Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 75

Thread: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

  1. #1
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Revolt Among Republicans on Immigration Bill: 70 House Members Risk Careers in Planned Showdown With Leadership | TheBlaze.com

    Seventy House Republicans are planning a politically risky showdown with Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to try to force additional debate on an immigration bill they say will mean amnesty for illegal immigrants and have dire consequences for the country.


    The 70 members are petitioning for a special Republican conference meeting on the bill, a “highly unusual” move to go head-to-head with the speaker, according to Reps. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), Steve King (Iowa) and Louie Gohmert (Texas), who are serving as spokespersons for the group.....


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    05-01-14 @ 03:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    12,879

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Nice to see someone in Congress actually standing up for what they believe in. It won't change anything in the end but it may make for some sensational news the next few days.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,913

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Uh-oh, Josie. After reading those three names, I'm having a prophetic moment re this thread.

  4. #4
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    I've suspected Boehner of being a weasel.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Boehner is just uncomfortable to look at. I bet he smells of coffee, cigarettes, and tanning bed. He's like the old lady in What About Mary.

    You wish everyone in Congress would step back for 12 months and do what's right. Then they can go back to political muckery thereafter.

    Some REALLY bad decisions are being made right now that are going to ruin the United States not long from now.

  6. #6
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ft.Wayne In
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,307

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Revolt Among Republicans on Immigration Bill: 70 House Members Risk Careers in Planned Showdown With Leadership | TheBlaze.com

    Seventy House Republicans are planning a politically risky showdown with Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to try to force additional debate on an immigration bill they say will mean amnesty for illegal immigrants and have dire consequences for the country.


    The 70 members are petitioning for a special Republican conference meeting on the bill, a “highly unusual” move to go head-to-head with the speaker, according to Reps. Michele Bachmann (Minn.), Steve King (Iowa) and Louie Gohmert (Texas), who are serving as spokespersons for the group.....
    I hope they succeed.This amnesty is a bad idea at a bad time!
    To me Boehner,Reid in the Senate are total political hacks.
    They aren't looking out for the country's best interests.

    I would love to see all of the leadership-both sides be defeated!!

  7. #7
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by penn1954 View Post
    I hope they succeed.This amnesty is a bad idea at a bad time!
    To me Boehner,Reid in the Senate are total political hacks.
    They aren't looking out for the country's best interests.

    I would love to see all of the leadership-both sides be defeated!!
    Along with everybody else in congress. A single term limit is the answer.

  8. #8
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Boehner is just uncomfortable to look at. I bet he smells of coffee, cigarettes, and tanning bed. He's like the old lady in What About Mary.

    You wish everyone in Congress would step back for 12 months and do what's right. Then they can go back to political muckery thereafter.

    Some REALLY bad decisions are being made right now that are going to ruin the United States not long from now.
    Been hearing that for decades now.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Some REALLY bad decisions are being made right now that are going to ruin the United States not long from now.
    While I agree bad decisions are being made, don't you Cons ever get tired of saying "ruin the United States" by now? I mean you use it for everything. First it was, "The United States is finished if we do Obamacare", then it was "The United States is finished if we re-elect Obama" and now this.

    It's like the Doomsdayers that keep predicting the End of the World and continuously get proven wrong.

    Look, I agree that there are many bad decisions, but when you guys keep going into "Doom and Gloom" mode it just gets old and sounds more like whining.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
    Last Seen
    09-14-14 @ 02:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,700

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Cry baby boner makes me wanna puke.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •