Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 299

Thread: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061943952]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    Issa is standing up for orderly procedure. Cummings is the one playing politics. Issa has not tried to suppress anything; he only wants to hold all the documents back until the investigation is completed, as is proper procedure and as any competent investigator would recommend.
    Jack, please ... holding documents back?

    WASHINGTON -- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, has continued to release only select portions of committee interviews with key Internal Revenue Service staffers despite calls to make the full transcripts public.

    In recent days, the California Republican has allowed reporters from local and national news outlets to review portions of his panel's investigative work into the IRS targeting of conservative groups seeking tax-exempt status. The move looks like a rebuke to the ranking Democrat on his committee, Rep. Elijah Cummings (Md.), and even some Republican lawmakers, who have publicly worried that selective leaking imperils the integrity of the investigation.

    ...

    IRS Investigation: Darrell Issa Releases More Partial Transcripts Despite Calls For Full Accounts (UPDATE)

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=Gina;1061943966]
    Moderator's Warning:
    IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]Gentlemen, the ping pong match stops now. Please return to the topic and stop derailing.


    [QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061943810]

    we've moved on Gina ... my apologies ...

  3. #263
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061944081]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post

    what will it take for you to recognize the degree to which wealth and power are concentrrated in very few hands and how damaging that is to our country? there's a class war Paul, and the middle class, workers, and the poor are losing, and while you and I are living comfortably, unlike you, I can't not care about that ... Don't tell me that you're now part of the "he's a socialist" cabal Paul ... What next? Birther? He didn't do nearly enough to call the electorate's attention to this national shame. It took Romney with his 47%, off-shore accounts, etc. to alert people to the fact that he didn't give a rat's behind about them ...
    When you realize the fact the the President uses the frailties of voters to advance HIS agenda, we may be able to engage in a rational discourse, but as long as you're content to bury your head in the sand, there can't be one. Socialist, Birther? You're a bit over the edge tonight as you know I have never ascribed to either of these thought processes. Would I ascribe Marxist? Certainly...

    BTW, what does any of this have to do with the IRS?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,298

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    People people ... can we all watch for unbalanced QUOTE pairs?
    I'd hate to have to take more medication.

  5. #265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=AlabamaPaul;1061944106]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    When you realize the fact the the President uses the frailties of voters to advance HIS agenda, we may be able to engage in a rational discourse, but as long as you're content to bury your head in the sand, there can't be one. Socialist, Birther? You're a bit over the edge tonight as you know I have never ascribed to either of these thought processes. Would I ascribe Marxist? Certainly...
    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your posts Paul. Likening Obama to Limbaugh? Really? Obama, a Marxist? Really? Paul ... I think we're wasting each other's time ... best we ignore one another, no? I have serious problems with Obama, but I don't think he's the bogeyman you think he is, and you simply haven't made the case for it, as you seem to think you have ... unless your next response is even more over the top than your last, you can have the last word (BTW, you seem to lose it a tad when the Tide isn't playing -- hang in there, it's just around the corner) ...

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    People people ... can we all watch for unbalanced QUOTE pairs?
    I'd hate to have to take more medication.
    since when did you not like to take more medication? You were kidding, right?

  7. #267
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    much of the time has been here, asking for the criteria used to distinguish conservative from progressive organizations
    and have yet to receive a response to that inquiry
    which then tells me you and those like you have no clue about which of the applicant organizations were conservative or progressive
    making your argument one which lacks facts and substance
    bombast is a very weak substitute. sorry
    The IRS admitted it. They specifically apologized to conservative groups.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #268
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061944137]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post

    Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your posts Paul. Likening Obama to Limbaugh? Really? Obama, a Marxist? Really? Paul ... I think we're wasting each other's time ... best we ignore one another, no? I have serious problems with Obama, but I don't think he's the bogeyman you think he is, and you simply haven't made the case for it, as you seem to think you have ... unless your next response is even more over the top than your last, you can have the last word (BTW, you seem to lose it a tad when the Tide isn't playing -- hang in there, it's just around the corner) ...
    I don't think he's a boogie man either. You do seem to be blind to his actions though.

    I placed you on a personal ignore once, but you have somewhat overcome the reason for that. Hopefully, we can avoid a recurrence...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #269
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    People people ... can we all watch for unbalanced QUOTE pairs?
    I'd hate to have to take more medication.
    If we all were not somewhat of balance, we wouldn't be posting here. Good evening bubba...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  10. #270
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,298

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post
    since when did you not like to take more medication?
    I want to but ...


Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •