Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 299

Thread: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]

  1. #221
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,889
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061935075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post

    actually, I'm advocating protecting it, not selling it the way you are ... still, enjoy your day ...
    No. You want bureaucrats to ration political speech. That path leads to the Thought Police. I prefer to let contending citizens invest their money. Their motives may vary (Robert Redford and the Koch brothers, for example) but I'd rather run the risk of their influence than state control.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061935086]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    No. You want bureaucrats to ration political speech. That path leads to the Thought Police. I prefer to let contending citizens invest their money. Their motives may vary (Robert Redford and the Koch brothers, for example) but I'd rather run the risk of their influence than state control.
    set it up, rationalize it any way you want, but in the end you and I know what it means ...

  3. #223
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,889
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061935103]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post

    set it up, rationalize it any way you want, but in the end you and I know what it means ...
    You continue to underestimate the differences in our principles.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,295

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061935075]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post

    actually, I'm advocating protecting it, not selling it the way you are ... still, enjoy your day ...
    [QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061935086]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    No. You want bureaucrats to ration political speech. That path leads to the Thought Police. I prefer to let contending citizens invest their money. Their motives may vary (Robert Redford and the Koch brothers, for example) but I'd rather run the risk of their influence than state control.

    I don't know what you guys are up to with your comment chain but I'm getting a headche trying to follow who said what.

  5. #225
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,295

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    But what did the IRS do?
    They disclosed donors. You're good widdat?

  6. #226
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,889
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=bubbabgone;1061935190][QUOTE=windowdressing;1061935075]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post


    I don't know what you guys are up to with your comment chain but I'm getting a headche trying to follow who said what.
    Greetings, bubba.
    Just remember that I favor free speech and wd favors bureaucrats' speech, and you'll sort it out.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=bubbabgone;1061935190][QUOTE=windowdressing;1061935075]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post


    I don't know what you guys are up to with your comment chain but I'm getting a headche trying to follow who said what.
    me too ...

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061935259][QUOTE=bubbabgone;1061935190]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post



    Greetings, bubba.
    Just remember that I favor free speech and wd favors bureaucrats' speech, and you'll sort it out.
    obviously Jack hasn't followed it very well either ... I think the years are finally catching up to us ... maybe this will help ... Jack favors people having as much free speech and power as they can buy, and I don't ...

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    09-08-13 @ 02:07 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,655

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061935125]
    Quote Originally Posted by windowdressing View Post

    You continue to underestimate the differences in our principles.
    trust me Jack, I don't underestimate our differences ... they couldn't be more glaring ...

  10. #230
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,889
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    [QUOTE=windowdressing;1061935969][QUOTE=Jack Hays;1061935259]
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post

    obviously Jack hasn't followed it very well either ... I think the years are finally catching up to us ... maybe this will help ... Jack favors people having as much free speech and power as they can buy, and I don't ...
    Citizens with means are an effective counterweight to state power.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •