Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #511
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Please read and comprehend the post before hitting the reply button. We are talking about all groups being included, none excluded.
    Yes I know and you are taking it to the the absurd. As if meth heads and gays have anything in common.

  2. #512
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    ummm, no not at all. A straw man is an informal fallacy where you establish a separate similar yet unequivalent proposition that you can then easily dispute aka knock/blow down the straw man. I didn't do that. I can't say the same about you though since that's exactly what you did in your above post.
    Well, lets put that to the test, here is the quote of what I believe is a straw man:

    Quote Originally Posted by Monserrat View Post
    How is getting kids away from the xbox and letting them join or not join in building campfires and whatever else they do (under adult supervision) a negative thing?
    Now, establish for us where I ever said anything about getting kids away from xboxes or not.... or letting them join in building campfires, blah blah...never said it, never alluded to it, do not believe it, they have the freedoms to do what they want with others who would join them... they cannot, however, force people to join them and certainly should not be able to force themselves, unwanted, upon others.

    I never said anything about xboxes or joining in building campfires one way or another.... You imply that I advocate them just continuing on their x boxes and not allowing them to join in making campfires, etc....straw man, my man.

  3. #513
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,729

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    No, it's that he's picked what he thinks is a worse sin, then discriminated on it. (Which he can do, but it doesn't line up with the bible.)

    So let's get this straight:

    - The boy scouts are a sinful organization because they now allow sinners. (homosexuals)
    - There are no gradients of sin. All sin is equal in the eyes of god.
    - We are all sinners.
    - Churches allow humans into their church, which because they're human, are also sinners.

    Therefore, this church is doing the EXACT SAME THING the boyscouts are doing. They're allowing sinners into their congregation (that's the point of a church!)

    You don't see the hypocrasy in this? So the boyscouts previously let those guilty of gluttony, lust, envy, and all the other sins, and that was ok, but as soon as they let homosexuals in, that's a no-no because that sin is worse?

    Show me in the bible where it says homosexuality is a worse sin than the others.
    Precisely. That pastor like so many other people believe that what you do is wrong. They believe it is a sin. They arent hunting you down and they certainly arent thtreatening to kill you, unlike your other gay brethren suggested here earlier in this thread should be done to Christians. They believe homosexuality is a sin and it is wrong. There have been laws on the books in this country and around the world because people believe it is wrong, yes, even 'more wrong' than eating too much. You disagree. Fine. The beauty of it is no one is suggesting you shouldnt be gay. No one is stopping you from being gay, and now, the BSA is even saying you can be a youth and be gay and still be scout. The pastor disagrees with you, and them, and look at how that makes you lose your ****ing mind.

    Be gay. Be VERY happy. Live, love, find true peace and happiness. Many people disagree with you. Their opinion, MY opinion shouldnt matter. That it makes people so angry or that it causes some people to suggest gay folk ought to begin murdering Christians is a pretty good indicator not of how others feel about you but about how you feel about yourself.

  4. #514
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-19-13 @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    891

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220]

    Straight people who engage in anal and oral sex acts are not the targets of such hate. Only Gays are.

    Proving this issue is really just about bigotry against Gays.

  5. #515
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Yes I know and you are taking it to the the absurd. As if meth heads and gays have anything in common.
    Let it go winston... the concepts addressed critically were those of inclusion and exclusion... with me stating that inclusion is not an automatic positive...

    suggestion....Please pursue your happiness elsewhere...

  6. #516
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    As just stated to another poster... you want to include all convicted child molesters as a group to become Boy Scouts members? We certainly should never exclude them, should we? Blah blah blah...
    No I don't."Homosexua"l does not not automatically mean pedophile,just as "Christian" does not automatically mean "bigot".
    Though the jury seems to be out on you on this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    This all should be rather self evident... but should you need additional assistance... maybe check with Sherlock Holmes in helping you ascertain some of the pertinent clues... as sangha assures me Sherlock is on your side of this argument....
    The only thing that seems to be self evident is your own bigotry,seeing how people here seem to be pointing right at it.
    Last edited by Verthaine; 06-01-13 at 03:38 PM.

  7. #517
    Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 08:18 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    967

    Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220]

    Galatians 5:16-24
    New International Version (NIV)
    16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[a] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

    19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

    22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

  8. #518
    Freedom Fighter
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Utopia
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 08:18 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    967

    Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220]

    1 Thessalonians 4:1-8

    New International Version (NIV)
    Living to Please God

    4 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more. 2 For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

    3 It is Godís will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; 4 that each of you should learn to control your own body[a] in a way that is holy and honorable, 5 not in passionate lust like the pagans, who do not know God; 6 and that in this matter no one should wrong or take advantage of a brother or sister.[b] The Lord will punish all those who commit such sins, as we told you and warned you before. 7 For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life. 8 Therefore, anyone who rejects this instruction does not reject a human being but God, the very God who gives you his Holy Spirit.

  9. #519
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Let it go winston... the concepts addressed critically were those of inclusion and exclusion... with me stating that inclusion is not an automatic positive...

    suggestion....Please pursue your happiness elsewhere...
    You were trying to compare for inclusion a disease (addiction) to a non-diseased healthy populace (gays).

  10. #520
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaugingcatenate View Post
    Ha ha ha....
    Hey, sorry, am ever so slightly busy at the mo, gonna have to sit this one out for a while....

    But....thankfully you seem to know your stuff already , so why don't you give us all the definitive proof against it...
    I don't have to for these two reasons.
    1-I already stated that none of us can accurately predict the future.
    2-There is none.

    Nice attempt at a dodge,though.

Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •