Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #571
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Well, you tell me, where did gravity originally come from, why does this even work, why are their such rules in the universe, where did these rules come from? blah blah blah, stuff you cannot answer for the origins of....

    And see, that was not even close to being on target...
    Oh well! I guess gravity is just a "man made up story"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #572
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    If I remember correctly, and I DO, I absolutely DID NOT ask you what you didn't believe in, that was already pretty well established.

    Maaaaybe I guess I would more rather, if pushed, know: Which of those super credible and scientifically provable theo...theor...theories...waawaa..wait a second now, theories? Theories, you mean those things that are kinda like made up stories to fit the facts, right...? Man made up stories? [ oh yeah, never mind ]
    May I suggest you try testing out the theory of gravitation?

    Here is how to do it: Find a very tall building, and jump off it.

    Maybe, because it's a ... what was that? Man made story? Maybe because its a man made story, you will simply fly around. Then again, you may splatter all over the floor.

    In either case, it's a win for science if you manage to prove or disprove the man made story called the theory of gravitation.

    Remember, find tall building, jump off, disprove man made story. Go on... I dare ya.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  3. #573
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    May I suggest you try testing out the theory of gravitation?

    Here is how to do it: Find a very tall building, and jump off it.

    Maybe, because it's a ... what was that? Man made story? Maybe because its a man made story, you will simply fly around. Then again, you may splatter all over the floor.

    In either case, it's a win for science if you manage to prove or disprove the man made story called the theory of gravitation.

    Remember, find tall building, jump off, disprove man made story. Go on... I dare ya.
    I can see you must have tried the maiden flight on your own, did you, land on the noggin did you, didn't really do much damage, did you?

    Unless you really do not have the capacity to understand the concept we are discussing, ... just wanted you "smart science" folks to tell us sky guy peeps just how this all came about, the fairly ordered universe, you know the atheists "stories" of just being ...they are truly wild and fascinating, but if it is so silly to believe in a god, just where are your solid answers to where gravity, all the rules of physics, come from originally? Come on ....

    I can hear the gears whizzing now...."oh, wait a minute, omg, he is not asking IF there is gravity...he is asking WHERE IT CAME FROM ORIGINALLY, BEFORE BEFORE, matter of fact he is asking where did everything come from, originally?" Totally nothing, not even the thought or whisper or anything of even this nothingness existed [ and if that's not true, where did whatever IS there, where did that come from?] and this nothingness suddenly for some reason just sprang into just being somethingness, matter of fact everythingess, now just where did that all come from then? This decision from nowhere and then the power to actually do...where did it come from? I know, I know this is a bit more mature subject than maybe you are used to ...seeing as how you earlier tried to dumb the question down to something you maybe could actually answer, and then you there was that clumsy/snarky little attempted jibe, ha ha ha, crude but at least made me chuckle about just how much effort you folks expend on the extraneous hoping we will forget about the pertinent...but you see this ploy you are using to avoid ...it just is simply not about the question asked...and so you maybe might try again?

    If not, I understand...

    hmmmm...what to do what to do,huh? Like I said, maybe y'all wanna call Bill Nye, the science guy...maybe he might help you locate the answer...ha ha ha ha

  4. #574
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    If I remember correctly, and I DO, I absolutely DID NOT ask you what you didn't believe in, that was already pretty well established.

    Maaaaybe I guess I would more rather, if pushed, know: Which of those super credible and sciy of those entifically provable theo...theor...theories...waawaa..wait a second now, theories? Theories, you mean those things that are kinda like made up stories to fit the facts, right...? Man made up stories? [ oh yeah, never mind ]
    Wow you are a winny butt when some one doesn't believe in your religion. I think any of those hypothesis are more plausibile than the magical patriarchal misogynist sky daddy religion.

  5. #575
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Wow you are a winny butt when some one doesn't believe in your religion. I think any of those hypothesis are more plausibile than the magical patriarchal misogynist sky daddy religion.
    Don't be afraid, tell us which one, so I can question you on its "scientific validity"-----ha ha ha hah ah ah hahahah ha hha aha ha ha....too too funny...

  6. #576
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,567

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Your first premise is false so your entire argument fails. I don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. I suppose its more convienent to attack a strawman.

    Gotta love it when so-called libertarians keep to the philosophy only when they find it convienent. Good god, you all are more judgmental than the Christians you constantly whine about.
    The hell? Did I ever say he HAD to do anything? Did I ever say the state should swoop in and force him to do anything? No. I just called him a douche bag and a terrible christian.

    If you can tell me why having that opinion makes me a terrible libertarian, by all means, do it. I think you just can't form a rebuttal, so you're switching to insults instead.

  7. #577
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    I can see you must have tried the maiden flight on your own, did you, land on the noggin did you, didn't really do much damage, did you?

    Unless you really do not have the capacity to understand the concept we are discussing, ... just wanted you "smart science" folks to tell us sky guy peeps just how this all came about, the fairly ordered universe, you know the atheists "stories" of just being ...they are truly wild and fascinating, but if it is so silly to believe in a god, just where are your solid answers to where gravity, all the rules of physics, come from originally? Come on ....

    I can hear the gears whizzing now...."oh, wait a minute, omg, he is not asking IF there is gravity...he is asking WHERE IT CAME FROM ORIGINALLY, BEFORE BEFORE, matter of fact he is asking where did everything come from, originally?" Totally nothing, not even the thought or whisper or anything of even this nothingness existed [ and if that's not true, where did whatever IS there, where did that come from?] and this nothingness suddenly for some reason just sprang into just being somethingness, matter of fact everythingess, now just where did that all come from then? This decision from nowhere and then the power to actually do...where did it come from? I know, I know this is a bit more mature subject than maybe you are used to ...seeing as how you earlier tried to dumb the question down to something you maybe could actually answer, and then you there was that clumsy/snarky little attempted jibe, ha ha ha, crude but at least made me chuckle about just how much effort you folks expend on the extraneous hoping we will forget about the pertinent...but you see this ploy you are using to avoid ...it just is simply not about the question asked...and so you maybe might try again?

    If not, I understand...

    hmmmm...what to do what to do,huh? Like I said, maybe y'all wanna call Bill Nye, the science guy...maybe he might help you locate the answer...ha ha ha ha
    That is still a mystery, tiger. Mysteries are one of the major reasons religion is such a common characteristic of human society. Science may be able to answer your questions one day. Perhaps not.

  8. #578
    Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 03:23 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    967

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220]

    Uhhh...no.

    First off, take off the caps lock because I can hear you fine. Second, the facts are that Christians are called to be repentant. If one claims to be a follower of Christ, then their life will show evidence of it. If one claims to be a follower of Christ and leads a life of willful rebellion to his teaching, then I'll let you do the logic, and before you try to separate Christ's teaching from that of his Apostles, Jesus himself gave his Apostles authority to speak and teach on his behalf, so no it has not been amended by a higher authority.

    Whether or not the BSA accepts gays is irrelevant. However, if the BSA is using the facility of a group that believes homosexuality is wrong to teach that it is an acceptable behavior, that is another matter entirely, and your condemnation of the claimed bigotry of this pastor becomes as laughable as it is hypocritical.

    FWIW, it strikes me as odd that you pick and choose the teachings of Christ to try to catch someone in a contradiction when you yourselves have precious little knowledge of scripture and what knowledge you do have, you twist and turn for your own sordid means.

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    And that has been amended (by higher authority?) because Jesus dinned with sinners against established religions decrees. And he was killed for it. HE WAS KILLED BECAUSE YOU CANT ACCEPT GAYS (among many other things). He died for (because) of your sins.
    Last edited by jwzg; 06-02-13 at 11:08 AM.

  9. #579
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    That is still a mystery, tiger. Mysteries are one of the major reasons religion is such a common characteristic of human society. Science may be able to answer your questions one day. Perhaps not.
    And should there actually be a god creator, which maybe you do not believe, but if there is... what then will the science guys say? If a creator placed himself outside of the science... thus not allowing these fellows to prove or disprove that higher existence?

    You see, your faith is science, but it is only your faith versus mine. There is, simply put, no superiority of science as science has proven here, to us all, that it is just a belief system not substantially different really from the rest in this regard. All of each belief system rests, for whatever fundamental understanding it has about what all this around us "is" and "where it came from", all rests on an unprovable first premise, so everything from there is not really much more than pure extrapolation, some judging reality, perhaps, hard to really know, better than others. Agreed.

    Main thing to say is, you can no more prove yours right than you can prove ours wrong... sweet and simple.

    would suggest taking your animal-preferencing to a zoo maybe...?

  10. #580
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    And should there actually be a god creator, which maybe you do not believe, but if there is... what then will the science guys say? If a creator placed himself outside of the science... thus not allowing these fellows to prove or disprove that higher existence?

    You see, your faith is science, but it is only your faith versus mine. There is, simply put, no superiority of science as science has proven here, to us all, that it is just a belief system not substantially different really from the rest in this regard. All of each belief system rests, for whatever fundamental understanding it has about what all this around us "is" and "where it came from", all rests on an unprovable first premise, so everything from there is not really much more than pure extrapolation, some judging reality, perhaps, hard to really know, better than others. Agreed.

    Main thing to say is, you can no more prove yours right than you can prove ours wrong... sweet and simple.

    would suggest taking your animal-preferencing to a zoo maybe...?
    What makes you angry at me? Science deals with observable, measurable phenomena. Faith deals with beliefs. They aren't in any way connected. Since science can't observe the creation of our universe, it can only make assumptions from what can be observed. So far that isn't enough to figure it all out. It may never be. What does that have to do with faith?

Page 58 of 91 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •