Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #221
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You are manipulating Christian beliefs to suit your argument. Christ would never ban anyone from his place of worship. That is the fundamental flaw in your argument that you simply can't get past.
    We are not talking about individuals but are talking about an orginization the BSA. The BSA has no soul and therefore no soul to save so the comment abouut Christ would not apply. The BSA has made a policy decision that essentially states homosexuality is not wrong that is not a sin.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  2. #222
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Who said I'm a non-Christian? For the record, I am a recovering Catholic.
    Well that explains your hostility. You do realize that the Baptists are not like the Catholic Church do you?
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  3. #223
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    Not discriminating is not a sin, therefore the boyscouts have not sinned. They simply now allow gays into their organization, just like any real church would.

    Do you believe a church that actually followed the bible would turn away a gay person trying to come to sunday service?
    Wow...do you REALLY think that dodge is going to work?

    Love sinners...but do not excuse sin. People ALWAYS rush to use Christ to justify their position when it is convenient but ignore the inconvenient parts. Christ absolutely showed love to the prostitute. He showed caring and compassion. He also directed her very clearly...go forth and sin no more. but...well...lets just gloss over that part.

    There are no perfect people. We all fall short. Many do NOT believe homosexuality is a sin and GOOD ON THEM. They should live, love and be happy. Many believe in God and follow Christs teachings (though some just use them when it is as mentioned earlier...convenient). The preacher in question believes in the word of God and does not believe homosexuality...a sin...should be allowed. His faith...his practice...his choice. Some very judgmental types (irony there, right?) have quickly pounced on his position because he dares to not agree with them.

  4. #224
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,309

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    We are not talking about individuals but are talking about an orginization the BSA. The BSA has no soul and therefore no soul to save so the comment abouut Christ would not apply. The BSA has made a policy decision that essentially states homosexuality is not wrong that is not a sin.
    Wow, you do go to great lengths to polish turds I'll give you that.

  5. #225
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    That is strictly your opinion.

    What sort of bias do you infer?
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  6. #226
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Wow...do you REALLY think that dodge is going to work?

    Love sinners...but do not excuse sin. People ALWAYS rush to use Christ to justify their position when it is convenient but ignore the inconvenient parts. Christ absolutely showed love to the prostitute. He showed caring and compassion. He also directed her very clearly...go forth and sin no more. but...well...lets just gloss over that part.

    There are no perfect people. We all fall short. Many do NOT believe homosexuality is a sin and GOOD ON THEM. They should live, love and be happy. Many believe in God and follow Christs teachings (though some just use them when it is as mentioned earlier...convenient). The preacher in question believes in the word of God and does not believe homosexuality...a sin...should be allowed. His faith...his practice...his choice. Some very judgmental types (irony there, right?) have quickly pounced on his position because he dares to not agree with them.
    I didn't gloss anything over. Jesus never would've banned a sinner from a temple, period. The fact is, this preacher is equally as sinful in the eyes of god. There are no gradients of sin. So maybe he has a beer belly, or occaisonally thinks about sex. Both of those are sins and he's equally as sinful. The boyscouts didn't even sin, they just allowed a few people in who did sin (just like EVERY human being on the planet)

    Denying people access to your church because you think they're sinners is the exact opposite of christianity. Too many people are making **** up to fuel their hate. This guy is a terrible christian and apparently wouldn't know the bible from his own asshole.

  7. #227
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,309

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    Well that explains your hostility.
    Really? Tell me then why I feel hostile towards the Catholic church. You seem to have me all figured out. This should be asy for you.



    You do realize that the Baptists are not like the Catholic Church do you?
    And this means what exactly? Last time I checked, both claim to follow the teachings of Christ. The guy who wouold have never thrown anyone out of his house. A point you have yet to admit or
    get past.

  8. #228
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,728

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I didn't gloss anything over. Jesus never would've banned a sinner from a temple, period. The fact is, this preacher is equally as sinful in the eyes of god. There are no gradients of sin. So maybe he has a beer belly, or occaisonally thinks about sex. Both of those are sins and he's equally as sinful. The boyscouts didn't even sin, they just allowed a few people in who did sin (just like EVERY human being on the planet)

    Denying people access to your church because you think they're sinners is the exact opposite of christianity. Too many people are making **** up to fuel their hate. This guy is a terrible christian and apparently wouldn't know the bible from his own asshole.
    Good thing you arent judgmental or anything...

    Now...about that go forth and sin no more thing...

  9. #229
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    The BSA has made a policy decision that essentially states homosexuality is not wrong that is not a sin.
    It is a sin to lie

    BSA has made no statement that could be reasonably interpreted to mean that they think "homosexuality is not wrong" or that it is not a sin
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #230
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,588

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Good thing you arent judgmental or anything...

    Now...about that go forth and sin no more thing...
    If you can tell me that there is one person on earth who hasn't sinned, I'll capitulate.

    Or even better, if you can tell me how not-discriminating is a sin, I'll also capitulate. (I'd like to see the bible verse)

    By letting someone into your church you're not condoning every sin they've ever committed. You're simply giving yourself an opportunity to preach to them.

    Picking and choosing which sins you think are worse than others is distinctly contradictory with the bible.

Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •