Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #561
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,988

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    it's AMAZING what you can get used to. I learned that in Vietnam.

    Unfortunately, folks won't be able to get USED to HELL.

    Hell is a greek word meaning the grave.

    you are correct.
    God is NOT a monster.



    Matthew 10.28, "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10.28 KJV bible)

    The opposite of eternal life is eternal DEATH.
    NOT eternal life under torture.

    That's what I read in the Bible.

    Some people refer to being thrown into a lake of fire and think they'll survive that, like the burning bush Moses went to see.


    Everything organic I've ever seen thrown into a fire, was consumed.
    Sure. This man was consumed. But the reverberance of his protest lives on. It doesnt matter if the decree was made by God or not. Unjust punishment is unjust. Infinity torture does not equate to the pain an individual can inflict on everyone in 1 lifetime. Is his ego so big that there must be a timeframe on your redemption? If you realize your mistake while you stand in front of him do you not realize your mistake or do you?

    If I was God I would say, "Try again next time!" And cast them back to the mortal world to be reborn until they learn. I guess I can only hope God is something like me and not like what you want.

    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #562
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    3,328

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    I'm a child of God, and created only a little lower than the angels...and so are you, you just can't accept it yet.
    One day sooner or later, you will.
    I just hope it isn't the LAST day, cause that will be too late.
    No. You are mentally ill. You've spent your life trying to make life as miserable as possible for everyone else and then have the audacity to brag how happy it's made you..........................Oh, the humanity..........................

  3. #563
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,850

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Moderator's Warning:
    Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563] This is the second warning in this thread. I remind all participants to stick to the topic. Failure to do so will result in moderator action.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  4. #564
    Professor
    yobarnacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-26-14 @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Sure. This man was consumed. But the reverberance of his protest lives on. It doesnt matter if the decree was made by God or not. Unjust punishment is unjust. Infinity torture does not equate to the pain an individual can inflict on everyone in 1 lifetime. Is his ego so big that there must be a timeframe on your redemption? If you realize your mistake while you stand in front of him do you not realize your mistake or do you?

    If I was God I would say, "Try again next time!" And cast them back to the mortal world to be reborn until they learn. I guess I can only hope God is something like me and not like what you want.
    The world will be gone. destroyed.
    You get ONE lifetime to make the team. Then, the tryouts are over.
    you can't say it's unfair, simply because you chose to disregard.
    The clock is ticking. You have the information.
    It's decision time and the responsibility is yours. don't wait TOO long!
    If you live long enough, you will live in a foreign country, because the past is foreign to the present. We lived differently then. The only constant is change!

  5. #565
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    The BSA are not a religious organization. I'm sure other groups would be permitted to use the church. I think this is out and out descrimination.
    Would you be just as shocked if they didn't let the local LGBT group hold meetings in it?
    ĒPeople willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.Ē --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #566
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    One day, standing before God, He will say to those who didn't believe, "I don't believe in you either!" POOF! maybe a little vapor left. For effect!


    Matthew 7:23 Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'
    Seriously... seek professional help.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #567
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,157

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    No, it's that he's picked what he thinks is a worse sin, then discriminated on it. (Which he can do, but it doesn't line up with the bible.)

    So let's get this straight:

    - The boy scouts are a sinful organization because they now allow sinners. (homosexuals)
    - There are no gradients of sin. All sin is equal in the eyes of god.
    - We are all sinners.
    - Churches allow humans into their church, which because they're human, are also sinners.

    Therefore, this church is doing the EXACT SAME THING the boyscouts are doing. They're allowing sinners into their congregation (that's the point of a church!)

    You don't see the hypocrasy in this? So the boyscouts previously let those guilty of gluttony, lust, envy, and all the other sins, and that was ok, but as soon as they let homosexuals in, that's a no-no because that sin is worse?

    Show me in the bible where it says homosexuality is a worse sin than the others.
    Your first premise is false so your entire argument fails. I don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. I suppose its more convienent to attack a strawman.

    Gotta love it when so-called libertarians keep to the philosophy only when they find it convienent. Good god, you all are more judgmental than the Christians you constantly whine about.

  8. #568
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Not the anthromophprized sky daddy one for sure
    If I remember correctly, and I DO, I absolutely DID NOT ask you what you didn't believe in, that was already pretty well established.

    Maaaaybe I guess I would more rather, if pushed, know: Which of those super credible and scientifically provable theo...theor...theories...waawaa..wait a second now, theories? Theories, you mean those things that are kinda like made up stories to fit the facts, right...? Man made up stories? [ oh yeah, never mind ]

  9. #569
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Maaaaybe I guess I would more rather, if pushed, know: Which of those super credible and scientifically provable theo...theor...theories...waawaa..wait a second now, theories? Theories, you mean those things that are kinda like made up stories to fit the facts, right...? Man made up stories? [ oh yeah, never mind ]
    Yeah, made up stories.....like Gravity
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #570
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yeah, made up stories.....like Gravity
    Well, you tell me, where did gravity originally come from, why does this even work, why are their such rules in the universe, where did these rules come from? blah blah blah, stuff you cannot answer for the origins of....

    And see, that was not even close to being on target...

Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •