Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #241
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The Boy Scouts decided to change their policy re allowing homosexuals. Personally...where it involves scouting youth, I have no problem with it. Others see it as a change in policy accepting homosexuality...what they classify as a 'sin'. To those individuals you should no sooner embrace homosexuals in their organization as you would make a known and open adulterer prayer leader and let them hold swing meetings in the chapel annex. That part of the 'Gospel' which you site but ALWAYS forget is still telling. "GO FORTH AND SIN NO MORE". Christ did not say embrace all sinful behavior. He didnt say accept, tolerate, and allow sinful behavior. He modeled love toward the individual with the UNDENIABLE clarity of judgment of the behavior. Go forth...and sin no more. Tell a group of people "come on in...and keep sinnin' like a rock star" is not consistent with that Christian model you attempted to use in your judgment of the pastor. And SINCE you are all about this Christian ideology, you might have some 'splainin to do with regard to your overt judgment of the pastor yourself. Or does that whole nonjudgmental/hypocrite thing only apply to others?
    1) Allowing homosexuals in your organization is not condoning their behavior. If they want to simultaneously speak out against them, they're free to do so, so your "Sin no more" reference makes no sense. They're not encouraging anybody to continue sinning.

    2) You've refused once again to provide a verse reference showing that non-discrimination is a sin. Most likely because it isn't, and you're simply reaching.

    3) I'm no longer a christian, but I don't discriminate based on religion or sexual preference. I treat people equally. That doesn't mean I won't look them in the eyes and tell them I disagree with them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    Didn't you JUST get done saying that "there are no gradients of sin. So maybe he has a beer belly, or occaisonally thinks about sex. Both of those are sins and he's equally as sinful."

    Any REAL Christian understands that actively raping boys and having a beer belly are equal in the eyes of God, right?


    ... NAMBLA is no different. They simply let sinners in.
    In the eyes of god, they are equal. In the eyes of the law and our society, they are vastly different. One is a violent crime with a victim, and one isn't.

  2. #242
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    1) Allowing homosexuals in your organization is not condoning their behavior. If they want to simultaneously speak out against them, they're free to do so, so your "Sin no more" reference makes no sense. They're not encouraging anybody to continue sinning.

    2) You've refused once again to provide a verse reference showing that non-discrimination is a sin. Most likely because it isn't, and you're simply reaching.

    3) I'm no longer a christian, but I don't discriminate based on religion or sexual preference. I treat people equally. That doesn't mean I won't look them in the eyes and tell them I disagree with them.
    Point of fact is that the people you 'disagree with' dont feel the same way and feel that allowing for homosexual behavior is in fact condoning it. I get that where people dont agree with you that makes them all kinds of wrong in your eyes. Remarkably...they feel the same way about you. So you have that going for you. Ive cited the verse several times...you just dont like it cuz it kinda kills your argument. Christ loved the sinner...but did not condone the sin. SIN NO MORE. Pauls letters were pretty clear and direct as well. SIN NO MORE. That is about as direct as can be. And while you may not claim to discriminate, boy you sure dont have a problem judging people, do you. Especially people who dont agree with you and causes you embrace.

  3. #243
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by yobarnacle View Post
    The problem is gays want recognition that they are okay and normal and they want to flaunt themselves.

    !
    WTF are you talking about? These are young scouts for crying out loud.

  4. #244
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    . Christ loved the sinner...but did not condone the sin. SIN NO MORE. .
    He still woudn't have booted their ass.

  5. #245
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Really? Tell me then why I feel hostile towards the Catholic church. You seem to have me all figured out. This should be asy for you.

    Many former Catholics have issues be it the parochial schools and how indoctrination was overly focused on sin and not redemption, issues with policies like birth control (you cannot put a rubber on your willie) which have no biblical basis, issues with the church hierarchy, etc.


    And this means what exactly? Last time I checked, both claim to follow the teachings of Christ.
    The Catholic church has a strict hierarchy. Baptists do not have one. The Catholic Church the priest has the authority to excommunicate a member. In the Baptists it is the Congregation that does that. The Catholic Church pratices "closed communion". Most Baptists have open communion as long as the person is a confessing Christian. The Catholic Church interpets communion as becoming the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. Baptists generaly belive that it is a Symbol of the Same. These are just some of the points on doctrine that are different.


    T
    he guy who wouold have never thrown anyone out of his house. A point you have yet to admit or
    get past.

    First, Jesus did not have a home of his own. Second, we are not talking about individuals but an organization that countances what the pastor considers sin. Thus the rejection of that orginization. I'm sure the pastor would be willing to council any gay person on the point of it being a sin and telling them that if they repent they can be forgiven and then not to engage in the sin again.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  6. #246
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,692

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    He still woudn't have booted their ass.
    Really? He wasnt exactly tolerant of the money changers in the temple was he?

  7. #247
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Really? He wasnt exactly tolerant of the money changers in the temple was he?
    Think prostitute. It's not like they would be humping in church.. Honestly.

  8. #248
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,572

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Point of fact is that the people you 'disagree with' dont feel the same way and feel that allowing for homosexual behavior is in fact condoning it. I get that where people dont agree with you that makes them all kinds of wrong in your eyes. Remarkably...they feel the same way about you. So you have that going for you. Ive cited the verse several times...you just dont like it cuz it kinda kills your argument. Christ loved the sinner...but did not condone the sin. SIN NO MORE. Pauls letters were pretty clear and direct as well. SIN NO MORE. That is about as direct as can be. And while you may not claim to discriminate, boy you sure dont have a problem judging people, do you. Especially people who dont agree with you and causes you embrace.
    You've quoted one verse over and over again "Sin no more", yet you haven't once shown how not-discriminating is condoning sin or is a sin itself. The fact is, christians have chosen homosexuality to be a worse sin, while they tolerate and ignore their own sins.

    I'd like to see christians persecuting masturbaters and gluttons with the same passion they persecute homosexuals. Hell, homosexuality isn't even one of the seven deadly sins, and gluttony is. Why have we seen no churches kicking out fat people? Apparently according to you, all churches who allow fat people in their church are equal to the boyscouts. This is of course ignoring the fact that simply being human is a sin.

  9. #249
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    First, Jesus did not have a home of his own. .
    LOLOLOLOL You're killing me here. I actually have to explain to you that i was referring to a place of worship? Really?

  10. #250
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    Many former Catholics have issues be it the parochial schools and how indoctrination was overly focused on sin and not redemption, issues with policies like birth control (you cannot put a rubber on your willie) which have no biblical basis, issues with the church hierarchy, etc..
    Well you'd be wrong. Although some of what you're saying applies. For me however, the CC's criminal cover up of rampant sexual crimes against young children is unconscionable. Add that to their subsequent convenient bankruptcy filings and the hypocrisy is beyond the pale for me.

Page 25 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •