Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 143

Thread: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's called insurance

    Doesn't the right wing understand insurance?
    What did you actually think insurance was when you made your original statement?

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,888
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's called insurance

    Doesn't the right wing understand insurance?
    It is doing the very same thing which you say people are not allowed to do...make others pay for your health care costs. Indeed, now that it is MANDATED by the government you are making others pay into insurance which is collectively used by everyone in that pool. IE you mare making other people pay for your health insurance because you are not paying in near enough to cover JUST your healthcare costs. If you did then you wouldn't NEED insurance. You could just use a bank.

    Seems like you are the one that doesn't understand insurance.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  3. #83
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's called insurance

    Doesn't the right wing understand insurance?
    Yes, we do. Driving is a privilege, so insurance is required to drive.

    Is living also a privilege in your book?

    And guess what. Some of us would prefer to pay the cheap rates of catastrophic insurance coverage, and pay all normal medical costs out of pocket. I despise the authoritarians who say I must carry insurance that meets their guidelines. Just who in hell do they think they are?

  4. #84
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Not when this was your argument
    It's true.

    You don't have the liberty or the right to make other people pay for your health care.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #85
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    What did you actually think insurance was when you made your original statement?
    Insurance <> "you making others pay for your health care"
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  6. #86
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    It is doing the very same thing which you say people are not allowed to do...make others pay for your health care costs. Indeed, now that it is MANDATED by the government you are making others pay into insurance which is collectively used by everyone in that pool. IE you mare making other people pay for your health insurance because you are not paying in near enough to cover JUST your healthcare costs. If you did then you wouldn't NEED insurance. You could just use a bank.

    Seems like you are the one that doesn't understand insurance.
    *You* are not the govt.

    *You* do not have the right or the power to make others pay for your health care.

    *You* do not understand the difference between you and the govt
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #87
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yes, we do. Driving is a privilege, so insurance is required to drive.

    Is living also a privilege in your book?

    And guess what. Some of us would prefer to pay the cheap rates of catastrophic insurance coverage, and pay all normal medical costs out of pocket. I despise the authoritarians who say I must carry insurance that meets their guidelines. Just who in hell do they think they are?
    Go ahead and despise them. Whatever floats your boat

    But the govt has the power to penalize those who won't get insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    It's true.

    You don't have the liberty or the right to make other people pay for your health care.
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Insurance <> "you making others pay for your health care"
    You already lost the argument and now you're just drowning. I'm really not interesting in watching you drown. I'll see you around.

  9. #89
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    You already lost the argument and now you're just drowning. I'm really not interesting in watching you drown. I'll see you around.
    Once again, you're making stuff up.

    You haven't been able to refute anything I've said, so now you're back to making stuff up.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #90
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: "Some very good news for Obamacare"

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Yes, we do. Driving is a privilege, so insurance is required to drive.

    Is living also a privilege in your book?

    And guess what. Some of us would prefer to pay the cheap rates of catastrophic insurance coverage, and pay all normal medical costs out of pocket. I despise the authoritarians who say I must carry insurance that meets their guidelines. Just who in hell do they think they are?
    I'm sure you'd prefer that. Until you got sick and it turns out your catastrophic coverage doesn't cover squat. Then the rest of the bill gets dumped on the public because you declare bankruptcy. Worse, since you are less likely to go to the doctor's office when paying out of pocket, you're more likely to need that catastrophic coverage because you let small problems turn into big ones.

    Dump that on me? Who do you think you are?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •