Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 295

Thread: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

  1. #111
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    1) Obama expanded the program to cellphones which is how the program is being abused
    2) Don't project your racism onto me. Own it.
    3) Who slammed him? Facts are the facts

    Your emotions don't = facts
    speaking of facts, if the plan expanded to cell phones in 2008, how could Obama have done it? He had no more power than any other senator in 2008.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Who set the hot mess in motion?

    In the 2008 FCC action that added cellphones, and specifically allowed TracFone to be part of the program, FCC Commissioner Deborah Tate cautioned in her comments that the program needed to have appropriate checks and balances in place to deal with fraud and abuse. Commissioner Tate was replaced by President Obama after he took office.

    Further, for the first time, in 2009, 20010, and 20011, the following was released by President Obama's FCC:

    FCC Headlines 2009

    9/14/09
    FCC Supports "National Lifeline and Link Up Telephone Discount Awareness Week" - September 14 - 20, 2009.
    News Release: Word | Acrobat

    FCC SUPPORTS “NATIONAL LIFELINE AND LINK UP TELEPHONE DISCOUNT AWARENESS WEEK” - SEPTEMBER 14 – 20, 2009

    FCC Headlines 2010

    9/13/10
    FCC Observes "National Lifeline And Link Up Telephone Discount Awareness Week" - September 13-19, 2010.
    News Release: Word | Acrobat

    FCC OBSERVES “NATIONAL LIFELINE AND LINK UP TELEPHONE DISCOUNT AWARENESS WEEK” - SEPTEMBER 13 – 19, 2010


    You get the idea right?

    Promoted, big time.
    You missed the idea, right? Who did the legwork for the expansion? Who approved the expansion? Who set up the funding and initial oversight?

    I agree the program, like sooooo many others, needs far more people in the oversight and fraud crack down divisions, but if I recall- wasn't the 'small government' Republicans who fought any increase in the size of government and attacked government workers as overpaid, underworked and unnecessary?

    Chickens come home to roost.

    Now as far as the government promoting the programs and opportunities it has to offer... I think that is a great idea.

    And do you REALLY think it is the promotion program that caused the use surge in useage???

    Really???

  3. #113
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yea sure. He's such a reformer that Obama. He has to reign in the candy store now that his election is secured. Your premise is paper thin at best. The waste, fraud and abuse being documented is happening right now. Some reforms you keep touting. Not.
    Oddly, the reforms happened 10 months before the election. Damn those facts...

    3 months before he took office. So what. He has had direct supervision as to how this program was implemented. You going to blame FDR for Food Stamp rolls doubling under Obama's watch too?
    He actually does not have direct supervision. The Universal Service Administrative Company, which is independent, runs it. Damn it, facts again ruining your premise. I am sure facts are obama's fault too...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #114
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Born Free View Post
    Yet another example of expanding entitlements, nannies and freebies. We are firmly entrenched in an entitlement, nanny and freebie society. 17 Trillion in debt and adding 1 trillion a year to pay for it all.
    Lifeline has jack **** to do with the debt.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #115
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Fact for you to discover. When was it expanded, and who actually did the expanding?

    (Don't forget to include the clarification for the thing you claim Bush signed)

    Here, since the kryptonite you handle seems to be causing you problems.

    Some facts about the original order issued in 2008.

    FCC Headlines 2008

    4/11/08
    FCC Conditionally Designates Tracfone as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier for Lifeline Service In Several States.
    Order: Word | Acrobat


    Adopted: April 9, 2008 Released: April 11, 2008

    By the Commission: Commissioners Copps, Adelstein and Tate issuing separate statements.
    I. INTRODUCTION
    1. In this Order, we conditionally grant the petitions of TracFone Wireless, Inc. (TracFone) to be designated as an eligible telecommunications carrier (ETC), eligible only to receive universal service Lifeline support, in its licensed service areas in New York, Virginia, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Alabama, North Carolina, Tennessee, Delaware, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia, pursuant to section 214(e)(6) of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended (the Act).


    Now, a little something about the Commissioners who passed this reform.

    FCC Commisioner Michael Copps: Was the former Chief of Staff to Democrat Earnest Holings, a well known liberal.

    FCC Commissioner Jonathan Adelstein, was a former senior aide to Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, who's legend speaks for itself.

    FCC Commissioner Deborah Tate, was appointed as an interim Commissioner by President Bush.


    So, the forces that pushed through the reform were who again?
    Odd, I do not see Obama listed there anywhere. Just a bunch of claims of people being liberal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #116
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oddly, the reforms happened 10 months before the election. Damn those facts...



    He actually does not have direct supervision. The Universal Service Administrative Company, which is independent, runs it. Damn it, facts again ruining your premise. I am sure facts are obama's fault too...
    Who had an overwhelming majority in Congress 10 months before the election?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #117
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Who had an overwhelming majority in Congress 10 months before the election?
    Too bad they had nothing to do with the FCC decision, which kinda ruins your premise.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #118
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,166

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post


    Is that where we are now?

    Dang, now that is a duck and cover of rather remarkable proportions.
    This is a waste of time...maybe read the article, visit the website of the organization in charge of the program and actually do your due diligence in separating the bs from reality.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #119
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    That must be it...Ohioans benefiting from a program passed under Bush made them vote for Obama. Maybe you guys should start marketing them as "Bushphones" instead of incorrectly calling them "Obamaphones". Maybe you guys would of had a chance using that reasoning.

    The program probably "took off like wildfire" because something passed in 2008 takes time to implement.
    Well, once again, it wasn't the Bush supporters that started calling them Obamaphones in the first place - that came from the Obama folks.

  10. #120
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,444
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obamaphones Being Sold For Drugs, Shoes Ect. (Video)[W:33]

    Quote Originally Posted by iacardsfan View Post
    Another baseless attack on Obama? This never get's old. *Rolls eyes*
    Just another prelude to the launch of Republican v6.0.

    You watch.

    Its coming, just in time for 2014!
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •