Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

  1. #1
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    This is really sad. I thought it was a very cute commercial. Contrary to popular belief, this just shows that even after the election of a black president, racism is still strong in this country.

    By the way, it is not just white racist but black racist to.

    Cheerios ad with interracial couple sparks racist anger. (VIDEO)
    Last edited by rcart76; 06-06-13 at 12:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Fourum Addmean
    shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Land of the sodomizers
    Last Seen
    03-18-16 @ 09:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,758

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    What? I thought only middle-aged heart disease wary white folks ate cheerios.
    Either I'm right or you're wrong.

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,917

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    According to the Slate link, the YouTube commenting feature was disabled for the product's ad clip. How many millions of people don't post on YouTube? How many millions of people don't care at all about this issue?

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    According to the Slate link, the YouTube commenting feature was disabled for the product's ad clip. How many millions of people don't post on YouTube? How many millions of people don't care at all about this issue?

    The point that I am making is that it is still a big issue in our country. Let say you take 10 of your closest friends, out of the 10, how many of them would be uncomfortable with their son or daughter marrying a black man or woman? Be honest

    I know a lot of family members and associates that would get upset if a white person was lets say brought home for thanksgiving. And it is very sad.

  5. #5
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    This is really sad. I thought it was a very cute commercial. Contrary to popular belief, this just shows that even after the election of a black president, racism is still strong in this country.

    By the way, it is not just white racist but black racist to.

    Cheerios ad with interracial couple sparks racist anger. (VIDEO)
    It says to me that some people have too much time in their days and not enough ways to fill it - perhaps less than 3 yrs worth of unemployment insurance payments would help solve the problem.

    As for the ad, it was cute but I have to say that the casting was awful - the kid didn't like like either of the parents and the man and woman, even in an age of interracial marriage, didn't look a bit like a couple you'd expect to be together. For that reason, it looks contrived and maybe that's why there's outcry. In any event, those who don't like it need to get a life.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  6. #6
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It says to me that some people have too much time in their days and not enough ways to fill it - perhaps less than 3 yrs worth of unemployment insurance payments would help solve the problem.

    As for the ad, it was cute but I have to say that the casting was awful - the kid didn't like like either of the parents and the man and woman, even in an age of interracial marriage, didn't look a bit like a couple you'd expect to be together. For that reason, it looks contrived and maybe that's why there's outcry. In any event, those who don't like it need to get a life.

    You what CanadaJohn, I read a few of your post and I must say that even though we don't share a lot of the same political views, you make a lot of sense about what you post

  7. #7
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    You what CanadaJohn, I read a few of your post and I must say that even though we don't share a lot of the same political views, you make a lot of sense about what you post
    Thank you sir - that's very kind - but watch out, your brethren on the left may not be happy with you for that!!

    Although I see you've been around here for over three years, you don't post often, so I haven't seen much of yours - the wisdom of this post will have me looking out for your posts more often
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    The rightwing talking point is that there is no more racism in the US -- except the racism of liberals and blacks.

    Just eat your cereal and go with it!

  9. #9
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    This is already an active thread.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...t-racists.html

  10. #10
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Cheerios interracial couple ad sparks racist anger

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    You know I didn't realize that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •