Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 269

Thread: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

  1. #111
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    As a poster noted previously, in the entire commencement speech, he does also get into the important role of men as fathers and husbands - the single paragraph quoted in the OP doesn't get into that so it appears it's entirely one-sided.
    Oh I see what you mean - his entire speech content VS the selected quote in the *article* . . . upon reading 'OP' a few times I connected that with 'Original Post' instead.

    I'll have to listen to the entire speech he gives later on.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  2. #112
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Again, wrong - he didn't say the world doesn't need women CEO's, he said the world doesn't need MORE women CEO's - maybe if you knocked that chip off your shoulder you'd be able to have a rational discussion of the subject. The commencement speaker actually did a great job of addressing a topic that should engender passionate debate, but rational debate too.
    Oh please. He's not doing anything more than reinforcing archaic restrictions on gender roles. Let's not pretend it's anything more than it is.

  3. #113
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Oh please. He's not doing anything more than reinforcing archaic restrictions on gender roles. Let's not pretend it's anything more than it is.
    Since you have no interest in what the man actually said, why don't you call him a racist too and get it all out there.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  4. #114
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    As a poster noted previously, in the entire commencement speech, he does also get into the important role of men as fathers and husbands - the single paragraph quoted in the OP doesn't get into that so it appears it's entirely one-sided.
    His comments on men don't do anything, but prove the point of the OP.

    In the article, the speaker states, "I was addressing both the ladies in the audience and the men, stressing to them that the most important role any of us will ever have is the role that we play in our families,Ē he told WRTV. ďI challenged the men by telling them that, to solve the problems of our society, we donít need more millionaire entrepreneur men. We need more men acting as fierce defenders of their wives and providers for their children."

    It's just him perpetuating stereotypical gender roles. Women stay home while men provide and "protect" their wives.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    07-16-13 @ 12:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,568

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Only if you have an agenda and you don't understand the English language.

    If you have a million dollars and someone says you don't need any more money, is that the equivalent to saying you don't need any money?
    In the case of women ceo the percent is so low that to say we don't need anymore is to suggest they shouldn't be there at all.

  6. #116
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Since you have no interest in what the man actually said, why don't you call him a racist too and get it all out there.
    It's too bad that I just quoted him in my other response to you demonstrating that what he said is exactly what I "care" about. But keep those ad homs going if it makes you feel better, LOL.

  7. #117
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by captainawesome View Post
    In the case of women ceo the percent is so low that to say we don't need anymore is to suggest they shouldn't be there at all.
    I won't repeat my post #110 - you can read it again if you choose.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #118
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    It's too bad that I just quoted him in my other response to you demonstrating that what he said is exactly what I "care" about. But keep those ad homs going if it makes you feel better, LOL.
    I'll leave that to you, since you're proficient at it.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  9. #119
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I'll leave that to you, since you're proficient at it.
    Let's do a rundown of our interaction:

    CJ makes argument.
    TPD counters argument.
    CJ responds with an ad hom; ignores TPD's argument.
    TPD makes another argument with supporting quotes and notes CJ's ad hom.
    CJ responds with another ad hom; continues to ignore TPD's argument.

    Notice how none of that interaction includes you defending your argument with anything other than ad homs while I defended my arguments with actual evidence from the original article. I'll take that as you admitting you're wrong, but having too much pride to say it.

    Congratulations, LOL.

  10. #120
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,186

    Re: High school commencement speaker tells females: stay at home, donít be CEOs

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlayDrive View Post
    Let's do a rundown of our interaction:

    CJ makes argument.
    TPD counters argument.
    CJ responds with an ad hom; ignores TPD's argument.
    TPD makes another argument with supporting quotes and notes CJ's ad hom.
    CJ responds with another ad hom; continues to ignore TPD's argument.

    Notice how none of that interaction includes you defending your argument with anything other than ad homs while I defended my arguments with actual evidence from the original article. I'll take that as you admitting you're wrong, but having too much pride to say it.

    Congratulations, LOL.
    I'm not going to get into a hissy fit with you - until you came along I was debating the content of the OP and the main issue with people who had different views - you're original post began "oh please" and your second post began "his comments on men don't do anything" - that's some counter argument you tossed out. Don't expect me to counter your nonsense or take you seriously and if it makes you feel superior to claim victory then, congrats, you're king/queen of the playground - trophy's in the mail.

    Have a good night and take care.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •