Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 209

Thread: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

  1. #151
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,114

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    To avoid looking totally clueless, one should do a bit of research before posting adamant claims: PolitiFact | Unions don't have to comply with Obamacare, says Crossroads GPS
    what a fail Oh, only 25% of waivers have gone to unions? Well that totally discounts the fact that politically connected unions are using their clout to seek them. Thanks for setting us all straight

  2. #152
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Ohio Department of Insurance

    You can add Ohio to the list of confirmed massive hikes on individual plans.

    The Ohio Department of Insurance today released details of health insurance plans that insurers have submitted for approval to sell on the coming federal insurance exchange for Ohio. The Department's preliminary analysis of the proposed plans for the individual market reveal that insurers expect the cost to cover health care expenses for consumers will significantly increase.

    Based on a report released by the Society of Actuaries earlier this year, the Department estimates this increase is an average of 88 percent.
    ....
    “We have warned of these increases since a state-specific study in 2011 indicated Ohio would be significantly impacted by the ACA,” Lieutenant Governor Mary Taylor said. “The Department’s initial analysis of the proposed rates show consumers will have fewer choices and pay much higher premiums for their health insurance starting in 2014.”

  3. #153
    Sage
    Somerville's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On an island. Not that one!
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Ohio Department of Insurance

    You can add Ohio to the list of confirmed massive hikes on individual plans.

    No you can't, but you can certainly add Ohio to the list of states with Republican politicians willing to lie about Obamacare

    Obamacare to make rates soar, state says in analysis attacked as deeply flawed

    But insurance experts and advocates for more comprehensive coverage counter that the Ohio Department of Insurance used confusing and misleading information to arrive at that conclusion. They say the department’s data make it impossible to even tell the price of actual premiums for Ohioans.

    The department is headed by Lt. Gov. Mary Taylor, a Republican critic of the law known widely as Obamacare. She said last week that her department estimates the cost to cover health care insurance will rise an average of 88 percent in Ohio for 2014.
    just as with Avik Roy's criticism of California's published insurance rates, Ohio's Lt Gov has picked a tiny segment of the population to make the claim about soaring rates following ACA's implementation
    This debate is over a relatively slim portion of the insurance market, individual policies that are sold by agents or brokers to one customer at a time. Only 350,000 out of 10 million people with medical coverage in Ohio had these kinds of policies in 2010, according to a study for the state by Milliman, Inc., a consulting firm.
    There is also a not so small problem with using fictitious numbers instead of actual data
    To compare today’s costs for individual policies with those likely in 2014, the state relied on 2013 estimates from the Society of Actuaries, using a study that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, or HHS, disputes as flawed.
    <snip>
    HHS continued its criticism this week and, with other critics, said the state should have used actual 2013 figures rather than those from a study. Outside groups trying to replicate or better understand Taylor’s figures said they found it impossible and questioned some of the figures in the study.
    “And I have no doubt that every new example will succeed, as every past one has done, in shewing that religion & Govt will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together.”
    ~ James Madison, letter to Edward Livingston, July 10, 1822

  4. #154
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,450
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    1) And what would the cost have been without Obamacare?
    2) Cant bend the cost curve when you wont attack the root cause of the problem.
    3) Cant bend the cost curve when your laws and regulations (even Obamacare) is written by the freaking for profit healthcare industry.
    With your mentality we should let the government do everything. Let them develop computers, phones, hell... everything.

    Fact is... every time the government sticks their fingers into business, costs increases and service is far worse.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #155
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    With your mentality we should let the government do everything. Let them develop computers, phones, hell... everything.

    Fact is... every time the government sticks their fingers into business, costs increases and service is far worse.
    Of course it is like that... in the US, because there is no difference between big business and government.. aka the politicians... Big business writes the laws and the politicians passes them.

    Fact is, in the real world, the only reason government meddles in business, is because business is doing something wrong. The only reason we need banking regulation is because of greedy bankers. The only reason we need labour laws is because business has abused labour. The list goes on and on.
    PeteEU

  6. #156
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:49 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,450
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Of course it is like that... in the US, because there is no difference between big business and government.. aka the politicians... Big business writes the laws and the politicians passes them.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh... it's like that everywhere... it's a universal law of life... like gravity.


    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Fact is, in the real world, the only reason government meddles in business, is because business is doing something wrong. The only reason we need banking regulation is because of greedy bankers. The only reason we need labour laws is because business has abused labour. The list goes on and on.
    The reason government intrudes is control... period. And healthKare is an invitation to meddle deep.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  7. #157
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,884

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by Somerville View Post
    No you can't, but you can certainly add Ohio to the list of states with Republican politicians willing to lie about Obamacare



    just as with Avik Roy's criticism of California's published insurance rates, Ohio's Lt Gov has picked a tiny segment of the population to make the claim about soaring rates following ACA's implementation


    There is also a not so small problem with using fictitious numbers instead of actual data
    The publication specifically referenced individually purchased plans would increase by 88%, which according to their analysis is true, but instead you focusing on those that are incapable of basic reading comprehension. Awesome.

  8. #158
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by roughdraft274 View Post
    Good guarantee, lol. I have a single friend with no insurance that is just leaving the hospital. He was always very healthy, non smoker, no issues, single, just as you are talking about. He had an aneurysm. Had to have surgery to fix it, followed by 11 days in the ICU in case he had a follow up stroke, common for aneurysm patients apparently, followed by two days in a private room at the hospital and is expected to get discharged today. He's trying to file paperwork and such to get some kind of financial aid for the bills from the government through the hospital, but as of two nights ago, his bill, just to the hospital, not including the doctor's cut for the actual surgery, the ambulance ride to the hospital, all of the various other groups is at $210,000. And that is still climbing, and once you include every other bill, it's probably closer to 250,000. Wouldn't surprise me one tiny bit if his bill was $300,000+ at the time of discharge.
    It wont matter any more once Obamacare kicks in fully. Your friend would be able to sign up for a new HC policy while in the hospital and they will have to cover it. Remember no limit or wait time on pre-existing conditions...it will be like getting into an auto accident then getting auto insurance and them paying for the damages.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  9. #159
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Under our old system the friend would never have to pay at all, but we would have. Actually his only move is to file bankruptcy. I didnt think you guys liked that free healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnukingfutz View Post
    It wont matter any more once Obamacare kicks in fully. Your friend would be able to sign up for a new HC policy while in the hospital and they will have to cover it. Remember no limit or wait time on pre-existing conditions...it will be like getting into an auto accident then getting auto insurance and them paying for the damages.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #160
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: IRS: Cheapest Obamacare Plan Will Be $20,000 Per Family

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Under our old system the friend would never have to pay at all, but we would have. Actually his only move is to file bankruptcy. I didnt think you guys liked that free healthcare.
    How would he not have had to pay at all under the old system?

    I definitely understand the possibility of him going bankrupt, it has happened to too many people...but thats what catastrophic (major medical) insurance is all about. It was a super cheap policy that covered for things like that...major medical catastrophes. Thats the policy we carried for the longest time until we got an MSA...now thats not acceptable to our beloved Imperial Federal Government.

    Like free healthcare, huh? I dont get your point on that.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •