Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 75

Thread: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by Drake McHugh View Post
    I think if he tries to pass this immigration bill he will be ousted. Hardly any house Republicans want it.
    Please, if he wasn't ousted already, what makes you think he will now? The GOP OVERWHELMINGLY agreed to keep him.

  2. #22
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    While I agree bad decisions are being made, don't you Cons ever get tired of saying "ruin the United States" by now? I mean you use it for everything. First it was, "The United States is finished if we do Obamacare", then it was "The United States is finished if we re-elect Obama" and now this.

    It's like the Doomsdayers that keep predicting the End of the World and continuously get proven wrong.

    Look, I agree that there are many bad decisions, but when you guys keep going into "Doom and Gloom" mode it just gets old and sounds more like whining.

    It is actually their own demise they foresee. Any movement lead by those three is bound to look like a class of clowns. Funny how you never hear any talk about Reagan's role in amnesty.

  3. #23
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Funny how you never hear any talk about Reagan's role in amnesty.
    It's been talked about a lot lately, specifically in the context that 1) The fact of Reagan granting amnesty did NOT increase Hispanic votes for Republicans and 2) Reagan's grant of amnesty initiated the foreign colonization that destroyed California and turned the former "Golden State" into the unsustainable Liberal welfare state that it is today.

    The fact of the Gang of Eight Amnesty Bill before Congress right now has resulted in an analysis of the actual results of the Reagan Amnesty grant and there are even reports that, prior to his death, Reagan himself noted what a terrible mistake he had made in granting amnesty.
    Last edited by Ray410; 06-14-13 at 12:29 PM.

  4. #24
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    It's been talked about a lot lately, specifically in the context that 1) The fact of Reagan granting amnesty did NOT increase Hispanic votes for Republicans and 2) Reagan's grant of amnesty initiated the foreign colonization that destroyed California and turned the former "Golden State" into the unsustainable Liberal welfare state that it is today.

    The fact of the Gang of Eight Amnesty Bill before Congress right now has resulted in an analysis of the actual results of the Reagan Amnesty grant and there are even reports that, prior to his death, Reagan himself noted what a terrible mistake he had made in granting amnesty.

    Hispanics are not that stupid to think they should vote for republicans because they grudgingly agree to pass immigration reform. Republicans are so stupid they don't think they have do actually do the right thing.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,866

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    It's been talked about a lot lately, specifically in the context that 1) The fact of Reagan granting amnesty did NOT increase Hispanic votes for Republicans and 2) Reagan's grant of amnesty initiated the foreign colonization that destroyed California and turned the former "Golden State" into the unsustainable Liberal welfare state that it is today.

    The fact of the Gang of Eight Amnesty Bill before Congress right now has resulted in an analysis of the actual results of the Reagan Amnesty grant and there are even reports that, prior to his death, Reagan himself noted what a terrible mistake he had made in granting amnesty.
    Was that before or after he developed Alzheimers?

  6. #26
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Was that before or after he developed Alzheimers?

    After. Alzheimer's takes decades to progress before you die.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,518

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by 66gardeners View Post
    Hispanics are not that stupid to think they should vote for republicans because they grudgingly agree to pass immigration reform. Republicans are so stupid they don't think they have do actually do the right thing.
    I think it's stupid to lump all Hispanics (or all Republicans) into a monolithic group.

  8. #28
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,819

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner


    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  9. #29
    Professor
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    07-02-13 @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    1,651

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    I think it's stupid to lump all Hispanics (or all Republicans) into a monolithic group.
    this is NOT about you!

  10. #30
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Brookfield,Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    11-04-13 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    628

    Re: Revolt Among Republicans: 70 Members Plan Showdown with Boehner

    Importing and granting citizenship to 30 million people with 8th grade level educations seems like a swell way to create more Democrats.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •