Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 147

Thread: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post

    How are we even turning anything close to socialism?
    How are we turning anything close to this: Chomsky on Socialism - YouTube
    You still listen to that guy? The same nutcase that said that Pol Pot, the regime responsible for the genocide of between 1.4-2.2M people, was "comparable to France after liberation [from the Nazi's]? Then later claimed that the genocide death toll was inflated by a factor of a thousand? If you want to talk about listening to nutcases living in a fantasy land, you need to only look in the mirror.

  2. #122
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No... Not even close.. No.. Just no.
    You can not have a "fascist system" and socialism. Both are internally conflicting ideologies. Just because you have a "collectivist" system of government, trying to unite people under a single ideology and system does not make one a socialist. They were a corporatist economic system.
    Yes. Just yes. History is history and the facts are the facts. Obviously you don't know history. Don't understand these ideologies and are operating from a position of ignorance. Mussolini was a rabid left wing communist before he developed fascism. He felt there were flaws in Marx' theory that could be improved upon.

    You're making an emotional argument without any facts. Collectivism is Left Wing Ideology. Fascism is barely to the right of Communism on the ideological spectrum. Now you can stomp your feet, close your eyes and scream no all you want. Doesn't change history. Doesn't change the facts.

    C'mon man. This little "scandal" is failing by the days go by...
    IRS chief: Agency also screened liberal groups | Politics | The Seattle Times
    IRS Targeted Progressive Groups, Too, Documents Reveal
    We can call anyone a "fascist" simply because they disagree with x, y, or z's political views. But in fact the only thing they share is that we are also a corporatist economy to an extent.
    More than 500 Conservative, Christian and Jewish Groups were targeted. Keywords used in the targeting was "Patriot", "Constitution" ect. I understand the biased sources you presented want these scandals to go away but they are not going to go away. There is no comparison in regards to what specific groups were targeted. Clearly there was ideological agenda to target and suppress political opposition to Obama before the 2012 election. The IRS was used as the tool. Fact of the matter is Progressive Groups were not targeted and the IRS even leaked information on these Tea Party and Religious groups to a far left political group illegally. If all these Progressive Groups were targeted then why didn't they present any of the leaders of these groups to testify to that fact recently when given the chance? Oh that's right, because there weren't any. Secondly, why should we accept what the IRS did, even if your laughably false narrative is true? So fascism is cool if everyone is targeted by it? Nice logic comrade.

    You're willing to accept any flimsy reasoning to try and sweep this under the rug because you've sold out. You're willing to accept your political opposition being targeted, harassed and intimidated because you're a morally bankrupt individual who puts his ideology above his country and Constitution.


    Ok.. Still does not make on a "fascist". Simply means we are living in a surveillance state.
    You don't fundamentally understand these ideologies and are operating from a position of ignorance. That isn't my problem. That's your problem. Surveillance is merely a tool to monitor and control. What the IRS and the NSA are doing is no different than what the Checka (which later became the NKVD and finally the KGB) and the Gestapo did. That's what all of this is really about. Crushing any opposition to a one party state which is what fascist liberals are trying to create. You support that. I don't.

  3. #123
    Guru
    Smeagol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    02-19-17 @ 11:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,147

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Supposedly somehow in fantasy land amongst the right we are turning into a "socialist" country, then apparently we are going to become a stateless, classless society... This people are ****ing insane. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    I have to be honest and say its hard to take such charges seriously coming from a highly partisan commentator who's current career is to relentlessly bash the current administration. I can't see how the conservative pundits keep their credibility while keeping the right-wing base on the verge of a meltdown so they'll stayed glued to the various conservative media outlets for the sake of ratings but its their chosen profession. I'm sorry, I supported Cain in the 2012 GOP Primary before I didn't but I think all this is designed to scare the crap out of old men, to keep them glued to the radio.

    If you want to get me to believe a charge like that I'd need to hear Alan Greenspan and other top economists from all political persuasions get before an emergency session of Congress to warn America of a disastrous paradigm shift that is placing the United States on the path to a Soviet Union style economy. Telling banks they can't authorize over the the limit debit card transactions so they can trigger a bunch of bounced checks every several years on their account holders without their prior approval (how banks use to make their profits on "free checking accounts" until Obama got elected) isn't communism. Loaning the auto makers money to stop a shutdown of the US auto industry that they're paying back or have already paid back with interest isn't communism any more the the SBA loaning money to new small businesses also being repaid with interest unless every POTUS from Eisenhower to Obama was a communist including Kennedy, Reagan, HW Bush, Clinton and W Bush. Although I think it needs tweaking, national healthcare isn't communism unless The UK, Germany and Canada are communist states and Bill Clinton, Mitt Romney and the Heritage Foundation are commies.
    Having opinions all over the map is a good sign of a person capable of autonomous thinking. Felix -2011

  4. #124
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    You still listen to that guy? The same nutcase that said that Pol Pot, the regime responsible for the genocide of between 1.4-2.2M people, was "comparable to France after liberation [from the Nazi's]? Then later claimed that the genocide death toll was inflated by a factor of a thousand? If you want to talk about listening to nutcases living in a fantasy land, you need to only look in the mirror.
    Already proved you wrong on that Pol Pot comment. Carry on...


  5. #125
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    He also has a Master's in Computer Science.
    Oh good then. Maybe we can get his a job with the NSA.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  6. #126
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Yes. Just yes. History is history and the facts are the facts. Obviously you don't know history. Don't understand these ideologies and are operating from a position of ignorance. Mussolini was a rabid left wing communist before he developed fascism. He felt there were flaws in Marx' theory that could be improved upon.
    Oh so wait this all revolves around him being a socialist at one time
    My mother was once a super republican but now she isnt.. So what?

    Under fascist control Mussolini allied his policy with ruling Italian capitalists, he promoted the capitalist sector to service the state (corporatism), hell life insurance was even transferred to private insurance! Trade unions were dissolved, and made illegal. Fascism promoted the idea of private property and private profits. You trying to say that fascism is somehow socialism is completely ignorant. Its core tenant when it came to the economy was corporatism!


    You're making an emotional argument without any facts. Collectivism is Left Wing Ideology. Fascism is barely to the right of Communism on the ideological spectrum. Now you can stomp your feet, close your eyes and scream no all you want. Doesn't change history. Doesn't change the facts.
    No. "Collectivism" isnt left or right it simply means people are interdependent on each other in society...



    More than 500 Conservative, Christian and Jewish Groups were targeted. Keywords used in the targeting was "Patriot", "Constitution" ect. I understand the biased sources you presented want these scandals to go away but they are not going to go away. There is no comparison in regards to what specific groups were targeted. Clearly there was ideological agenda to target and suppress political opposition to Obama before the 2012 election. The IRS was used as the tool. Fact of the matter is Progressive Groups were not targeted and the IRS even leaked information on these Tea Party and Religious groups to a far left political group illegally. If all these Progressive Groups were targeted then why didn't they present any of the leaders of these groups to testify to that fact recently when given the chance? Oh that's right, because there weren't any. Secondly, why should we accept what the IRS did, even if your laughably false narrative is true? So fascism is cool if everyone is targeted by it? Nice logic comrade.
    Someone missed the latest IRS hearings......

    You're willing to accept any flimsy reasoning to try and sweep this under the rug because you've sold out. You're willing to accept your political opposition being targeted, harassed and intimidated because you're a morally bankrupt individual who puts his ideology above his country and Constitution.






    You don't fundamentally understand these ideologies and are operating from a position of ignorance. That isn't my problem. That's your problem. Surveillance is merely a tool to monitor and control. What the IRS and the NSA are doing is no different than what the Checka (which later became the NKVD and finally the KGB) and the Gestapo did. That's what all of this is really about. Crushing any opposition to a one party state which is what fascist liberals are trying to create. You support that. I don't.


  7. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Already proved you wrong on that Pol Pot comment. Carry on...
    You've done no such thing. Last time I recall, I didn't even get a response from you on the subject.

    But if you would like to attempt to prove what I just said was wrong, feel free. I'll be waiting.

  8. #128
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    You've done no such thing. Last time I recall, I didn't even get a response from you on the subject.

    But if you would like to attempt to prove what I just said was wrong, feel free. I'll be waiting.
    Chomsky on the Soviet Union, Khmer Rouge, Faurisson, & Free Speech - YouTube
    The boring truth about Chomsky: he does not support Pol Pot - The Drum Opinion (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)


  9. #129
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    I'm not going to read your sources for you. It is your responsibility to make your argument, not your source's. Do you deny Chomsky saying any of the following? A simple yes or no will suffice.

    it became virtually a matter of dogma in the West that the regime was the very incarnation of evil with no redeeming qualities, and that the handful of demonic creatures who had somehow taken over the country were systematically massacring and starving the population. How the “nine men at the center” were able to achieve this feat or why they chose to pursue the strange course of “autogenocide” were questions that were rarely pursued.
    allegations of genocide are being used to whitewash Western imperialism, to distract attention from the “institutionalized violence” of the expanding system of subfascism and to lay the ideological basis for further intervention and oppression. We have seen how the Western propaganda system creates, embroiders, plays up, distorts, and suppresses evidence according to imperial needs.
    We presume that he would not have made this proposal if the figure of those killed were, say, less by a factor of 100 – that is 25,000 people – though this would be bad enough. Nor would he have been likely to propose this extreme measure if the deaths in Cambodia were not the result of systematic slaughter and starvation organized by the state but rather attributable in large measure to peasant revenge, undisciplined military units out of government control, starvation and disease that are direct consequences of the US war, or other such factors.
    Distortions at Fourth Hand, by Noam Chomsky & Edward S. Herman

  10. #130
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Herman Cain says U.S. headed ‘towards socialism and towards communism’

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    I'm not going to read your sources for you. It is your responsibility to make your argument, not your source's. Do you deny Chomsky saying any of the following? A simple yes or no will suffice.
    no i dont deny him saying those things i never did..

    If you cant read a short article then ok..
    [/QUOTE]
    None of what you quoted is found in your source you just posted..


Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •