Page 19 of 91 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #181
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The first time I gave you the benefit of the doubt. Please employ spell check.

    Spell check is not working.



    Yes, being a hypocrical bigot has its pain.
    I'm pointing out the Christian point of view. The Church should not alow other orginizations to use their facilities that are counter to their beliefs. It is no diffrent from private orginizations who would do the same for the same reason.


    Thanks for clarifying that you are just like Greg.

    How am I like Greg?
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  2. #182
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,581

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Well apparently in this case what they believe is unacceptable to some or it would not be discussed; ergo people are not just letting them be. I have different issues with the southern baptists than this. I think their belief that only a baptism will get you into heaven and as long as you are baptized you will go to heaven no matter what sin you commit a far greater stretch from the text than whether or not to let Boy Scouts meet in their basement.
    I haven't seen anybody suggesting they be forced to accept the Boy Scouts, but it's simply our right to stare down our noses condescendingly at them.

  3. #183
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    They'd be a poor example of what you think is the Christian faith. My church is welcoming to gays, we have an asst. pastor who is gay, and our Boy Scout troop openly went against the BSA's ban.
    Then your version of Christianity is diffrent from that pastor's. All I can advise you can keep to your version and the pastor and their members can keep to theirs.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  4. #184
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    The man claims to be Christian. Yet his actions are the antithesis of Christ like. But hey, it's his right to be a dickhead.
    Certainly you can see the hilarity in a non-christian defining what is "Christ like".

  5. #185
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Serious View Post
    Spell check is not working.



    I'm pointing out the Christian point of view. The Church should not alow other orginizations to use their facilities that are counter to their beliefs. It is no diffrent from private orginizations who would do the same for the same reason.





    How am I like Greg?
    You are manipulating Christian beliefs to suit your argument. Christ would never ban anyone from his place of worship. That is the fundamental flaw in your argument that you simply can't get past.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post

    but it's simply our right to stare down our noses condescendingly at them.
    They will be the ones in a pink uniform twirling their handbags..

  7. #187
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Certainly you can see the hilarity in a non-christian defining what is "Christ like".
    Who said I'm a non-Christian? For the record, I am a recovering Catholic.

  8. #188
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,581

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    They will be the ones in a pink uniform twirling their handbags..
    Really? I haven't seen any preachers wearing such a thing. You should get out more.

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    You are manipulating Christian beliefs to suit your argument. Christ would never ban anyone from his place of worship. That is the fundamental flaw in your argument that you simply can't get past.
    You must have forgotten Matthew 33:282 "And Jesus said 'Get out of my temple faggot, you're not welcome here.' "

  9. #189
    Professor
    Shadow Serious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    07-18-14 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Most churches make money. Why should they be exempt? If their charitable work is enough to offset them paying tax then I'm fine with it.

    No, churches do not "make money", the communicants donate to the church for ongoing expenses and to mission work. That said, if the church does have a business or property that produces revenue than that could be taxed but not the church as an orginization itself.
    An Enlightened Master is ideal only if your goal is to become a Benighted Slave. -- Robert Anton Wilson

  10. #190
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    They will be the ones in a pink uniform twirling their handbags..
    I know a openly gay minister. He doesn't do that.

Page 19 of 91 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •