the documents you stated Bush signed?
    Bush did not sign a document.

    Countering your vague claims is not wearing rose colored glasses. You have yet to show Obama has had anything to do with the expansion of the program.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #142
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    I was refering to the cell phone program which was started in 1996 because that is what the poster was referring to not a land line.
    Interestingly, 5 senators voted against it, 4 democrats and 1 republican.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #143
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    What reforms? The costs in 2012 were 2.2B. You can claim all the reforms you like. Doesn't mean they are even remotely being enforced.You're only further undermining your own argument and credibility by pointing this out.
    The reforms documented in this very thread.

    He's the President of the United States. He supervises everyone below him in the Federal Government. Stop trying to play the Obama doesn't govern card. He's not some innocent bystander to what's going on around him in Washington.
    Even private companies? About USAC - Universal Service Administrative Company - USAC.org

    Dammit, facts again....
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #144
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    In 2012, Obama had only been president for 3 years.



    Do you think that presidents are all-powerful beings that can do things which fall far outside the scope of their powers?
    Yes, but it is Obama's fault. You know when you stubbed your toe awhile ago? That was Obama's fault. Communism...Obama's fault.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #145
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Bush did not sign a document.

    Countering your vague claims is not wearing rose colored glasses. You have yet to show Obama has had anything to do with the expansion of the program.

    You know, when you write this:

    "And crying that people are blaming Bush for a program Bush signed into law is hilarious,"

    And then you come back now and claim he didn't sign any "document", I'm not sure what you think you are claiming.

    My guess is it would be impossible for you to admit anything, since you can't even admit things you've previously committed to writing.

    Oh well, that's your burden.




  6. #146
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:44 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,293
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    You know, when you write this:
    "And crying that people are blaming Bush for a program Bush signed into law is hilarious,"

    And then you come back now and claim he didn't sign any "document", I'm not sure what you think you are claiming.

    My guess is it would be impossible for you to admit anything, since you can't even admit things you've previously committed to writing.

    Oh well, that's your burden.



    I think I corrected my mistake. Something one of us has done...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #147
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:59 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,403

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    If they want to sell government handouts for drugs I wish they'd bring back the government cheese. Through a friend, I bought some for $10 a block back when they gave that out, and I'd do it again. That was some damn good cheese.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I'm not talking of any fallacy. I'm talking about real needs, and this simply isn't one. How many poor unemployed people do you think are regularly using their phones to find jobs?

    And free suits? Amazing. I see there's no point in us even talking because our beliefs aren't even on the same planet. I'm in reality, where we're sucking financially, and you're in a world where free **** should rain from the heavens.
    Not at all.

    I'm talking about hands up, not hand outs.

    How much is last years JC Penny suit cost? Does it have to be new?

    Costs me $30 a year to provide a slew of services BESIDES the cellphone program.

    Like subsidizing rural service and phones for schools and the indigent/elderly.

    That a bargain. One I choose to participate in by having a phone.

    Anybody who doesn't like the program is free to not participate.

    They can communicate by mail.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #149
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,158

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Ok. I recognize the press release. And?

    As I have shown via direct links to FCC documents, the program was expanded to include cell phones in April 2008. The commissioners involved included rather significant players in the Democrat hierarchy. (Not that it matters, but we're in finger pointing circus mode aren't we?)

    Once in place, and with Tate, the Bush appointee warning about fraud and abuse, removed by an Obama appointee, the FCC rolled out the marketing blitz to encourage the half of eligible people not on the program to get moving.

    From their 2009 Press Release Marketing campaign:

    "The programs have been active for years and are administered by the FCC and state public utility commissions, but at least half of eligible consumers nationwide do not take advantage of this assistance."


    So, not sure what point I'm missing here. I think I've covered all the relevant points without resorting to anything other than government documents.
    I guess what I'm missing is how people eligible for the program becoming aware they are eligible is waste/fraud/abuse.

    As of 2010 there were measures being instituted to combat actual waste/fraud/abuse.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  10. #150
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then why can't the benefits be put in the name of the primary care provider? There's no reason not to limit services to only those who are supposed to get it.
    Perhaps you need to learn about the care of the disabled. The primary care giver will be one of 2-5 people if 24 hour care is required as they take their shifts from their employer. Therefore their primary care givers could change at any time, regardless of whether the caregiver quits, he/she may just be reassigned to another client. I guess you could put it in the name of the company who provides the care, but then you're forcing the client (and his/her guardian who may or may not live near enough to be the one on the benefits cards) to have to stay with that provider regardless of the care given.

    Sorry, just doesn't work as you desire and your knowledge is seriously lacking to have any legit opinion.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •