Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 299

Thread: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    would you please post that list of "liberal" groups and share with us how you KNOW that they are, in fact, liberal


    the information and numbers came from a Washington post analysis of IRS data they did not give a list

    safe_image.jpg

    "Groups with the word “progressive” in their names suffered no similar slowdown. The number of approvals for those groups increased each year, from 17 in 2009 to 30 in 2012, the data show."

    http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...oup-irs-kenney

    it is very safe to assume groups with "progressive" in thier name are liberal
    Last edited by trfjr; 05-29-13 at 03:49 PM.

  2. #42
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    the information and numbers came from a Washington post analysis of IRS data they did not give a list

    safe_image.jpg
    you've hacked then because someone using your handle said they compiled a list:
    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    i was assuming you was replying to me because I also asked the same question and made a list of liberal groups that were definitely political in nature and they received their approval. So i apologize
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #43
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you've hacked then because someone
    using your handle said they compiled a list:
    Why you libs insist on

  4. #44
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    We want a Government that doesn't act like the Checka

    That's what isn't good for America
    I want the truth, but I am hopeful that the truth is that this is an isolated scandal. I don't WANT the President or anyone in his administration to be involved.

    I can't imagine how anyone who cares about the country would WANT that to be the case.

    I would suspect they had a different agenda than what is good for the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  5. #45
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,156

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Why you libs insist on
    the truth
    i realize it is usually foreign to your side
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    you've hacked then because someone using your handle said they compiled a list:
    Did you read the thread? no you didnt becuase if you did you would have seen the post with the list i was refering. to here it is

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    Would you describe these groups as primarily political in nature?

    • Bus for Progress, a New Jersey non-profit that uses a red, white and blue bus to "drive the progressive change." According to its website, its mission includes "support (for) progressive politicians with the courage to serve the people's interests and make tough choices." It got an IRS approval as a social welfare group in April 2011.

    • Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment says it fights against corporate welfare and for increasing the minimum wage. "It would be fair to say we're on the progressive end of the spectrum," said executive director Jeff Ordower. He said the group got tax-exempt status in September 2011 in just nine months after "a pretty simple, straightforward process."

    • Progress Florida, granted tax-exempt status in January 2011, is lobbying the Florida Legislature to expand Medicaid under a provision of the Affordable Care Act, one of President Obama's signature accomplishments. The group did not return phone calls. "We're busy fighting to build a more progressive Florida and cannot take your call right now," the group's voice mail said

    they got their approval as little as 9 months.

    the IRS approved 65 liberal groups. during the same time frame they only approved 3 conservative groups
    Not one conservative group got denied so they couldn't even make an appear. they was just left in limbo for over 27 months and most are still waiting
    If you would inform your self and know a little what the hell your talking about you would look less like a fool

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-08-13 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,114

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptinSarcastic View Post
    I want the truth, but I am hopeful that the truth is that this is an isolated scandal. I don't WANT the President or anyone in his administration to be involved.

    I can't imagine how anyone who cares about the country would WANT that to be the case.

    I would suspect they had a different agenda than what is good for the country.
    If you are all about the truth you wouldn't care where it leads. the truth has no bias. you do

  8. #48
    Educator
    CaptinSarcastic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    07-18-16 @ 03:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,199

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    If you are all about the truth you wouldn't care where it leads. the truth has no bias. you do
    No, that is totally wrong.

    Let me explain for the folks who's bias eliminates their ability for rational thought...

    I want the truth, whatever it is, but I am hopeful the truth does not hurt the country. Let me give you a scenario where your hatred of the President won't cloud your ability to understand.

    People have, and continue to, accuse President bush of being complicit in 9/11. I wanted the truth of 9/11 but I prayed that our President had nothing to do with it. I didn't like Bush, but the damage to the country if that turned out to be the case would have been devastating.

    Of course we care where the truth leads, but that does not preclude us from wanting to know what the truth is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I do not believe any amount of people committing suicide with firearms justifies requiring firearm sellers to preach to customers about suicide regardless if it would or wouldn't save those who commit suicide.

  9. #49
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by trfjr View Post
    the information and numbers came from a Washington post analysis of IRS data they did not give a list

    safe_image.jpg

    "Groups with the word “progressive” in their names suffered no similar slowdown. The number of approvals for those groups increased each year, from 17 in 2009 to 30 in 2012, the data show."

    Groups that sought tax-exempt status say IRS dealings were a nightmare - Washington Post

    it is very safe to assume groups with "progressive" in thier name are liberal
    You mean the list that lumps religious groups like the Progressive Baptist Church, medical groups like the "Progressive Care Center", and political 527's and compares them to politically activist 501(c)(4)'s? You mean the list Fox News completely misrepresented? The one that also mentions 47 groups with patriot or constitution that were approved during the time that 3 'conservative' were approved?

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i asked for the list of 65 LIBERAL organizations you said you had compiled, and i asked for information about how they were determined to be LIBERAL
    you did not respond to that request
    thus, i must conclude your post was a lie, otherwise you could easily have submitted the list of LIBERAL organizations and explained how they were found to be LIBERAL
    just more made up bull **** because you have nothing else to use to slam the president
    I said I had a list compiled? Show me where I said that. Quote me

    We don't need to know how liberal groups were determined. You're engaging in a laughable strawman and attempting a comical and embarrassing premise. We know how these Conservative Groups were targeted. Specifically keywords like "Constitution" and "Bill of Rights" were used. We know that liberals don't believe in those things so obviously they were not given special attention and targeted with Gestapo tactics. You're just laughably bleeting MM talking points. It's embarrassing.

    how you cited the Obama organization
    let's look at how your referenced articled referenced that now non-profit entity:

    what about that says it is engaged in political elections activities?
    of course it sailed thru on the merit of the information contained in the application. if you read the IG report it explained that there were a number of MERIT exemptions for that reason

    now, a distinction needs to be made
    that Obama organization was approved as a 501c3
    what is in dispute was those applying for 501c4

    there is a significant distinction between the two, and that distinction is salient to this conversation
    You can't be serious

    Conservative group says IRS approved nonprofit status after applying with

    When September 2012 arrived with still no word from the IRS, Ryun determined that Media Trackers would likely never obtain standalone nonprofit status, and he tried a new approach: He applied for permanent nonprofit status for a separate group called Greenhouse Solutions, a pre-existing organization that was reaching the end of its determination period.
    Social justice is political and a liberal agenda. I know you and other Obama cult members want to dance around with clown shoes and claim Social Justice is not a left wing political agenda, but it doesn't change the fact that is it. Social Justice is code speak for Marxist wealth redistribution. Oh we get it. If it's your political pet cause it isn't political, but advocating for The Constitution and the Bill of Rights is right? I don't expect anything less from you and PB than outright rationalization and defense of Gestapo tactics.

    It is beyond refute the IRS was engaging in political corruption and holding groups based upon ideology to different standards. Shame on you both.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •