Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 901

Thread: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker[W:220:563]

  1. #101
    Guru
    Verthaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 02:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,044

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    You've just put words into my mouth..now you can report me for something I have never said..
    Actually,no I didn't.I said you implied it.
    Dictionary and Thesaurus - Merriam-Webster Online <---Learn how to use this also.

    I'm not the only one who thinks that's exactly what you are implying.

    Maybe you should learn how to communicate better.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    It was an honest question I asked you on my part also.
    My avatar and the fact that I have mentioned the fact that I am black many times on this forum gives me reasonable right to ask that question.
    You have displayed bigotry toward gays many,many,times on this forum,so it was not unreasonable of me to ask if you are bigoted toward black's also.

    I wouldn't throw the word "paranoid" around so casually if I were you.
    I was not being aggressive..I asked a simple question..and no..I will not buy your book..

    My avatar is a wolf...(Hooooowl)

    You are nuts..

  3. #103
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    I have to agree with you on this one.

    But that does not mean we here cannot criticize,condemn,make fun off,or laugh at that Pastor for doing what he did.
    What we here cannot do is prevent that pastor from HAVING his beliefs and opinions.
    Having beliefs and opinions does not automatically grant a person a ticker-tape parade and a rousing round of "huzzahs and he's a jolly good fellow"..
    I am not saying people are not free to criticize, but this story will be repeated over and over and over again at churches all over the country as gay scouts pop out. My faith is about my relationship with God, not my church's guest policy. It is fairly obvious that the Bible does not rejoice homosexuality no matter how one wants to spin or equivocate about it politically. If people reject those doctrines or pretend the words are not there, then that is their right, but they are still part of the text underpinning the faith.

  4. #104
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    So is the possibility of you molesting people.Or doing worse.
    Humans are capable of practically anything.
    No one here says you or anyone else here are doing it though.
    wolfie isn't entirely offbase, nor are you. There's a reason we are told not to go grocery shopping when we're hungry - it affects our shopping. Young ones on the cusp of or into puberty are generally at the mercy of their hormones, their urges are strong and have not yet learned the control over their desires that adults [should] have. That's one of the reasons for adult supervision at these camps.

    If anything is going to happen, it will happen because one is attracted to the other. That's not going to happen with a group of all heterosexual boys.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    10-27-13 @ 03:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,229

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Verthaine View Post
    So is the possibility of you molesting people.Or doing worse.
    Humans are capable of practically anything.
    No one here says you or anyone else here are doing it though.
    I have never been put into a position where same sex people found me attractive...

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    If that were my church I believe I'd find another one. But the wonderful thing about this country is that he has the right to do that. I won't go so far as to say what he is doing is not Christian though. I see a lot of people do that, many of which are not Christians themselves and so are throwing an uninformed opinion about what it means to be a Christian. For instance, many seem to believe that Christians are supposed to be pacifists which is not necessarily the case. Regardless, there as many flavors of Christianity and they each seem to have their own opinions on subjects such as this. I know, I know, but before anybody starts bashing the religion at large, lefts keep in mind how many different interpretations of the Constitution there are here, and that document is only a couple of hundred years old as opposed to how old biblical text is.

    Anyway, my church is Pentecostal. My pastor refers to it as "Pentecostal with seatbelts" because we don't have people running up and down the aisles, flopping on the ground and playing with snakes and stuff. We do have one guy who will occasionally break out in tongues, but he's 84 years old and I'm not telling Marvin to knock it off. In fact we had been going to this church for nearly a year before we knew it was Pentecostal. We thought it was non denominational. Anyway, we don't have the same outlook on gay people. In fact there are an inordinately large number of them in our mission masters group, a 2 year resident college program. Evidently people think they can church the gay out of their kids. It doesn't work that way, and we love them anyway.

    One of our executive pastor's daughters posted something interesting on Facebook about a month ago. It said "don't judge people because they sin differently than you do".

    Amen

  7. #107
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    If the boy scouts were allowed to meet there before and now they are not because of gays being permitted to be in BSA then it is biased.
    No different or more biased than hospitals that used to let people smoke on their premises no longer allowing them to. The owner of the property makes the rules for their guests. Don't like the rules--don't go there.

  8. #108
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,125

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    I don't know. I don't care. It is their property to do with as they see fit. Have the Scout meeting at the Gay and Lesbian Center if they will let them for all I care. So sad the leftist cannot force the evil Christian Church to become secular Darwinist Societies
    Do you post anything that isn't a strawman these days?

    It's their property, that's fine. But face a little truth here - this change in policy doesn't suddenly mean there will be gay scouts anymore than the previous ban meant that there were none. Obviously, this Pastor either lives in the dark or is extremely naive that he thinks it really changes anything.

    He got good press from this, and I'm sure when he runs for Congress it'll help him secure the extreme right, or a few more hate-filled people will file into his pews.

    So sad that the righties can't own the Scouts anymore


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Do you post anything that isn't a strawman these days?

    It's their property, that's fine. But face a little truth here - this change in policy doesn't suddenly mean there will be gay scouts anymore than the previous ban meant that there were none. Obviously, this Pastor either lives in the dark or is extremely naive that he thinks it really changes anything.

    He got good press from this, and I'm sure when he runs for Congress it'll help him secure the extreme right, or a few more hate-filled people will file into his pews.

    So sad that the righties can't own the Scouts anymore
    I could give a crap about the scouts. All the ones I ever knew were losers so you can have them--gay, straight, black or white

  10. #110
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Boy Scouts Banned By Alabama Pastor Greg Walker

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Well, it's a church, for God's sake. They are no more obligated to let someone, with whom they disagree ideologically, use their facilities, than you and I are, to let a racist homophobe use our homes for their own purposes. Freedom of speech and association and all.
    This thread isn't about whether to take any of their rights away. It is about whether to consider the pastor a jerk, which is obviously a separate issue. And, he is in fact a jerk. Just because he has a right to be a jerk doesn't mean he needs to go ahead and be one.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •