Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 299

Thread: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]

  1. #141
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by azgreg View Post
    I understand the partisanship on this site, I really do. However this is the IRS! We can all agree to hate the IRS right?
    You'd think so right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #142
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So you are rushing to declare a conclusion before an investigation is complete? How utterly objective of you pete.
    Nope, I was responding to Fenton's ridiculous claims.

  3. #143
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Nope, I was responding to Fenton's ridiculous claims.
    Really? Because all I see is talking point pap, that can be read on a myriad of sites, from any generic liberal water carrier out there....In fact, I think I could print the threads from a dozen sites, and find your exact words by throwing darts.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #144
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Really? Because all I see is talking point pap, that can be read on a myriad of sites, from any generic liberal water carrier out there....In fact, I think I could print the threads from a dozen sites, and find your exact words by throwing darts.
    You can find those exact words in a dictionary as well.

    All I need is hard evidence that the Obama administration is involved. You guys keep throwing **** against the wall until something sticks. I don't blame conservatives being pissed about the IRS situation, but somehow I think they are more intent on getting Obama than they are with resolving the issue.

  5. #145
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You can find those exact words in a dictionary as well.

    All I need is hard evidence that the Obama administration is involved. You guys keep throwing **** against the wall until something sticks. I don't blame conservatives being pissed about the IRS situation, but somehow I think they are more intent on getting Obama than they are with resolving the issue.
    And if we resolve the issue and get Obama on the way?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  6. #146
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And if we resolve the issue and get Obama on the way?
    Either way, Republicans will try to get him.

  7. #147
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    hmmm, profiling people who are likely using tax free status improperly. I would not know any republicans who would do that to say muslims, blacks, latinos, atheists, jews, women.......Hey Mr pot, the kettle called and said you are black.
    I would not know any democrats who would suggest that is highly unethical if not illegal...Hey Mr. Pot, the kettle called and said you are black.

    Now care to put forth actual arguments rather than hypocritical one sided accusations of biased treatment?

  8. #148
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,854
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Either way, Republicans will try to get him.
    Nah. Almost no longer worth the effort. If I were a Repub, that is.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #149
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    You can find those exact words in a dictionary as well.
    Wow, what a great response....If you have nothing but disdain for opposing political viewpoint that is....

    All I need is hard evidence that the Obama administration is involved.
    Well, some evidence has come to light, and the investigations are really just starting into this...Are you implying that nothing wrong was done?

    You guys keep throwing **** against the wall until something sticks.
    Well, my goodness...Isn't that just a shame? You progressives dogged republican administrations on every bull **** charge when ever they are in office, and will continue to do so when they regain office again, but somehow think it is unfair when your guy in office comes under the same type of scrutiny....Can you say hypocrisy?

    I don't blame conservatives being pissed about the IRS situation, but somehow I think they are more intent on getting Obama than they are with resolving the issue.
    Some are, sure....It takes two to tango buddy. Same thing happens regardless of who occupies the seat in the Oval Office. But, most people know that these sorts of things are NOT right, and full investigations need to happen, and regardless of party, if there is wrongdoing, that happened, then that person needs to go, period.

    I am stunned by those that just think that because it is Obama, that it was fine to do, and hell some even relish in the fact that the IRS, among other agencies were used against their opponents. That is just not what America is, or should be about.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show

    Moderator's Warning:
    IRS higher-ups requested info on conservative groups, letters show[W:249]Open Channel is NBC's blog page, moved to appropriate forum

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •