Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 299

Thread: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]

  1. #61
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    All of them??? It was reported that none were declined status...and the IRS couldn't be wrong...
    Here is a link I found in the OP article:
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...it_Report1.pdf


  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Here is a link I found in the OP article:
    http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/msnbc/se...it_Report1.pdf
    Good for you! and your point is? Perhaps this:

    For the 296 total political campaign intervention applications TIGTA reviewed as of December 17, 2012, 108 had been approved, 28 were withdrawn by the applicant, none had been denied.
    from your link

    Again, considering none were denied, all were exclusively or primarily deal with "social welfare" else they would have been denied???
    Last edited by Dickieboy; 05-29-13 at 11:58 PM.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  3. #63
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Good for you! and your point is? Perhaps this:


    from your link

    Again, considering none were denied, all were exclusively or primarily deal with "social welfare" else they would have been denied???
    I have no idea. I don't blame you for being pissed, but I think if you are blaming the Obama administration for this, in my opinion, you're pissing into the wind.


  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I have no idea. I don't blame you for being pissed, but I think if you are blaming the Obama administration for this, in my opinion, you're pissing into the wind.
    I'm pissed that you have no idea what your point is??? nope

    As to blaming the Obama administration, I have not yet as there is no evidence of it yet and frankly I doubt if there were it would ever surface. BUT the folks around him have certainly bumbled the messaging of this issue. It wouldn't surprise me to find out that BHO is seething over these blunders as they ensure that his efforts will be even that much more difficult in the near future.
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  5. #65
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    liberalism is a mental disorder you just proved it. I never said i had a list of 65 progressive groups
    if you want the list give Washington Post a call. they didn't give a list they just wrote in there IRS analysis that 65 progressive groups were approved
    I know you need to try to be civil on forum post but dam people like you make it impossible
    The Washington Post did not say that 65 progressive groups were approved.

    Where did your claim come from? Where did any legitimate news service say that 65 progressive groups were approved while only 3 conservative groups were approved?

    Even the completely disingenuous Fox report didnt go that far. And they ignored 47 groups that contained the words patriot and constitution which were approved over the same period.

    What the Washinton Post article said is that the IRS approved a total of 65 groups which contained the words "progress" or "progressive" for ANY non profit status. This included religious groups, medical groups, and other groups that have nothing to do with politics. It also included legitimate progressive 527 political groups.

    What we do know is that the vast majority of the groups which were investigated DESERVED to be investigated. So too did another 144 groups. It's possible/probable that the group of 144 which wasn't investigated contained a higher percentage of liberal groups than were in the 298 which were investigated. The scandal is that groups weren't investigated.


    (FYI, you're not civil)

  6. #66
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    wrong
    it is posts such as yours that are the shameless displays of partisanship in this matter
    when testifying before congress the IG was asked if he saw any indication that the (objectionable) screening methods used by the IRS employees
    had any indication of being politically biased
    his response
    "NO"

    he, the IG, observed no partisanship
    but you and those of your political stripe have certainly made this a partisan political matter
    where it did not actually exist
    This post is a great example of what happens when blind partisanship meets intellectual dishonesty.

    *NEWSFLASH*

    The IRS THEMSELVES have already admitted there was a bias. It isn't like this is some wild allegation by conservatives. It came directly from the IRS. Are you really going to sit here and pretend that this fact is somehow irrelevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.

  7. #67
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    This post is a great example of what happens when blind partisanship meets intellectual dishonesty.

    *NEWSFLASH*

    The IRS THEMSELVES have already admitted there was a bias. It isn't like this is some wild allegation by conservatives. It came directly from the IRS. Are you really going to sit here and pretend that this fact is somehow irrelevant?
    I can see how you would think that, but it isn't exactly the case. The IRS has admitted to and apologized for using "tea party", "patriots", and "912" as part of the criteria to determine excess political activity.

    This is certainly politically insensitive, and it is certainly unacceptable for an organization like the IRS to engage in anything that looks remotely like partisanship. However it is not bias.

    The reason is that almost all abuse by 501c groups after citizens united was done by conservative groups.

    Before citizens united, political spending by 501c organizations was small and and almost exclusively liberal. The NRA was about the only legitimate conservative 501c4 group. After citizens united, political spending by liberal groups remained essentially constant, but conservatives spending exploded, from a few percent to 85-90%.

    It's not biased if most of your investigations target conservatives if conservatives are committing most of the abuse. Just like it wasn't abusive for the IRS to examine liberal groups which exploded under Bush.

    We can't like abuses when they benefit us, and call it tyrannical when they don't.

  8. #68
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Fabulous View Post
    This post is a great example of what happens when blind partisanship meets intellectual dishonesty.

    *NEWSFLASH*

    The IRS THEMSELVES have already admitted there was a bias. It isn't like this is some wild allegation by conservatives. It came directly from the IRS. Are you really going to sit here and pretend that this fact is somehow irrelevant?
    the acting commissioner, miller, never made such an acknowledgement
    when testifying, he made a point to note that no groups were "targeted"
    while he did not endorse the methodology used to sort those cases approvable by merit (application information only) versus those requiring deeper analysis, he noted, as did the IG, that there was NO political partisanship evident by those actions

    again, the partisanship here is all yours, and that of your ilk
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    I can see how you would think that, but it isn't exactly the case. The IRS has admitted to and apologized for using "tea party", "patriots", and "912" as part of the criteria to determine excess political activity.

    This is certainly politically insensitive, and it is certainly unacceptable for an organization like the IRS to engage in anything that looks remotely like partisanship. However it is not bias.




    I guess you wont admit it to you actually see it for your self



    Miller under Oath admits it was Partisans

    pull your head out of you ass

    It's not biased if most of your investigations target conservatives if conservatives are committing most of the abuse. Just like it wasn't abusive for the IRS to examine liberal groups which exploded under Bush.

    We can't like abuses when they benefit us, and call it tyrannical when they don't.
    If the conservatives groups was committing most of the abuse as you falsely claim then why wasn't any of them denied status? not one was denied they was just put in limbo for over 27 months. during that same time two liberal group were denied status. so compare the two. who were the abusers?

    You need to stop getting your info from msnbc mother jones and buzz feed because they treat you like mushroom they keep you in the dark and feed you crap. and don't claim you don't because if you didn't you would have known what i just told you

    educate your self im not out to make you look like fool but you just make it so easy to do so

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Obama's Gestapo at the IRS also targeted Jewish Groups

    IRS Crosses Green Line | Washington Free Beacon

    A Washington Free Beacon investigation has identified at least five pro-Israel organizations that have been audited by the IRS in the wake of a coordinated campaign by White House-allied activist groups in 2009 and 2010.

    These organizations, some of which are too afraid of government reprisals to speak publicly, say in interviews with the Free Beacon that they now believe the IRS actions may have been coordinated by the Obama administration.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •