Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

  1. #1
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Senior White House officials were briefed about a federal audit of the IRS’s improper focus on conservatives, but they decided not to tell President Obama about it, press secretary Jay Carney claimed Monday.

    White House counsel Kathryn Ruemmler learned about the report in April and made the decision not to tell the president, even as other senior staffers got wind of the audit by Treasury’s inspector general for tax administration, Carney said.

    that Tea Party and other small-government advocates seeking tax-exempt status were tagged for special screening because of their names.

    Carney defended the decision to keep the president out of the loop, saying conclusions often change in the final stages of inspector general reports. It also would’ve been inappropriate, Carney added, for the White House to involve itself in an ongoing investigation.
    Read more @:http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ells-reporters

    Official explanation is that Obama was out of the loop and White House personnel withheld information from him. Expect more to come soon.


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Obama minus the high..



    If he is truly as ignorant of as much as he says he is then he should seriously consider taking steps to becoming better informed of what is going on. This excuse of his is just making him look like an incompetent boob.
    Last edited by Henrin; 05-21-13 at 04:21 AM.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    This was an internal issue to begin with. So Obama having knowledge of it would be like asking if he had knowledge of what's going on in the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Sure, he'd probably have some knowledge of laws being passed concerning the IRS, but this is something which would have been handled internally - not something which would get all the way up to the President as anything more than a mention between what's going on in the Middle East and North Korea.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @:Carney: Obama out of IRS loop - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

    Official explanation is that Obama was out of the loop and White House personnel withheld information from him. Expect more to come soon.
    Once again, we're not crooked, were just incompetent. Jay Carney keeps saying so, therefore it must be so. At least Reagan actually had Alzheimers.
    Last edited by Gie; 05-21-13 at 04:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Professor
    wbcoleman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    06-07-16 @ 11:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,833

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @:Carney: Obama out of IRS loop - The Hill - covering Congress, Politics, Political Campaigns and Capitol Hill | TheHill.com

    Official explanation is that Obama was out of the loop and White House personnel withheld information from him. Expect more to come soon.
    Yeah, right.
    Zionism is the National Liberation Movement of the Jewish People.

  6. #6
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Read more @:Carney: Obama out of IRS loop - The Hill's Video

    Official explanation is that Obama was out of the loop and White House personnel withheld information from him. Expect more to come soon.
    Carney? The man's a known liar. Why would anybody believe anything he says now? Ongoing investigation? I do remember that Bill Clinton couldn't talk about much of anything because everything of any consequence was under investigation. The number of ongoing investigations alone is enough to conclude that things are greatly amiss in this administration.

  7. #7
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    So its either a lie or the President is merely an incompetent CEO. Neither bode well for him at the end of the day. Considering how tight his inner circle is (or at least have been reported on and written about), I have hard time buying that he had no idea.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    This was an internal issue to begin with. So Obama having knowledge of it would be like asking if he had knowledge of what's going on in the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Sure, he'd probably have some knowledge of laws being passed concerning the IRS, but this is something which would have been handled internally - not something which would get all the way up to the President as anything more than a mention between what's going on in the Middle East and North Korea.
    I don't think so. The IRS thing has huge political ramifications, as we have seen. Apparently Obama wants "plausible deniability" and therein is a problem. For an executive to want to hide from things is purely political and not executive. Executives are in the business of solving problems and can't do so if they are unaware of the problems. Obama is first and foremost a politician. The only reason he would not have known about this is that he wanted not to know about it. If he were first and formost an executive he would demand to know about problems like this.

  9. #9
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I don't think so. The IRS thing has huge political ramifications, as we have seen. Apparently Obama wants "plausible deniability" and therein is a problem. For an executive to want to hide from things is purely political and not executive. Executives are in the business of solving problems and can't do so if they are unaware of the problems. Obama is first and foremost a politician. The only reason he would not have known about this is that he wanted not to know about it. If he were first and foremost an executive he would demand to know about problems like this.
    Bolded = Bingo!
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  10. #10
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,258

    Re: Carney: Obama out of IRS loop

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    I don't think so. The IRS thing has huge political ramifications, as we have seen. Apparently Obama wants "plausible deniability" and therein is a problem. For an executive to want to hide from things is purely political and not executive. Executives are in the business of solving problems and can't do so if they are unaware of the problems. Obama is first and foremost a politician. The only reason he would not have known about this is that he wanted not to know about it. If he were first and formost an executive he would demand to know about problems like this.
    Plausible deniability. The problem is with the plausible part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •