Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    This should be an automatic disqualification for any nominee. Obviously, she is too stupid, or too dishonest to hold a senior position in our government.

    Chicago billionaire Penny Pritzker failed to disclose at least $80 million in income from the past ten years on forms submitted for her nomination as Commerce secretary. The original version of the documents submitted last week reported that she had earned about $32.2 million for consulting on her family’s trusts, but new filings, released on Tuesday, reveal that she received at least $80 million on top of that previously reported income, according to Bloomberg.

    Obama
    Instad of going after ordinary citizens, who are simply excercising their constitutional rights, they should go after this bitch, because there is plenty of reason to believe that she forgot to report a few million bucks on her tax returns, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    the 80 mil, according to her lawyers, was a "clerical oversight"

    but there's more

    as scion of the hilton hoteliers, ms pritzker, according to the nytimes, was in the 90's a "pioneer" of subprime lending practices as well as the bundling of mortgage backed securities

    as director of superior bank, which failed in 2001, ms pritzker proudly proclaimed (according to nyt): "our commitment to subprime has never been stronger"

    the choice for commerce is also an "innovator in the use of offshore trusts to shelter wealth from income, capital gains and inheritance taxes," gripes the gray lady

    hyatt in 2012 was boycotted for "widespread labor abuses" by a diverse coalition of unions, from the nflpa to the gay and lesbian task force, who called out hyatt as "the worst hotel employee in america"

    ms pritzker has raised more money for barack obama, going back to springfield, than any single individual alive

    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/06/us...ead.html?_r=1&

    that said, she sailed thru confirmation hearings thursday, she was a lock from the moment she was picked

    Penny Pritzker Sails Through Confirmation Hearings | NBC Chicago

    meet YOUR new commerce secretary, ms penny pritzker

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,915

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    I realize that I don't travel in the same rarified financial circles, but isn't $80 million still a bit more than a clerical oversight?

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Interesting slant to the news, but expected considering the lean ya'll have.

    First her under reporting her earnings for consultant work, this wasn't discovered by the Investigators nor the Press but her OWN financial advisers and was immediately reported. So she told on herself. Now to put what 80 million means to her compared to her net worth.... 5%. or 1/2 of 1% for each year she earned it.

    Next the offshore trust fund. Unlike some, she didn't create that fund, she was a little girl at the time it was created and she doesn't manage it. You can ask our resident trust fund member if you doubt me but trust funds routinely name a very young member to extend the life of the trust. It doesn't mean that trust fund baby will ever have a say in the management of that fund, nor could they unilaterally change the trust.

    Hyatt- I have to shake my head and peek outside, I just had to make sure the sky is still blue! To see the above members support a Union and it's 'over inflated' wages. (well they are called over inflated wages in any of a dozen other threads where Unions are discussed)

    Millionaires declare they are cutting hours to make their employees part-time to put the burden of insurance on the wage earner and there was no condemnation.

    The Superior Bank failure- she left that bank 7 years before it failed. If it was Rumsfeld that held that position and then left I doubt ANY of you would raise an eyebrow.

    If the GOP members of the committee had real heartburn with her she would have been raked over the coals but fact is she is far more like the TP's backers than the democrat faithful...

  5. #5
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Interesting slant to the news, but expected considering the lean ya'll have.

    First her under reporting her earnings for consultant work, this wasn't discovered by the Investigators nor the Press but her OWN financial advisers and was immediately reported. So she told on herself. Now to put what 80 million means to her compared to her net worth.... 5%. or 1/2 of 1% for each year she earned it.

    Next the offshore trust fund. Unlike some, she didn't create that fund, she was a little girl at the time it was created and she doesn't manage it. You can ask our resident trust fund member if you doubt me but trust funds routinely name a very young member to extend the life of the trust. It doesn't mean that trust fund baby will ever have a say in the management of that fund, nor could they unilaterally change the trust.

    Hyatt- I have to shake my head and peek outside, I just had to make sure the sky is still blue! To see the above members support a Union and it's 'over inflated' wages. (well they are called over inflated wages in any of a dozen other threads where Unions are discussed)

    Millionaires declare they are cutting hours to make their employees part-time to put the burden of insurance on the wage earner and there was no condemnation.

    The Superior Bank failure- she left that bank 7 years before it failed. If it was Rumsfeld that held that position and then left I doubt ANY of you would raise an eyebrow.

    If the GOP members of the committee had real heartburn with her she would have been raked over the coals but fact is she is far more like the TP's backers than the democrat faithful...
    It all comes down to D vs. R. If she was a R, none of that would matter to to them. And since she's a D, none of it matters to the other side. You've got to remember that someone with similar sins regarding offshore funds and failed businesses was who they wanted to make President.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #6
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,626

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It all comes down to D vs. R. If she was a R, none of that would matter to to them. And since she's a D, none of it matters to the other side. You've got to remember that someone with similar sins regarding offshore funds and failed businesses was who they wanted to make President.
    ANNNND said who better to manage our nation's finances than a guy who thinks corporations are people, off shore is fine, and not all the companies he rap.... ahh acquired through Bane tanked after being gutted of their assets...

    The Right Wing should applaud this lady, the congress critter right wingers seem to love her, but like you point out, she isn't an R....

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Interesting slant to the news, but expected considering the lean ya'll have.

    First her under reporting her earnings for consultant work, this wasn't discovered by the Investigators nor the Press but her OWN financial advisers and was immediately reported. So she told on herself. Now to put what 80 million means to her compared to her net worth.... 5%. or 1/2 of 1% for each year she earned it.

    Next the offshore trust fund. Unlike some, she didn't create that fund, she was a little girl at the time it was created and she doesn't manage it. You can ask our resident trust fund member if you doubt me but trust funds routinely name a very young member to extend the life of the trust. It doesn't mean that trust fund baby will ever have a say in the management of that fund, nor could they unilaterally change the trust.

    Hyatt- I have to shake my head and peek outside, I just had to make sure the sky is still blue! To see the above members support a Union and it's 'over inflated' wages. (well they are called over inflated wages in any of a dozen other threads where Unions are discussed)

    Millionaires declare they are cutting hours to make their employees part-time to put the burden of insurance on the wage earner and there was no condemnation.

    The Superior Bank failure- she left that bank 7 years before it failed. If it was Rumsfeld that held that position and then left I doubt ANY of you would raise an eyebrow.

    If the GOP members of the committee had real heartburn with her she would have been raked over the coals but fact is she is far more like the TP's backers than the democrat faithful...
    So, the defense is that she's stupid and not crooked. Ok...how is that better?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It all comes down to D vs. R. If she was a R, none of that would matter to to them. And since she's a D, none of it matters to the other side. You've got to remember that someone with similar sins regarding offshore funds and failed businesses was who they wanted to make President.
    Obviously, it doesn't matter to you, either, since she's one of The Messiah's picks.

    The Messiah could pick Charles Manson and you people would stick up for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #9
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Forget the $80 million not reported, I'd like to know how she became a "billionaire" making only $100 million in the past 10 years.

    Secondly, and more troubling, she's a "Chicago" billionaire - aren't there enough Chicago influences screwing up America already?
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #10
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,175

    Re: Obama's Commerce Secretary Didn't Report $80 Million in Consulting Income

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, it doesn't matter to you, either, since she's one of The Messiah's picks.

    The Messiah could pick Charles Manson and you people would stick up for him.
    I'm not sticking up for anybody. But isn't it interesting how her resume is similar to Romney's - yet you think he should be President, while she isn't qualified to be Secretary of Commerce. Maybe Obama should just nominate Mitt. You wouldn't know what to do.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •