Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 147

Thread: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

  1. #31
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Last Seen
    11-21-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,120

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Heading? We are already there... Obama phones, ObamaCare, what do you think these are?
    The made up fantasies of partisan hacks...

    Obama phones are actually based on a plan started under Reagan (Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers | FCC.gov) - began in 1985. Became "cell phones" under Bush 2.

    The ACA ("Obamacare") individual mandate is based on the proposals of the right-wing in opposition to "Hillarycare," as they called it back then.

    So, you need to study a little bit of history about the programs you hate before you say they're all Obama programs.

    They were beloved (as was "cap-and-trade") when they were conservative think-tank ideas. They're hated because a Democrat is in office.

  2. #32
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by FilmFestGuy View Post
    The made up fantasies of partisan hacks...

    Obama phones are actually based on a plan started under Reagan (Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers | FCC.gov) - began in 1985. Became "cell phones" under Bush 2.

    The ACA ("Obamacare") individual mandate is based on the proposals of the right-wing in opposition to "Hillarycare," as they called it back then.

    So, you need to study a little bit of history about the programs you hate before you say they're all Obama programs.

    They were beloved (as was "cap-and-trade") when they were conservative think-tank ideas. They're hated because a Democrat is in office.
    You obviously haven't read my other posts.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,003

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    4 days now and the OP still hasn't provided any argument to counter Cain. Just another drive by posting.

  4. #34
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Since you are a socialist, I would think you would cheer a conservative with that kind of idea. But conservatives are always bad and wrong, aren't they?
    Well saying this is completely ludicrous... That somehow that US is becoming communist... Or socialist.. .


  5. #35
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Yet you didnt provide any argument or facts to counter his claim.
    All one needs is to be connected to reality to counter his claim..


  6. #36
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    Heading? We are already there... Obama phones,
    Ohh the big scary "Obama phones"?
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-free-cell-ph/
    The Myth of the 'Obama Phone' - ABC News

    ObamaCare,
    Privatized medical insurance?

    what do you think these are?
    Well one was complete bull**** and the other is privatized medical insurance... So yea.. Not communistic or socialist.


  7. #37
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    We are turning socialistic, there for, socialist. Communist however, I don't think he was using Marx's definition of Communism, but was referring to the totalitarian socialist states like the Soviet Union, China, NK, Cuba, etc. So, he may be inaccurate by using the term "communism", however he is totally accurate on socialism and totalitarian socialism. Not to see that is "****ing insane".

    How are we even turning anything close to socialism?
    How are we turning anything close to this: Chomsky on Socialism - YouTube


  8. #38
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,885

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    I find it hilarious when socialists claim "nothing to see here, no socialism" simply because we're not completely socialist while advocating more socialism.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  9. #39
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by Lachean View Post
    I find it hilarious when socialists claim "nothing to see here, no socialism" simply because we're not completely socialist while advocating more socialism.
    How does one advocate "more socialism"? I thought you were either socialist or not socialist...


  10. #40
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Ohh the big scary "Obama phones"?
    PolitiFact | Chain e-mail claims Obama is handing out free cell phones to the needy
    The Myth of the 'Obama Phone' - ABC News


    Privatized medical insurance?


    Well one was complete bull**** and the other is privatized medical insurance... So yea.. Not communistic or socialist.
    Privatized Healthcare, that's funny, you really think that is what that is don't you?
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •