Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 142

Thread: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

  1. #131
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Let's say any number of improbable possibilities. Let's add an erupting volcano to the mix, too. If there is an infant in the mix, and reasonable proof to suspect danger, you can use violence. The whole argument here is that mere presence in someone else's home, or the taking of property, create a reasonable belief in imminent harm. That's complete nonsense.

    Regardless, you still make the situation worse by escalating violence.

    A child asleep or otherwise occupied in another part of the house is equally improbable to an exploding volcano??


    Seriously, you went there?


    Exploding volcanos are a reality for only a very few people, like Hawaiians or people near Mt St Helens.


    Having other family members around who can't defend themselves nor haul ass solo is a DAILY REALITY for.... oh say a few billion people....


    On top of that when someone breaks into your home you don't know what their intentions are. They're about as likely to rape or murder as merely steal, and that's something you don't want to find out the hard way.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #132
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    That's cool. But I think you missed the entire conversation.

    Would you kill a person who came into your front yard during a yard sell and attempts to steal a $1.00 item? Or would you kill a kid chasing a runaway football that landed in your yard?


    Don't be ridiculous. Shooting a kid who runs into your yard chasing a ball has NOTHING to do with what we're talking bout. Nothing.

    Burglary, carjacking, armed robbery, strong-arm robbery... these are serious crimes where innocents are frequently hurt or killed. I'm talking about FELONIOUS theft, not kids chasing balls.

    Idiotic comparison.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #133
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,557

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Shooting a kid who runs into your yard chasing a ball has NOTHING to do with what we're talking bout. Nothing.

    Burglary, carjacking, armed robbery, strong-arm robbery... these are serious crimes where innocents are frequently hurt or killed. I'm talking about FELONIOUS theft, not kids chasing balls.

    Idiotic comparison.
    Goshin...man, as I said before...you didn't read the prior posts. Of course it's an idiotic comparison. Just like the OP in this thread.

    I purposely used ridiculous examples to illustrate how senseless and stupid it is to even have 14 pages of posts on this topic.

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Let's say any number of improbable possibilities. Let's add an erupting volcano to the mix, too. If there is an infant in the mix, and reasonable proof to suspect danger, you can use violence. The whole argument here is that mere presence in someone else's home, or the taking of property, create a reasonable belief in imminent harm. That's complete nonsense.

    Regardless, you still make the situation worse by escalating violence.
    Doesn't need to create a reasonable belief of imminent harm, In Texas, deadly force is also legal for protection of property. Most of us wouldn't just shoot, we would give someone the choice of surrendering first, but nothing says we actually have to, even if it could be proven you did or did not.

    And no, it doesn't make the situation worse, if they are dead, they ain't going to escalate violence. Well, I guess if you believe in zombies, they might be able to, but then, most counties cremate now because it is cheaper.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  5. #135
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    Doesn't need to create a reasonable belief of imminent harm, In Texas, deadly force is also legal for protection of property. Most of us wouldn't just shoot, we would give someone the choice of surrendering first, but nothing says we actually have to, even if it could be proven you did or did not.
    And those laws are wrong. That's my whole argument.

    And no, it doesn't make the situation worse, if they are dead, they ain't going to escalate violence. Well, I guess if you believe in zombies, they might be able to, but then, most counties cremate now because it is cheaper.
    You have killed someone. That is making the situation much much worse. And these sorts of arguments always assume that speaker will be the victor and not die themselves, and that they will escape unharmed. The moment someone adds violence to a situation where there wasn't any before, it's making things worse.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  6. #136
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    And then you should go to prison for murder. Because you attacked people who were not attacking you. Property is no cause to justify violence.
    Not here.

    Sure it is. Why do you think we spent trillions of dollars fighting socialist world wide? Because the only good thief is a dead thief.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    And those laws are wrong. That's my whole argument.



    You have killed someone. That is making the situation much much worse. And these sorts of arguments always assume that speaker will be the victor and not die themselves, and that they will escape unharmed. The moment someone adds violence to a situation where there wasn't any before, it's making things worse.
    Um, if i'm dead, then I probably won't give a damn anymore or do any more violence either.

    You say it's wrong, I say it isn't. You live where you live, and I live where I live, don't like our laws, then don't come here.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  8. #138
    Only Losers H8 Capitalism
    Spartacus FPV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In your echo chamber
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,893

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    OP Title sounds about as crazy as the fact that its not prostitution if you're putting it on the internet as porn.
    Haymarket's "support" of the 2nd Amendment, a right he believes we never had.
    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    no. You cannot lose rights you do not have in the first place. There is no such thing as the right to have any weapon of your choice regardless of any other consideration. It simply does not exist.

  9. #139
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Texas says you can kill someone if you're trying to rob from you, and it appears this lady was trying to rob the guy. Dumb law, but it's not really about prostitution. Funny that people want to make it about that, though. Or maybe more telling?
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  10. #140
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Texas Says It's OK to Shoot an Escort If She Won't Have Sex With You

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    I know what the case is about. I've read it. As I've explained twice now I didn't bring it up for any reason related to hostage taking. I brought it up because you said this:



    The Ceballos case specifically addresses the contention in bold. Simply breaking into someone's home - even for the purpose of committing a felony (the definition of burglary) - is not enough to justify use of deadly force on it's own. This point that I'm making has absolutely nothing to do with hostage taking, which I think you'll agree is distinguishable from breaking and entering.



    No, but again, you actually have to be taken hostage. Simply telling someone to sit on their own couch - absent threat/force/etc - doesn't qualify.



    Holding someone against their will is false imprisonment. And a potentially life threatening situation is distinguishable from a reasonable belief of imminent death/gbh.




    True enough.


    Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •