Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

  1. #1
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Oh, the irony!

    Obamacare? We were just leaving

    Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.

    The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.

    Democratic and Republican leaders are taking the issue seriously, but first they need more specifics from the Office of Personnel Management on how the new rule should take effect — a decision that Capitol Hill sources expect by fall, at the latest. The administration has clammed up in advance of a ruling, sources on both sides of the aisle said.

    If the issue isn’t resolved, and massive numbers of lawmakers and aides bolt, many on Capitol Hill fear it could lead to a brain drain just as Congress tackles a slew of weighty issues — like fights over the Tax Code and immigration reform.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Chicks dig the long ball

    azgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,138

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like a lot of posturing to me.
    I have CDO, it's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be.

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Oh, the irony!

    Obamacare? We were just leaving

    Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.

    The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.

    Democratic and Republican leaders are taking the issue seriously, but first they need more specifics from the Office of Personnel Management on how the new rule should take effect — a decision that Capitol Hill sources expect by fall, at the latest. The administration has clammed up in advance of a ruling, sources on both sides of the aisle said.

    If the issue isn’t resolved, and massive numbers of lawmakers and aides bolt, many on Capitol Hill fear it could lead to a brain drain just as Congress tackles a slew of weighty issues — like fights over the Tax Code and immigration reform.
    The best thing that could happen in the USA would be a brain drain out of Congress.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #4
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Sounds like a lot of posturing to me.
    Politico leans Democrat.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  5. #5
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Oh, the irony!

    Obamacare? We were just leaving

    Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.

    The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.

    Democratic and Republican leaders are taking the issue seriously, but first they need more specifics from the Office of Personnel Management on how the new rule should take effect — a decision that Capitol Hill sources expect by fall, at the latest. The administration has clammed up in advance of a ruling, sources on both sides of the aisle said.

    If the issue isn’t resolved, and massive numbers of lawmakers and aides bolt, many on Capitol Hill fear it could lead to a brain drain just as Congress tackles a slew of weighty issues — like fights over the Tax Code and immigration reform.
    So I was wrong, something good can come out of Obamacare. As far as leading to a brain drain, I have yet to see much evidence that there are any brains currently there to drain away.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #6
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    So I was wrong, something good can come out of Obamacare. As far as leading to a brain drain, I have yet to see much evidence that there are any brains currently there to drain away.
    Yes, who knew, where term limits fail, Obamacare succeeds!
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  7. #7
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Politico leans Democrat.
    Only if Fox News is your idea of "Fair and Balanced".

    The CEO/President and Co-Founder was the Chief of Staff for former President Reagan. I'm sure he went out to start a Democratic Leaning online news site.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #8
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Only if Fox News is your idea of "Fair and Balanced".

    The CEO/President and Co-Founder was the Chief of Staff for former President Reagan. I'm sure he went out to start a Democratic Leaning online news site.
    Whether he wanted to or not isn't really the point, is it? Anyway, that's a diversion, the point is that Politico isn't an O-care opponent like the WSJ.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by wbcoleman View Post
    Politico leans Democrat.
    "Leans" is putting it nicely.

  10. #10
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Obamacare? We were just leaving …

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    "Leans" is putting it nicely.
    Thank you.

    Anyway, does anybody really doubt that our great public servants in Congress don't want to subject themselves to the tender mercies of Obamacare?
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •