Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 166

Thread: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

  1. #61
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    and what do you think the investigation is doing it is gathering evidence and so far there has not been any that implicates the WH yet but there hasn't been any to not make them a suspect either
    Yes, gathering evidence and hiding it

    Obviously, Issa is guilty of something.

    Lock him up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, gathering evidence and hiding it

    Obviously, Issa is guilty of something.

    Lock him up!!


    you don't release evidence in the middle of an investigation. you put the witnesses in jeopardy you taint the testimony of witnesses that have yet to be questioned and you give a heads up to the suspects

    Issa and Cummings are both guilty of doing just that and they are wrong for doing so

  3. #63
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    01-04-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,432

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Funny how Issa refuses to release the entire transcripts of his interviews with witnesses. When Elijah Cummings released additional partial transcripts and implored Issa to release the entire transcripts, Issa cried fowl. Issa is a fool and all Obama has to do is stand there to make him look worse.
    What's funny is how this right wing machine will not stop trying to discredit one of the greatest administrations the world and universe has ever seen. Transarent, patriotic, and honest are hallmarks of Obama's life and character and the right are downright fools to attack that...its like looking for a needle in a haystack, or counting every grain of sand in the sahara. You just can't do it
    , not possible, not even close. Hope and change forever. Bot to Bot. Peace
    Caitlyn Strong...

  4. #64
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    you don't release evidence in the middle of an investigation
    Well, that explains why Arson Issa has been releasing evidence in the middle of his investigation!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Well, that explains why Arson Issa has been releasing evidence in the middle of his investigation!


    and so did Cummings so it is a wash both should be pulled from involvement in the investigation

    but would like to add Cumming lied about what he released so definitely he should be pulled

  6. #66
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    and so did Cummings so it is a wash both should be pulled from involvement in the investigation

    but would like to add Cumming lied about what he released so definitely he should be pulled
    What did Rep. Elijah Cummings lie about?
    Last edited by pbrauer; 06-14-13 at 09:03 PM.

  7. #67
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    and so did Cummings so it is a wash both should be pulled from involvement in the investigation

    but would like to add Cumming lied about what he released so definitely he should be pulled
    Which is why this sham "investigation" is a joke
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What did Rep. Elijah Cummings lie about?
    this is what Cummings claimed the manerger said

    "This Republican manager said there was no White House involvement, no political involvement, none of that. He made the decision doing the best he could to have some kind of consistency."

    and this is actually what the manager said

    The IRS manager, who was not named by the committee, said, “I am not aware of that,” when asked directly about a political bias or political motivations behind the targeting of conservative groups. And he said he had “no reason to believe” that the White House was involved in the decision to target conservatives.

    big difference between "there was no White House involvement" and "no reason to believe" or "no political involvement" and "I am not aware of that”
    Last edited by trfjr; 06-14-13 at 09:16 PM.

  9. #69
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    this is what Cummings claimed the manerger said

    "This Republican manager said there was no White House involvement, no political involvement, none of that. He made the decision doing the best he could to have some kind of consistency."

    and this is actually what the manager said

    The IRS manager, who was not named by the committee, said, “I am not aware of that,” when asked directly about a political bias or political motivations behind the targeting of conservative groups. And he said he had “no reason to believe” that the White House was involved in the decision to target conservatives.
    That is even pettier than the poutrage about how Obama called the Benghazi attack an "act of terror" and not an "act of terrorism"

    Psst - they mean the same thing
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #70
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,304

    Re: Darrell Issa's IRS Investigation Is Falling Apart

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    What did Rep. Elijah Cummings lie about?
    Well, apparently the "manager" Cummings is referring to is said to have asked their Technical Unit in DC how to handle an initial Tea Party request in 2010.
    Did Cummings mention that?
    A lie of omission? Yes?

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •