Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #701
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
    It doesn't. What matters is that they are beaten back into the darkness from which they came..........................

    I understand, not. What does this mean?
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  2. #702
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wow you are a winny butt when some one doesn't believe in your religion. I think any of those hypothesis are more plausibile than the magical patriarchal misogynist sky daddy religion.

    Yet some people are having a cow when the officers of the religion no longer accept a chapter of the orginization, the BSA, in the church grounds for the purpose of promoting its agenda whic includes the acceptance of homosexuality which is against the precepts of the Church. Why not accept that the BSA cannot use the Church building any more?
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  3. #703
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    If they are delusional then what does it matter if they ban the Boy Scouts from their midst?
    I honestly don't care, I think it's best for the Boy Scouts if they become a wholly secular organization that operates without any religious influence. Of course, they've profited by riding around on the back of the Christian dinosaur for so many years, but once in a while, you need to make a decision between being powerful and being right. I hope they make the right decision, which they've certainly started to make by finally rejecting the ban on gay scouts.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #704
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,775

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    You mean with regards to the matter of which we were discussing? Yes, I absolutely have the truth on that. I have the truth, verified by the fact that we all concede that none of us have any real idea as to the verifiable origins of everything... nobody...

    Pretty objective, wouldn't you say? But, what the heck... go ahead, prove me wrong, using science of course, I will accept nothing less, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa
    Yet while we don't have any proof for the origins of everything, at least science doesn't go around just making up absurd nonsense because they're uncomfortable not knowing. That's the province of religion.

    And no, it's not all that objective because if you wanted to be honest, you'd just admit you don't know and leave it at that, you wouldn't believe in gods and other mythological nonsense.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #705
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanstantine View Post
    Interesing how you are an apologist and denier of Roman tyranny.

    Are you a denier of any other significant historical events, say ones that occured during the last century?
    If you're referring to the Buddhist killings of Muslims in Myanmar, no. My opinion re that matter is "Go for it"......................

  6. #706
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

    I remember people on DP cheering and exhibiting great enthusiasm as various entities closed their sites to the BSA when they had continued in their ban on openly-gay scouts and scoutmasters, expressing great joy at each curtailment of BSA access or activity and saying "serves them right!"


    Now, someone is cutting the BSA off for accepting homosexuals and everyone is down on them with harsh criticism.


    Action A and Action B are identical.... an org says "we can't support the BSA in their policy" and denies access. You cheer one and denigrate the other because the action is taken for opposite causes.


    So apparently... it's perfectly fine to "stand on principle"... but only when you agree with the principle being stood upon, right?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #707
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220]

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Arent you supposed to love your enemy? That seems like forgiving them even though they sin to me.
    You are supposed to love your enemy not for your enemy sake but for ones own so that hatred will not infest your heart and you wold not go down to paths of darkness.


    I personally dont think homosexuality is a sin.
    Good for you, they do though.


    I think control freaks used the bible to rally against what they personally think is obscene.
    What does being a control freak have to anything? They are simply not allowing an org to use their premises to promote a belief conrrary to their doctrine.


    But I also beleive that some of the bible is defiled and not wholly true.

    They belive the scripture is the uncorupted and true word of God.


    Ive read too many passages that seem to be made from the mind of a greedy human lord or king.

    That is your impression of reading the Bible they have a diffrent view.


    Christians say "I feel in my heart this is true!" Well I feel im my heart that homosexuality isn't a sin.
    So you think it is not sin and feel it is not sin.


    [/QUOTE] I feel in my heart that men have guided the bible to their whims.[/QUOTE]

    That is correct but in this case I think they have at ballance the scripture behind them as it is written.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  8. #708
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I remember people on DP cheering and exhibiting great enthusiasm as various entities closed their sites to the BSA when they had continued in their ban on openly-gay scouts and scoutmasters, expressing great joy at each curtailment of BSA access or activity and saying "serves them right!"


    Now, someone is cutting the BSA off for accepting homosexuals and everyone is down on them with harsh criticism.


    Action A and Action B are identical.... an org says "we can't support the BSA in their policy" and denies access. You cheer one and denigrate the other because the action is taken for opposite causes.


    So apparently... it's perfectly fine to "stand on principle"... but only when you agree with the principle being stood upon, right?
    Now you expect people to be nonpartisan ? Only when people oppose you should they "rise above their partisanship"..................

  9. #709
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    01-17-16 @ 05:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,122

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220]

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    There's just a couple of problems with your post

    First off, your examples were not "correct". Secondly, they do not refute brothern's claim about how the NT portrays women

    But most importantly, the fact is that you tried (and failed) to dismiss brothern's opinions because you claimed he did not know about Christianity, and then you (mistakenly) pointed to a statement of his as proof of his misunderstanding (even though you misunderstood his remark). Then, to make matters worse, you have posted "facts" about the Bible that are untrue.

    And now, you continue to dodge the irony of your attempt to show that brothern made a mistake about Christianity while making mistaken claims about the Bible.
    But except for all that, it was great post.

  10. #710
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I remember people on DP cheering and exhibiting great enthusiasm as various entities closed their sites to the BSA when they had continued in their ban on openly-gay scouts and scoutmasters, expressing great joy at each curtailment of BSA access or activity and saying "serves them right!"


    Now, someone is cutting the BSA off for accepting homosexuals and everyone is down on them with harsh criticism.


    Action A and Action B are identical.... an org says "we can't support the BSA in their policy" and denies access. You cheer one and denigrate the other because the action is taken for opposite causes.


    So apparently... it's perfectly fine to "stand on principle"... but only when you agree with the principle being stood upon, right?
    Yes, because discriminating against gays is exactly the same as not discriminating against gays!!
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •