Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 142

Thread: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

  1. #11
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    I'm still looking for sources....It was reported here:

    Murder trial delayed for Craigslist escort killer - San Antonio Express-News

    Not that The DailyMail is any more reliable, but they give more info....

    Texas jury acquit man who shot dead Craigslist escort who refused to have sex with him | Mail Online


    Here's the rub....

    Frago's brother wept Thursday as he described to jurors the decision to take her off life support in July 2010. She was dependant on a respirator, which became disconnected months after the shooting and caused brain damage.

    So she died because a tube became disconnected, not directly because of the gunshot....

    See how the media twists this $hit....
    Lol, see how the media twists it and see how you bought it into it immediately and started a thread demanding that someone defend it.

  2. #12
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    I'm still looking for sources....It was reported here:

    Murder trial delayed for Craigslist escort killer - San Antonio Express-News

    Not that The DailyMail is any more reliable, but they give more info....

    Texas jury acquit man who shot dead Craigslist escort who refused to have sex with him | Mail Online


    Here's the rub....

    Frago's brother wept Thursday as he described to jurors the decision to take her off life support in July 2010. She was dependant on a respirator, which became disconnected months after the shooting and caused brain damage.

    So she died because a tube became disconnected, not directly because of the gunshot....

    See how the media twists this $hit....
    You have got to be kidding me. Thanks for posting up something we could all get our teeth into about what should be a slam-dunk "WTF?"

    A 30-year-old man has been cleared of murder after a jury agreed his actions were justified after he shot an escort when she took his money but refused to have sex with him.

    Lenora Frago was shot in the neck by Ezekiel Gilbert on Christmas Eve 2009. The 23-year-old was paralyzed and died several months later.

    Read more: Texas jury acquit man who shot dead Craigslist escort who refused to have sex with him | Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    This is a disgusting finding. The only thing I can think of is that, since he was tried for murder, they found that he wasn't directly responsible for her death and were not allowed to find him guilty of a lesser charge. Other than that? Grave injustice done here.

    We cannot -- must not -- allow people to use their guns in this way and then let them walk away. If someone isn't in reasonable fear for their life? (And I'm willing to stretch this quite a bit.) They shouldn't be able to shoot someone.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #13
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    To defend what? A jury verdict?
    I was kidding, the story is sensationalized....She died because a breathing tube became disconnected by accident....

    So whoever was responsible for maintaining the breathing tube is directly responsible for her death, BUT she was only on a breathing tube because some idiot was pissed a hooker didn't want to have sex with him....

    Pretty sad when you can't pay someone and get sex....

  4. #14
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. Thanks for posting up something we could all get our teeth into about what should be a slam-dunk "WTF?"



    This is a disgusting finding. The only thing I can think of is that, since he was tried for murder, they found that he wasn't directly responsible for her death and were not allowed to find him guilty of a lesser charge. Other than that? Grave injustice done here.

    We cannot -- must not -- allow people to use their guns in this way and then let them walk away. If someone isn't in reasonable fear for their life? (And I'm willing to stretch this quite a bit.) They shouldn't be able to shoot someone.
    If you do something, anything with malice...Be it hit with a bat, throw a phone, cause someone to trip and bump their head, here are some questions.....

    1) If the person you assaulted dies in the future, how far in the future do we have to go before you're not responsible for the death....

    2) If they die as a result of defective care, that they are under because of what you did, are you responsible for the death?

  5. #15
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    If you do something, anything with malice...Be it hit with a bat, throw a phone, cause someone to trip and bump their head, here are some questions.....

    1) If the person you assaulted dies in the future, how far in the future do we have to go before you're not responsible for the death....

    2) If they die as a result of defective care, that they are under because of what you did, are you responsible for the death?
    I don't have the answer. But I do know the answer's out there. If a shooting victim dies in the future as a direct result of someone's negligent act - or criminal act - they can be prosecuted for it. That's not new.

    BUT he should have been prosecuted for shooting her in the first place and leaving her paralyzed. You don't get that?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  6. #16
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Lol, see how the media twists it and see how you bought it into it immediately and started a thread demanding that someone defend it.
    Haha....You can think that, I was, I admit, trying to stir things up to demonstrate your point....

  7. #17
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Haha....You can think that, I was, I admit, trying to stir things up to demonstrate your point....
    Fair enough. Lol.

  8. #18
    Guru
    csbrown28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,047

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I don't have the answer. But I do know the answer's out there. If a shooting victim dies in the future as a direct result of someone's negligent act - or criminal act - they can be prosecuted for it. That's not new.

    BUT he should have been prosecuted for shooting her in the first place and leaving her paralyzed. You don't get that?

    Here are the facts....

    She didn't die as a direct result of his actions.

    Now why do you assume that he's going to walk free? He will still be charged with attempted murder, is my understanding.

  9. #19
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by csbrown28 View Post
    Here are the facts....

    She didn't die as a direct result of his actions.

    Now why do you assume that he's going to walk free? He will still be charged with attempted murder, is my understanding.
    The article I read mentioned no such other charges. That would seem a whole lot like double jeopardy to me. Well, we didn't get you for murder, so we'll retry you for negligent homicide, or like someone else we know, Murder 2. No, I don't think they can do that.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #20
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    I think it's important to note that this was a verdict by jury - it is not in the least fair to claim "Texas" says it's okay or that even a majority of Texans would agree with this verdict if it is as grossly misrepresented.

    If I understand the issue correctly, the jury found that the man had the ability to shoot if he was being robbed at nighttime. It's not specifically related to the "product" being sold/bought, but the act of fraud/theft of not producting the goods after monies were exchanged. It would be the same verdict, on the facts and the law, if she had offered to sell a bike for $150 and once she got the cash she tried to ride away on the bike with the cash.

    All that said, I think there are lots of situation where juries make what everyone else thinks of as outrageous mistakes in acquitting people of crimes - OJ Simpson, Robert Blake, Casey Anthony, etc. I don't think fair people go around saying that California or Florida says it's OK to shoot, stab, drowned, whatever simply because 12 people in that state feel that way. But I guess Texas is an easy target for some.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •