Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 295

Thread: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    speaking of facts, if the plan expanded to cell phones in 2008, how could Obama have done it? He had no more power than any other senator in 2008.
    2.2B in 2012 4 years into Obama's Presidency

    Is the massive explosion in Food Stamps under Obama's watch FDR's fault? Yes or No

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Given the links I've provided, and the excerpts, I think it would be hard to argue I haven't done my due dilligence...
    So the massive increases in costs over the last 4 years on Obama's watch is Clinton's fault. Got it.

  2. #132
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Who? A youtube clip that is full of misinformation?
    There you go, describing virtually every Obama supporter YouTube clip.

    But yes, a clip of just one of his crazy-ass supporters spouting off what's on her ignorant mind started it. Candidate Obama could have told the electorate the truth about the program, set them straight, but no attempt was made. It was to his advantage for the moron contingent of his supporters to believe they were getting free phones from him.

  3. #133
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    2.2B in 2012 4 years into Obama's Presidency
    In 2012, Obama had only been president for 3 years.

    Is the massive explosion in Food Stamps under Obama's watch FDR's fault? Yes or No
    Do you think that presidents are all-powerful beings that can do things which fall far outside the scope of their powers?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  4. #134
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:00 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,397

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    love the term "Obamaphone", despite the OP's article telling us the emergency phone program was begun during the ronnie raygun regime and expanded to include cell phones during the dicknbush reign of terror
    I see you criticize people mocking Obama by misusing his name, but then go on to mock others that you don't like by purposely misusing their names. Yep, some good ol' serious objectivity goin' on right there.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  5. #135
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,416
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Then why can't the benefits be put in the name of the primary care provider? There's no reason not to limit services to only those who are supposed to get it.

    Pay phones are gone because even the poor have phones now. If the poor still used them, they would exist.

    And nice trying to insult me simply because you couldn't come up with a solution to something that simple.



    Which they would not do to those people if they were not being paid by the government to do so.

    It's very simple. Some carriers are giving out phones on the Lifeline program because the government is paying them.


    Ever heard of mail? It's actually totally free for the recepient, you should check it out.

    How did anyone get a job, get medical attention, or anything else before phones? Should we buy them suits and cars too so they can get a job? How about shampoo, haircuits, a computer, a printer, document protector, pencils and everything else they might need? How does one find a job without a computer these days?

    Guess we should be giving out all kinds of free ****. I mean, after all, it's free right?
    I really didn't expect you to go for the fallacy of failing to draw the line.

    How many employers hire by mail these days for entry level.jobs?

    And a free suit might not be a bad idea, but a bus pass would suffice for transport.

    Everything else is reducto ad absurdum. Reduction to the absurd.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    As I have posted links to, the Commissioners who set up the change in regulation included the former Chief of Staff to Democrat Ernest Holings, and the former Senior Aide to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle.

    As to promotion, I've provided the links to the FCC's campaigns. How else would the program expand so quickly?

    The point is, as evidenced by the facts, it was important for the government to be seen as the great saviour for the poor and needy, something critical to the President.

    To argue otherwise is rather foolish.

    It should come as no surprise that people take exception to news that continues to show large numbers of people freeloading off of government programs.

    You can't blame people who have their own struggles for feeling taken advantage of.
    How else could the program expand so quickly? So if a popular idea or product expands quickly it must be because the government is pushing it? nentendo, Smartphones, the long lines waiting for Apple's latest gen of phone? A good idea sells.

    Now I wonder who was pushing for the expansion of the life line system to include cell phones BEFORE BushII left office? Remember, the plan was approved before Obama was elected, and also remember when the Oath of office was administered, not Nov 7th. you seem to think no one cared about this program or pushed/pulled for it prior to 2009, when Obama actually took office.

  7. #137
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  8. #138
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,553

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    I really didn't expect you to go for the fallacy of failing to draw the line.

    How many employers hire by mail these days for entry level.jobs?

    And a free suit might not be a bad idea, but a bus pass would suffice for transport.

    Everything else is reducto ad absurdum. Reduction to the absurd.
    I'm not talking of any fallacy. I'm talking about real needs, and this simply isn't one. How many poor unemployed people do you think are regularly using their phones to find jobs?

    And free suits? Amazing. I see there's no point in us even talking because our beliefs aren't even on the same planet. I'm in reality, where we're sucking financially, and you're in a world where free **** should rain from the heavens.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #139
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Which they would not do to those people if they were not being paid by the government to do so.

    It's very simple. Some carriers are giving out phones on the Lifeline program because the government is paying them.
    Wrong again. The money does not come from the government. Please read the sources provided in this thread.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #140
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    How so?



    That's the press release where you lifted one sentence.

    Ok. I recognize the press release. And?

    As I have shown via direct links to FCC documents, the program was expanded to include cell phones in April 2008. The commissioners involved included rather significant players in the Democrat hierarchy. (Not that it matters, but we're in finger pointing circus mode aren't we?)

    Once in place, and with Tate, the Bush appointee warning about fraud and abuse, removed by an Obama appointee, the FCC rolled out the marketing blitz to encourage the half of eligible people not on the program to get moving.

    From their 2009 Press Release Marketing campaign:

    "The programs have been active for years and are administered by the FCC and state public utility commissions, but at least half of eligible consumers nationwide do not take advantage of this assistance."


    So, not sure what point I'm missing here. I think I've covered all the relevant points without resorting to anything other than government documents.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •