Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 299

Thread: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]

  1. #281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,263

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Move back one post...
    Have honey give me a call ... I'll back you up.

  2. #282
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Have honey give me a call ... I'll back you up.
    Thanks bubba, but this is something I'll need to address...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=AlabamaPaul;1061944168]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    I don't think he's a boogie man either. You do seem to be blind to his actions though.

    I placed you on a personal ignore once, but you have somewhat overcome the reason for that. Hopefully, we can avoid a recurrence...
    not at all blind to his faults ... you know that ... although the problems I have with him are by and large not the same ones you have ... I think calling him a Marxist is silly at best, but a cheap shot to undermine him at worst ... but you have every right to do that and I realize that there is nothing I can do about that ... on the other hand, I wish you were right ... that's how apart we are on that Paul ...

    I didn't overcome anything Paul, you just decided to engage me again, for whatever reason ... but I doubt that I will engage you much in the near future given your recent posts ... they're unlike anything you used to post and I find it disturbing ... even when we differed, most of the time you were reasonable ...

    have a good one ... I'm off to a wedding ...

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    I want to but ...

    loved it ... a good laugh to get off on ... another time bubba ...

  5. #285
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061944373]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post

    not at all blind to his faults ... you know that ... although the problems I have with him are by and large not the same ones you have ... I think calling him a Marxist is silly at best, but a cheap shot to undermine him at worst ... but you have every right to do that and I realize that there is nothing I can do about that ... on the other hand, I wish you were right ... that's how apart we are on that Paul ...

    I didn't overcome anything Paul, you just decided to engage me again, for whatever reason ... but I doubt that I will engage you much in the near future given your recent posts ... they're unlike anything you used to post and I find it disturbing ... even when we differed, most of the time you were reasonable ...

    have a good one ... I'm off to a wedding ...
    You need to come visit. We're just up the road a piece...

    bj, we can have rational discussions about many subjects, but the President and his actions don't seem to fit into that category when on a political website. I wish your son and his new bride much happiness in their future together.

    Be well, and we'll chat again. ROLL TIDE ROLL...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  6. #286
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=AlabamaPaul;1061944391]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    You need to come visit. We're just up the road a piece...

    bj, we can have rational discussions about many subjects, but the President and his actions don't seem to fit into that category when on a political website. I wish your son and his new bride much happiness in their future together.

    Be well, and we'll chat again. ROLL TIDE ROLL...
    I'll tell my son and his future wife that someone who has many differences with their dad (yeah, I guess I'll finally get the daughter I always wanted) sincerely wished them happiness and that can only be good luck ... I expect that this will be one of my most emotional weekends ever ... I still remember carrying him around like a football ... hard to let go, but if that's what it takes to get grandkids, so be it ...

    thanks for the note ...

  7. #287
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061944492]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post

    I'll tell my son and his future wife that someone who has many differences with their dad (yeah, I guess I'll finally get the daughter I always wanted) sincerely wished them happiness and that can only be good luck ... I expect that this will be one of my most emotional weekends ever ... I still remember carrying him around like a football ... hard to let go, but if that's what it takes to get grandkids, so be it ...

    thanks for the note ...
    It's not the end bj. It's a new beginning...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #288
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,340

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=AlabamaPaul;1061944502]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    It's not the end bj. It's a new beginning...
    Ditto from me, bori! Congratulations to all of you! Now it starts to get interesting in different ways!

  9. #289
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,771
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Where did the story about Holly Paz come from, if it were not from Rep. Issa's leak?

    IRS supervisor in DC scrutinized tea party cases
    Obviously a leak. Nothing to tie it to Issa.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  10. #290
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,771
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061944099]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post

    Jack, please ... holding documents back?

    WASHINGTON -- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, has continued to release only select portions of committee interviews with key Internal Revenue Service staffers despite calls to make the full transcripts public.

    In recent days, the California Republican has allowed reporters from local and national news outlets to review portions of his panel's investigative work into the IRS targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. The move looks like a rebuke to the ranking Democrat on his committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), and even some Republican lawmakers, who have publicly worried that selective leaking imperils the integrity of the investigation.

    ...

    IRS Investigation: Darrell Issa Releases More Partial Transcripts Despite Calls For Full Accounts (UPDATE)
    He'll release it all when it's appropriate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •