Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56

Thread: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

  1. #41
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I don't understand your nonchalance. Don't you think it's one this if a private company/corporation does it on their own expense, and it's another if the government does it on taxpayer dime?
    Are you now arguing with the fact that the government spends a lot of taxpayer money on things individual taxpayers don't like?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  2. #42
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Are you now arguing with the fact that the government spends a lot of taxpayer money on things individual taxpayers don't like?
    No, and I am not sure where your question came from to be honest.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  3. #43
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    No, and I am not sure where your question came from to be honest.
    Because you're saying it's a problem that taxpayer money is being spent on something you apparently don't agree with.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #44
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    Because you're saying it's a problem that taxpayer money is being spent on something you apparently don't agree with.
    The government should govern based-on the will of the people as opposed to pushing their will onto it's people. Being fed propaganda is bad enough, but when it's being paid by tax dollars, it makes it even more repulsively worse, wouldn't you agree?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  5. #45
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    The government should govern based-on the will of the people as opposed to pushing their will onto it's people. Being fed propaganda is bad enough, but when it's being paid by tax dollars, it makes it even more repulsively worse, wouldn't you agree?
    No. Will of the people doesn't mean a referendum. It means the will of the people (Congress) that the people as a whole elected

    This seems to be a theme on this website:

    #1- The whatever opinion a poster has, 'the people' agree with that poster.

    #2- That if they actually do, somehow that trumps the will of the elected representatives. It's a democratic republic, not a pure democracy, for a reason.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  6. #46
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    No. Will of the people doesn't mean a referendum. It means the will of the people (Congress) that the people as a whole elected

    This seems to be a theme on this website:

    #1- The whatever opinion a poster has, 'the people' agree with that poster.

    #2- That if they actually do, somehow that trumps the will of the elected representatives. It's a democratic republic, not a pure democracy, for a reason.
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  7. #47
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    These pretzels are making me thirsty.
    I assume that's Kramerese for "I disagree, but I get it".
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  8. #48
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    I assume that's Kramerese for "I disagree, but I get it".
    No. It means that your post makes no sense to me.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #49
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    No. It means that your post makes no sense to me.
    lol, well you didn't understand the one before it, so I'm not surprised.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    lol, well you didn't understand the one before it, so I'm not surprised.

    Of course it's all my fault.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •